Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 15 Sep 2014, 20:55

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

The cliched H1 to F1 conversion question- getting the facts.

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
WE: Information Technology (Investment Banking)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

The cliched H1 to F1 conversion question- getting the facts. [#permalink] New post 02 Jan 2012, 06:47
Hi Guys -
This is my first post. I went through many topics on the well discussed H1 to F1 conversion and associated issues, in trying to seek answers for some bespoke questions.
A little about my background.
I have a masters in Computer Science & work for a top tier bank in Finance IT, with a little less than five years remaining on H1B.
I have exhausted all 29 Months of OPT (12 mo+17 mo extn.).
I plan to start my MBA in Fall 2012.
Baseline -
-I need to convert from H1 to F1 to get into a school as a full time student.
-I won't have a written job guarantee from the current employer upon graduation.
-I plan to drastically change my profile after MBA.
-No Green Card has been filed for me.

Questions-
1)Internship - Can I use CPT to do the summer internship? I used CPT during my Masters (3 months of allowed 12 months) to do a summer internship. If not, what options do I have?(i.e. international internship in countries with less visa issues etc.?)
2)Full time - Its 2012 and annual H1B cap is nowhere close to being filled as a result of a general hiring decrease. I expect the trend to continue for a few more years. Also, the graduation is around May, so my potential employer would have already applied for a new H1B (can't use the old one as am changing job profile) by the time I graduate?

Will be great if people who've been in my shoes or someone with good knowledge of the process can help me with these questions.

Thank you :)
The cliched H1 to F1 conversion question- getting the facts.   [#permalink] 02 Jan 2012, 06:47