Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 28 Jul 2015, 19:26
GMAT Club Tests

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

The Best GMAT CAT Practice Tests

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 35 [0], given: 39

The Best GMAT CAT Practice Tests [#permalink] New post 12 Dec 2011, 01:02
This post was
BOOKMARKED
Hello GMATClub admins and fellow forumers,

I intend to take my GMAT in 2 months and 14 days, and as I have found out that the GMAT is a Computer Adaptive Test, I want to take a slew of tests (between 15-20) to get prepared for the major GMAT. I want to know which GMAT Practice CATs are good and give one the best possible practice testing experience. I want to know in terms of question difficulty and also with a test which could be a very close representation of what can be found on the GMAT. I know that Kaplan, GMATPrep, ManhattanGMAT, and other test prep companies have Practice CATs. But I want to hear from fellow forumers which practice tests are among the best.

Thank you.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
GMAT 1: 640 Q44 V34
GMAT 2: 700 Q42 V44
GPA: 3.7
WE: Project Management (Energy and Utilities)
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 36 [0], given: 759

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: The Best GMAT CAT Practice Tests [#permalink] New post 12 Dec 2011, 01:09
Hi dzodzo85,

in fact, a very difficult question. Nevertheless, the best test come from the makers, so keep GMATPrep until the end. Some also like its predecessor PowerPrep, though it might have an old algorithm. The comes Manhattan GMAT (come automatically with all books), as well as Veritas Prep and Kaplan. GMATClub's tests are frequently suggested for the quality of their Math problems ;)

Have a look here: all-gmat-cat-practice-tests-links-prices-reviews-77460.html

Do not hesitate to ask ;)

Regards,

Thank you very much for reading this post till the end! Kudos?

Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
Followers: 58

Kudos [?]: 482 [0], given: 182

Re: The Best GMAT CAT Practice Tests [#permalink] New post 31 Dec 2012, 02:23
I would suggest MGMAT CATs. Quality of questions is good. Quant is tougher and lengthier than actual GMAT and verbal is almost on-par or just a notch below actual GMAT. If you own any one of their Strategy set book, then all 6 tests comes free with it.

Thanks,
Prashant Ponde

Tough 700+ Level RCs: Passage1 | Passage2 | Passage3 | Passage4 | Passage5 | Passage6 | Passage7
Reading Comprehension notes: Click here
VOTE: vote-best-gmat-practice-tests-excluding-gmatprep-144859.html
PowerScore CR Bible - Official Guide 13 Questions Set Mapped: Click here

Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 560 Q38 V30
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 4

Re: The Best GMAT CAT Practice Tests [#permalink] New post 22 Feb 2015, 01:08
Hey guys,

I have one question. On the Manhattan GMAT page it says that 1 year online access to 6 CAT exams is $49.00. But it also says that with the purchase of a Manhattan GMAT book you also get 1 year access to 6 Computer Adaptive Practice Exams ("Your online resources will be activated immediately after your purchase and available for one year from that date."). So if i were to purchase a single book (lets say the new Sixth Ed. - Algebra) for $23.00, would I get the book plus the 1 year access to 6 CAT exams?

Im just asking because to me, it doesnt make sense to buy 6 CAT Exams for the price of 49.00, when you can get a book plus 6 CAT exams for less than half the price..

Any clue why that is the case ?
Expert Post
EMPOWERgmat Instructor
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: 340 Q170 V170
Followers: 131

Kudos [?]: 836 [0], given: 53

Re: The Best GMAT CAT Practice Tests [#permalink] New post 22 Feb 2015, 13:17
Expert's post
Hi maxville23,

This sounds like a question that is probably best answered by Manhattan GMAT's customer service team. Have you tried contacting them (through email or phone)?

As to "why" such a 'deal' would be in place, my guess is that it helps to sell books.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich

Official Guide 2016 Question Breakdown:
http://gmatclub.com/forum/empowergmat-blog-198415.html#p1527977

Rich Cohen
Rich.C@empowergmat.com
http://www.empowergmat.com

GMAT Club Verified Reviews for EMPOWERgmat & Special Discount

EMPOWERgmat Podcast - A Wild Secret About The GMAT Algorithm

Expert Post
GMAT Pill Instructor
Followers: 335

Kudos [?]: 914 [0], given: 8

Re: The Best GMAT CAT Practice Tests [#permalink] New post 24 Feb 2015, 09:00
Expert's post
Students of the GMAT PILL Practice Test generally report scores within +- 30 points of what they are getting on GMATPrep tests. We do offer this test free of charge, but paid access will provide you video explanations for each question.

www.gmatpill.com/gmat-practice-test/practice-test

... and more

Image What's Inside GMAT Pill?

Zeke Lee, GMAT Pill Study Method (Study Less. Score More.)

GMAT Pill Reviews | GMAT PILL Free Practice Test

Expert Post
Manhattan GMAT Instructor
Followers: 167

Kudos [?]: 389 [0], given: 18

Re: The Best GMAT CAT Practice Tests [#permalink] New post 24 Feb 2015, 20:59
Expert's post
Yes, you do get access to all 6 exams when you buy a book. That's the deal to go for! :)

However, I strongly suggest that you *don't* go forward with your plan of taking so many tests. You need time in between each test to study and practice. Just doing test after test is not an effective way to improve. Believe me--I've tutored many students who have already tried this approach. They usually end up frustrated, and to make things worse they are left with no way to accurately assess their readiness for the exam!

Dmitry Farber | Manhattan GMAT Instructor | New York

Manhattan GMAT Discount | Manhattan GMAT Course Reviews | View Instructor Profile |
Manhattan GMAT Reviews

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 2

Re: The Best GMAT CAT Practice Tests [#permalink] New post 02 Mar 2015, 11:21
Hi DmitryFarber
My GMAT is on 5th April and i am scoring somewhere between 550-560 in the practice test which i have given so far...I am planning to buy MGMAT 6 online test.Do you suggest giving those test 15 days before the exam date to improve in quant.I gave one free test today of MGMAT and scored 550( Q-37 V-29) and my target score is 620-650.

Kindly assist me with the same.
Expert Post
Manhattan GMAT Instructor
Followers: 167

Kudos [?]: 389 [0], given: 18

Re: The Best GMAT CAT Practice Tests [#permalink] New post 05 Mar 2015, 13:17
Expert's post
I don't typically recommend taking more than one test per week. If your test is in one month, I'd start taking them now! Each week, review the latest CAT and use it to guide your study for the following week. As you go along with our exams, you can also run assessment reports that combine multiple CATs for a more useful level of data.

Dmitry Farber | Manhattan GMAT Instructor | New York

Manhattan GMAT Discount | Manhattan GMAT Course Reviews | View Instructor Profile |
Manhattan GMAT Reviews

Re: The Best GMAT CAT Practice Tests   [#permalink] 05 Mar 2015, 13:17