Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 01 Oct 2014, 18:28

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Thank you!!! 700 -> 770 in 3 weeks

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [1] , given: 0

Thank you!!! 700 -> 770 in 3 weeks [#permalink] New post 15 Jun 2013, 09:36
This post received
KUDOS
So I know that as a relatively new user without a single post before this on my account there is no way to verify my internet identity, there is no way to know if you can take this post as for reals or not, but I just wanted to give a big THANK-YOU to all of the people here who have taken the time and effort to post all of the incredibly useful (FREE!) resources that helped me go from a first practice test of 700 to the 770 I just got today after three weeks of studying... even though I arrived just a few minutes before my scheduled test time due to stupidly awful traffic... err, maybe I shouldn't talk about that.

In particular:
- Bunuel, for lots of quality questions and even more quality answers
- LGOdream, for that great study guide that I can't post here due to not having 5 posts ^^;
- Too many users to list individually for their explanations to specific problems; insightful posts; and mini-guides
- sdas, for making a great compilation of resources

These, Veritas' amazing question bank (I will thank them after posting this), and the free GMATPrep tests were all of the resources that I needed - the test I just took was a (relative) piece of cake compared to lots of the questions on this forum. I realize that I probably started off a little above average (which is why I'm not posting this in the "Best GMAT Stories" thread), but I definitely couldn't have been able to tackle the harder questions without the resources you guys made available.

Anyways, just wanted to thank this forum. You guys are AWESOME :D
Veritas Prep GMAT Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Leadership, General Management
GMAT 1: 600 Q44 V29
GPA: 2.4
WE: Analyst (Computer Software)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 38

Re: Thank you!!! 700 -> 770 in 3 weeks [#permalink] New post 22 Jun 2013, 06:34
tangdynasty wrote:
So I know that as a relatively new user without a single post before this on my account there is no way to verify my internet identity, there is no way to know if you can take this post as for reals or not, but I just wanted to give a big THANK-YOU to all of the people here who have taken the time and effort to post all of the incredibly useful (FREE!) resources that helped me go from a first practice test of 700 to the 770 I just got today after three weeks of studying... even though I arrived just a few minutes before my scheduled test time due to stupidly awful traffic... err, maybe I shouldn't talk about that.

In particular:
- Bunuel, for lots of quality questions and even more quality answers
- LGOdream, for that great study guide that I can't post here due to not having 5 posts ^^;
- Too many users to list individually for their explanations to specific problems; insightful posts; and mini-guides
- sdas, for making a great compilation of resources

These, Veritas' amazing question bank (I will thank them after posting this), and the free GMATPrep tests were all of the resources that I needed - the test I just took was a (relative) piece of cake compared to lots of the questions on this forum. I realize that I probably started off a little above average (which is why I'm not posting this in the "Best GMAT Stories" thread), but I definitely couldn't have been able to tackle the harder questions without the resources you guys made available.

Anyways, just wanted to thank this forum. You guys are AWESOME :D

great score.. congrats .. what colleges are u targeting?
why u felt the need to retake GMAT at 700 score?

All men dream - but not equally. Those who dream by night, in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity... But the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, to make it possible.

Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 119

Premium Member
Re: Thank you!!! 700 -> 770 in 3 weeks [#permalink] New post 22 Jun 2013, 09:45
Wow! That is an amazing effort! Good luck with your application! I have the same question as
nathandrake, which schools are you targeting?
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Thank you!!! 700 -> 770 in 3 weeks [#permalink] New post 01 Jul 2013, 13:21
Thanks for your congratulations!

I should clarify that the score of 700 was from a practice test, and that my first (and only) "real" test result was of a 770. I'm entering medical school in the fall, and took the GMAT in preparation to apply for an MD/MBA 5-year program. I'd say that my top choice is Cornell, although that's mostly because it offers transfer MD/MBAs from other schools.
Re: Thank you!!! 700 -> 770 in 3 weeks   [#permalink] 01 Jul 2013, 13:21