Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Oct 2014, 23:48

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Tested a couple days ago - 730 (49Q, 40V)

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 2

Tested a couple days ago - 730 (49Q, 40V) [#permalink] New post 15 Dec 2011, 10:20
Hey guys,

I've been an occasional lurker on here for a couple months, picking up the fantastic tips and pieces of information many of you share with the forum. I'm rather short on time at the moment, but I wanted to thank you all for your contributions.

A busy work schedule prevented me from studying nearly as much as I would have liked, so my approach was somewhat less than ideal and probably prevented me from scoring in my ideal range (750+). However, as I am not currently looking at top 10 programs, it is unlikely that I will retake the exam.

As for exam day itself, I took it a couple days back (first attempt). The first thing that hit me as soon as I walked in the door was the stuffy air about the majority of the GMAT candidates in the waiting room. Ok, so everyone else is dressed for a black tie event. Superb. I began the test by annoying the proctor off the bat with demands of a backup pen, though she ultimately refused. I then slapped on the noise cancellation ear muffs provided (the kind ramp agents wear on the tarmac) and jumped into the essays, which were fine, although I feel as if my Analysis of An Issue piece was not thorough enough because I was too busy worrying about the upcoming Q/V, especially in light of my lack of sufficient studying. I got through the AWA, took a break and a breather, and got to the quant section. Much of it seemed easier than many "hard" questions I had come across in practice, but I ended up compensating for a shortage of time by rushing on a couple questions toward the end. This probably affected my score somewhat. I then took another break, and charged ahead to the verbal section. I sailed through it, finishing approximately 20 minutes early. At this point, I realized too late that I probably should have spent a little more time per problem. Oh well. I anxiously clicked through the survey pages and received my score. Not ecstatic but not disappointed.

I'll try to post a full debrief (studying/materials, strategies, tips, etc.) within the next few days. Meanwhile, if you have any particular questions or comments, I'd be happy to address them!

Cheers,

Gl0wstix
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Tested a couple days ago - 730 (49Q, 40V)   [#permalink] 15 Dec 2011, 10:20