Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 25 Jul 2014, 03:35

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Test results - Princeton

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Test results - Princeton [#permalink] New post 04 May 2004, 02:21
Hi guys

I gave my first test (GMAT), with Princeton and scored 641 (Q-44, V-34). Any idea where this woud lead to .. perhaps a rough estimation on to the real GMAT.

I am yet to start with he OG and Kaplan. Any suggestions on what to follow from now on to maximise GMAT. Thanks bros...

Edited -- Sorry the score was 640 and not 641 (pardon me)

Carsen

Last edited by carsen on 04 May 2004, 10:02, edited 1 time in total.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
CEO
CEO
Followers: 59

Kudos [?]: 658 [0], given: 781

Re: Test results - Princeton [#permalink] New post 04 May 2004, 09:52
carsen wrote:
Hi guys

I gave my first test (GMAT), with Princeton and scored 641 (Q-44, V-34). Any idea where this woud lead to .. perhaps a rough estimation on to the real GMAT.

I am yet to start with he OG and Kaplan. Any suggestions on what to follow from now on to maximise GMAT. Thanks bros...

Carsen

wow..641?

Hey we actually have a score estimator. but we recently made some changes in the website design. The estimator will be back up soon.

you can enter your kaplan,princeton and other scores ..and it will give you an estimate of your score. remember, its an ESTIMATE.

we have a database of 126. this contains the practice scores and the Scores on the real gmat . all this info has been submitted by our members.

I will let you know when the estimator is back online.

Sincerely
Praet
Expert Post
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2161

Kudos [?]: 7606 [0], given: 3626

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Test results - Princeton [#permalink] New post 04 May 2004, 11:22
Expert's post
carsen wrote:
Hi guys

Edited -- Sorry the score was 640 and not 641 (pardon me)

Carsen

What version was it?
I have taken the online tester and several times got high math results, but never managed to really master the verbal - I think it is too different from the Real GMAT and thus my logic was not working in the CR and grammar seemed to be screwed up.

If you can sort of estimate with Kaplan - just add 100 to your score :wink: , it is much harder with PR - I don't think it is proportionate....

ON the bright side, some people score as high as 80-100 points above PR on their GMATs....

:wink:

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 05 May 2004, 18:14
Hi

Thanks all of you for the insight. I presume, and also have a strong feeling that I can get a higher score than P.R (640). Your replies were a real booster for me. Guys, I need one more help. After taking the first test (PR), my analysis was that,

1. I was doing pretty bad in RC.
2. SC was ok, except that, few grammer stuff have to be refreshed.
3. The math went well but needs more polishing. And more concentration as I see I made few silly mistakes. (Viz., I caculated the total distance, walked my john when the question asked to calculate one-way distance) .. You know what I mean. There are few of us here, who can avoid such mistakes my cross-checking our answers, specially for such question, like distance etc..
4. CR was really good with only 92% correct. Hence, not much time to be gspent on this.

Summaring the above, Verbal, esplly RC needs lot of work. Any suggestion on RC and how to improve. I know that reading a lot does make a lot of difference. The passages in RC are so boring and sometimes my eyes pain and I end up reading the stuff twice if not more.

Thanks again.

Regards
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 08 May 2004, 09:56
I scrored a 45 verbal and a 42 quant? Any idea what my score would be ?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 08 May 2004, 10:14
Hi

Thats a fantastic score .. I presume that should be more than 700 ... around the range of 700-720. The Verbal part is too good. What prep materials are u using to get such a score.

To others .. guys .. am i right with the estimation?. Correct me, if I am wrong.

Thanks bro
Regards
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 08 May 2004, 11:55
Well to be honest I have been studying in spurts for the last two years..I have used the Kaplan materials (Standard Book and CD as well as GMAT 800) along with the OG. Being that I have also been comtemplating law school, I also used an LSAT book for extra practice.
  [#permalink] 08 May 2004, 11:55