Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 May 2015, 14:19

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Thank You Gmat Club! 740 it is!!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Thank You Gmat Club! 740 it is!! [#permalink] New post 04 Jul 2004, 00:46
I gave my GMAT on June30 and scored 740 (Q 50; V 40). :lol:

Its great to be a part of this group. Some of the discussions really improved my verbal fundas. I guess I should have done better but I ran out of time and had only two minutes for the last 4 verbal questions and they were all CR- my weak point!!

Quant was cool...a SD problem thrown in and 4 questions on probability/ Permu and combi (topics I dreaded before reading questions posted on discusions in this site)....DS was actually pretty cool....

I prepared for 4 weeks and used Kaplan, Princeton and Powerprep....Powerprep is of course most relevant ...Princeton analysis of wrong answers really helped me improve...Kaplan sample tests seemed sadistic and I failed to cross 670 :evil: in any of their tests.

Do give a small test from Powerprep the day you have your test (even if you have given it before)- it will get your brain warmed up especially if you have an early morning test like I had (at 9am).

So thank you guys, especially Paul (God bless you wherever you are for all your fundas!) and hope to see you next year at Insead! 8-)
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Followers: 28

Kudos [?]: 219 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 04 Jul 2004, 01:13
Many congrats vijay! I'm glad I was of help to you and you definitely got a rocking score :banana . Good luck in your application and to INSEAD!

Best Regards,

Paul

Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 04 Jul 2004, 10:07
hello Vijay

Hearty Congrats! :) that was a great score and guess U were paid back for what U have done...

anywhere U felt that the test was getting harder and therefore determining ur level and also did U have any idea as to how U were performing like did U feel 'that around this particular question I belive I m around the 700 mark or something like ...'
did U have any sense of ur score just before U finished the test...

I m asking U some questions which may seem strange but I guess these are the felings when U are alomst through with the test and I wana know how much ur gut feel matched ets score...

all the best for ur target schol...

have fun :)

the whole worldmakes way for the man who knows wer he's going... good luck

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 04 Jul 2004, 13:39
Vijay:
Congrats!!! I was wondering if you can share your strategy for individual sections such as SC , Number properties questions etc. Also, it will be great if you can share your scores in the practice tests of princeton, kaplan etc.
Thanks.
CEO
CEO
Followers: 61

Kudos [?]: 704 [0], given: 781

[#permalink] New post 06 Jul 2004, 09:16
Congratulations!

Continuing with GMATClub's tradition of giving back, could you explain your strategy in detail for each section of the GMAT. how many hours/week , what problems you faced , how did you tackle RC/CR...etc etc... the more detail the better. I am sure everyone here will benefit.

Everyone's strategy is different, but we all can learn a little bit from reading others prep. experience.

As i mentioned earlier, we are adding a new category to the website and intend to publish gmat prep strategies of different members.

thanks
Praet
  [#permalink] 06 Jul 2004, 09:16