Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Oct 2014, 13:31

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

The Blackridge Company, a software retailer, recently

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
1 KUDOS received
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Affiliations: American Management association, American Association of financial accountants
Schools: Columbia university
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 61 [1] , given: 52

The Blackridge Company, a software retailer, recently [#permalink] New post 19 Nov 2011, 11:47
This post received
KUDOS
This post was
BOOKMARKED
00:00
A
B
C
D
E

Difficulty:

15% (low)

Question Stats:

81% (02:09) correct 19% (01:38) wrong based on 121 sessions
The Blackridge Company, a software retailer, recently implemented a service offering free telephone support for its customers. After 3 months of service, the average length of a technical support call was 15 minutes, 3 minutes higher than the company’s target length of 12 minutes. After studying the operations of the new telephone support division, the company discovered that customer support agents were putting customers on hold for an average of 4 minutes per call while these agents researched possible solutions to the technical issues at hand.

From the passage above, it can be inferred that the Blackridge Company could reduce the average length of its customer support calls by doing which of the following, assuming that each is a realistic possibility?
a) Improving the quality of its software products
b)Expanding the hours of operation of its telephone support service
c)Prohibiting customer service agents from putting customers on hold
d)Better training customer support agents in the technical aspects of the software
e)Providing an online support service in addition to the telephone support service
[Reveal] Spoiler: OA

Sky is the limit

Verbal Forum Moderator
Verbal Forum Moderator
Concentration: International Business, Marketing
Schools: Ross '17, Duke '16
GMAT Date: 06-06-2014
GPA: 3.07
Followers: 44

Kudos [?]: 240 [0], given: 43

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: The Blackridge Company, a software retailer, recently implem [#permalink] New post 19 Nov 2011, 23:52
IMO D, here is clue for this answer "customer support agents were putting customers on hold for an average of 4 minutes per call while these agents researched possible solutions to the technical issues at hand. ". If technical supporters are excellent and do not need to researched ...at hand. They can utilize the support call more effectively and reduce the time of support call.

Rules for posting in verbal gmat forum, read it before posting anything in verbal forum
Giving me + 1 kudos if my post is valuable with you :)

The more you like my post, the more you share to other's need

CR: Focus of the Week: Must be True Question

Director
Director
Concentration: International Business, General Management
GPA: 3.86
WE: Accounting (Commercial Banking)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 55 [0], given: 16

Re: The Blackridge Company, a software retailer, recently implem [#permalink] New post 20 Nov 2011, 02:45
D it is

+1 Kudos If found helpful..

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 13

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: The Blackridge Company, a software retailer, recently implem [#permalink] New post 20 Nov 2011, 18:55
why choices E is wrong? anyone can explain me please? thanks
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: The Blackridge Company, a software retailer, recently implem [#permalink] New post 22 Dec 2011, 03:47
support providing thru online and support providing thru telephone are two different entities, they are no where connected to each other...so online support doesn't help in reducing the average call lenth being spent by customer support agent.

SKK

Manager
Manager
GMAT Date: 12-15-2011

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Re: The Blackridge Company, a software retailer, recently implem [#permalink] New post 22 Dec 2011, 08:23
IMO D
Manager
Manager
Schools: NUS

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 31

GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests
Re: The Blackridge Company, a software retailer, recently implem [#permalink] New post 22 Dec 2011, 08:28
+1 for D
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Technology, International Business
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V37
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 21 [0], given: 6

Re: The Blackridge Company, a software retailer, recently implem [#permalink] New post 26 Dec 2011, 05:46
one more soft question
D
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 2

Re: The Blackridge Company, a software retailer, recently implem [#permalink] New post 03 Jan 2012, 00:18
If the agents are given better training, they will take lesser time to answer customer queries, hence option D makes perfect sense;
Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 28

Re: The Blackridge Company, a software retailer, recently implem [#permalink] New post 03 Jan 2012, 02:38
Clearly D is the answer.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 1

Re: The Blackridge Company, a software retailer, recently implem [#permalink] New post 06 Jan 2012, 03:05
Straight D
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Leadership
GMAT 1: 640 Q48 V30
GMAT 2: 650 Q46 V34
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 16

Re: The Blackridge Company, a software retailer, recently implem [#permalink] New post 06 Jan 2012, 03:18
IMO D . Answer choice brings in "new information" about online Support service which is not required and does'nt solve the issue of reducing the time taken for customer calls

Aiming for 700+!
[highlight]"And, when you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.”[/highlight]
― Paulo Coelho

Retired Moderator
Status: 2000 posts! I don't know whether I should feel great or sad about it! LOL
Schools: Harvard, Stanford, Wharton, MIT & HKS (Government)
WE 1: Economic research
WE 2: Banking
WE 3: Government: Foreign Trade and SMEs
Followers: 68

Kudos [?]: 332 [0], given: 109

Re: The Blackridge Company, a software retailer, recently implem [#permalink] New post 06 Jan 2012, 07:03
+1 D

"Life’s battle doesn’t always go to stronger or faster men; but sooner or later the man who wins is the one who thinks he can."

My Integrated Reasoning Logbook / Diary: my-ir-logbook-diary-133264.html

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

SVP
SVP
Followers: 279

Kudos [?]: 66 [0], given: 0

Premium Member
Re: The Blackridge Company, a software retailer, recently [#permalink] New post 08 Nov 2013, 11:22
Hello from the GMAT Club VerbalBot!

Thanks to another GMAT Club member, I have just discovered this valuable topic, yet it had no discussion for over a year. I am now bumping it up - doing my job. I think you may find it valuable (esp those replies with Kudos).

Want to see all other topics I dig out? Follow me (click follow button on profile). You will receive a summary of all topics I bump in your profile area as well as via email.
Re: The Blackridge Company, a software retailer, recently   [#permalink] 08 Nov 2013, 11:22