Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Oct 2014, 10:46

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

The different between MGMAT SC 4th and 5th edition?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 460 Q38 V17
GMAT 2: Q V
GPA: 3.56
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 134

The different between MGMAT SC 4th and 5th edition? [#permalink] New post 15 Jun 2012, 12:20
Hi,Is there any significant difference between the 4th and the 5th edition of MGMAT SC?Please let me know..Thanks

Edit: Write the topic more clearly and specifically
Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
2 KUDOS received
Manhattan GMAT Instructor
Followers: 220

Kudos [?]: 339 [2] , given: 5

Re: The different between MGMAT SC 4th and 5th edition? [#permalink] New post 21 Jun 2012, 17:08
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
There isn't a significant different between the 4th and 5th editions of the MGMAT Sentence Correction book. The biggest changes involve the updated references to the new 13th edition OG. The rest of the changes are cosmetic or minor.

If you have the 4th edition SC and 12th edition OG you will be just fine.

Kyle Widdison | Manhattan GMAT Instructor | Utah

Manhattan GMAT Discount | Manhattan GMAT Course Reviews | View Instructor Profile

Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V40
GRE 1: 2170 Q800 V700
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 15

Re: The different between MGMAT SC 4th and 5th edition? [#permalink] New post 14 Jul 2012, 07:37
thats good to know. i wouldnt be buying the 5th ed then
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 750 Q47 V47
GPA: 3.6
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 0

Re: The different between MGMAT SC 4th and 5th edition? [#permalink] New post 30 Jul 2012, 19:21
So there is only a single question bank for SC online? IE, I can't access two different ones - one for the fourth and one for the fifth editions? Same question goes for all the other guides.

Thank you!

Thomas Hall

Expert Post
Manhattan GMAT Instructor
Followers: 220

Kudos [?]: 339 [0], given: 5

Re: The different between MGMAT SC 4th and 5th edition? [#permalink] New post 03 Aug 2012, 13:56
Expert's post
Which question bank are you referring to?

Posted from my mobile device Image

Kyle Widdison | Manhattan GMAT Instructor | Utah

Manhattan GMAT Discount | Manhattan GMAT Course Reviews | View Instructor Profile

Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 750 Q47 V47
GPA: 3.6
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 0

Re: The different between MGMAT SC 4th and 5th edition? [#permalink] New post 04 Aug 2012, 13:25
Each of the primary Manhattan GMAT guides comes with access to a corresponding 25-question question bank. I'm asking whether the 4th and 5th editions each have their own bank of questions or whether when you gain access using either book, you are accessing the same bank.

Thomas Hall

Manhattan GMAT Online Marketing Associate
Followers: 24

Kudos [?]: 56 [0], given: 7

Re: The different between MGMAT SC 4th and 5th edition? [#permalink] New post 06 Aug 2012, 06:25
tomderf wrote:
Each of the primary Manhattan GMAT guides comes with access to a corresponding 25-question question bank. I'm asking whether the 4th and 5th editions each have their own bank of questions or whether when you gain access using either book, you are accessing the same bank.

Both the 4th and 5th edition books give access to the same question banks. Good question!

Matt Mapplebeck | Manhattan GMAT Online Marketing Associate | New York

Manhattan GMAT Discount | Manhattan GMAT Course Reviews |
Manhattan GMAT Reviews

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 3

Re: The different between MGMAT SC 4th and 5th edition? [#permalink] New post 10 Aug 2012, 11:30
Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii,

I was so badly looking for this forum.
I have purchased the 5th edition MGMAT book (geometry)
I bought this as I have a prob. in geometry but majorly because i wanted the access to the online exams as i feel the MGAT are the best tests avalable.
I had also given the tests available under the 4th edition series.

What i want to know is do questions in the tests vary in the 5th edition when compared to the 4th and if they do, is the difference significant enough for someone who would retake these tests in the 5th edition to feel that he or she is not giving a test in which the questions look familiar.

Would of of great help if a MGMAT moderator can pitch in here.

Aiming to nail it this time :wink:

Regards,
Mohit
Manhattan GMAT Online Marketing Associate
Followers: 24

Kudos [?]: 56 [0], given: 7

Re: The different between MGMAT SC 4th and 5th edition? [#permalink] New post 20 Aug 2012, 07:02
MohitGarg wrote:
Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii,

I was so badly looking for this forum.
I have purchased the 5th edition MGMAT book (geometry)
I bought this as I have a prob. in geometry but majorly because i wanted the access to the online exams as i feel the MGAT are the best tests avalable.
I had also given the tests available under the 4th edition series.

What i want to know is do questions in the tests vary in the 5th edition when compared to the 4th and if they do, is the difference significant enough for someone who would retake these tests in the 5th edition to feel that he or she is not giving a test in which the questions look familiar.

Would of of great help if a MGMAT moderator can pitch in here.

Aiming to nail it this time :wink:

Regards,
Mohit

Hey Mohit,

The 4th and 5th edition materials share the exact same question banks and practice exams. Hope this helps!

Matt

Matt Mapplebeck | Manhattan GMAT Online Marketing Associate | New York

Manhattan GMAT Discount | Manhattan GMAT Course Reviews |
Manhattan GMAT Reviews

Re: The different between MGMAT SC 4th and 5th edition?   [#permalink] 20 Aug 2012, 07:02