Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 19 Sep 2014, 12:12

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

The anthology Georgian Poetry was named to give the

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 235 [0], given: 17

The anthology Georgian Poetry was named to give the [#permalink] New post 11 Feb 2013, 13:25
00:00
A
B
C
D
E

Difficulty:

65% (hard)

Question Stats:

49% (02:26) correct 51% (01:34) wrong based on 94 sessions
The anthology Georgian Poetry was named to give the impression that the contents were as contemporary as the newly installed king, George V, but by selecting rather conventional poets, the term Georgian came to have the opposite connotation.

The anthology Georgian Poetry was named to give the impression that the contents were as contemporary as the newly installed king, George V, but by selecting

The anthology Georgian Poetry was named to give the impression that the contents were as contemporary as George V, the newly installed king, but by selecting

The anthology Georgian Poetry was named to give the impression that the contents were as contemporary as the newly installed king, George V, but because of the selection of

The anthology Georgian Poetry was named to give the impression that the contents were as contemporary as that of the newly installed king, George V, but the selection of

The anthology Georgian Poetry, named to give the impression that the contents were as contemporary as the newly installed king, George V, but by selecting
[Reveal] Spoiler: OA

Kudos will encourage many others, like me.
Good Questions also deserve few KUDOS.

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Statistics
Schools: Yale '16, YLP '16 (M)
GPA: 3.4
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 13 [1] , given: 23

Re: The anthology Georgian Poetry was named to give the impressi [#permalink] New post 11 Feb 2013, 13:31
This post received
KUDOS
Even though I marked option C, I am not sure why each option was wrong. Can anyone please explain?
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 9 [1] , given: 6

Re: The anthology Georgian Poetry was named to give the impressi [#permalink] New post 11 Feb 2013, 15:07
This post received
KUDOS
dhruvd wrote:
Even though I marked option C, I am not sure why each option was wrong. Can anyone please explain?

[Reveal] Spoiler:
The anthology Georgian Poetry was named to give the impression that the contents were as contemporary as the newly installed king, George V, but by selecting who is performing an action "by selecting"? It lacks a subject/verb to modify and what it refers to is not clear

The anthology Georgian Poetry was named to give the impression that the contents were as contemporary as George V, the newly installed king, but by selecting same

The anthology Georgian Poetry was named to give the impression that the contents were as contemporary as the newly installed king, George V, but because of the selection of correct

The anthology Georgian Poetry was named to give the impression that the contents were as contemporary as that of the newly installed king, George V, but the selection of "that" has no clear antecedent, "contents" is plural and would anyway not make any sense in this context (the contents of a king?)

The anthology Georgian Poetry, named to give the impression that the contents were as contemporary as the newly installed king, George V, but by selecting this is a fragment as it does not have any verb
Re: The anthology Georgian Poetry was named to give the impressi   [#permalink] 11 Feb 2013, 15:07