Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Aug 2014, 10:53

Flash Sale:

The Economist GMAT Tutor - 15% Off All Courses

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

The commission made several sugestions regarding possible

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Director
Director
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
Followers: 15

Kudos [?]: 247 [0], given: 20

GMAT Tests User
The commission made several sugestions regarding possible [#permalink] New post 06 Nov 2010, 02:34
This post was
BOOKMARKED
00:00
A
B
C
D
E

Difficulty:

(N/A)

Question Stats:

40% (02:11) correct 60% (00:47) wrong based on 7 sessions
The commission made several sugestions regarding possible reponses to the recent increase in violent crime, which includes an increase in the number of unformed polic officers on the streets and instituting tougher mnimum sentences for convicted felons

A...
B. which includes increasing the number of uniformed police officers on the streets,
C. which include an increase in the number of uniformed police officers on the streets and
D. including increasing the number of uniformed police officers on the streets and
E. including an increase of the number of uniformed police officers on the streets as well as

OA not available. Please let me know whether the post is by any means useful, especially in the way of sharing opinions through critique of the various answer choices. Otherwise, I'll discontinue.... Thanks

KUDOS me if you feel my contribution has helped you.

Expert Post
Retired Moderator
Status: worked for Kaplan's associates, but now on my own, free and flying
WE: Education (Education)
Followers: 260

Kudos [?]: 1518 [0], given: 247

Re: The commision made several suggestions [#permalink] New post 06 Nov 2010, 05:06
Expert's post
D is the best. Relative pronoun-Which - has reference problems, It can not denote violent crime; So ABC are out. Between D and E, E uses a wrong idiom -an increase of - rather than -an increase in -. Secondly -an increase - is not parallel with - instituting -, though some might say it is a gerund and so equal to the noun -an increase -. At best - instituting of - may be accepted as a gerund and not just -instituting -

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Re: The commision made several suggestions   [#permalink] 06 Nov 2010, 05:06