Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Aug 2014, 06:29

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

The Everything Business School App Thread

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
CEO
CEO
Followers: 60

Kudos [?]: 665 [0], given: 781

Re: The Everything Business School App Thread [#permalink] New post 26 Oct 2010, 20:45
ariel wrote:
Amazing thread Praet, thank you for putting this together! A couple of items we could perhaps add are strategies for reapplicants as well as financial aid info (particularly in light of visa requirements for international students) - I think these two areas have garnered a lot of interest in the past.

Certainly ariel, I agree. thank you for the suggestion.
Manager
Manager
Schools: Wharton/Lauder - Class of 2013
WE 1: Project Management, Telecommunications
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 16

GMAT Tests User
Re: The Everything Business School App Thread [#permalink] New post 03 Jan 2011, 10:34
Just came across this. This is really useful!! Wish I had found it sooner but not too late yet. :)
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 3

Re: The Everything Business School App Thread [#permalink] New post 15 Feb 2011, 06:24
Hey guys,
This might not be what the thread is about but I have a Q that I think most viewres of this topic can help with,,, why an MBA?
I have a degree in Engineering, worked in the field for a couple of years then moved into management position in a totally different field. Now I feel I gotta learn a few more things to keep pushing in management coz I really like it & im fairly good at it :) and I've been working my way through apps and business schools looking for a suitable MBA program, but the reality is that I really dont know why do i want the MBA other than it being the most famous degree. I have to say the Masters in Finance or in Business Management sound appealing, but thats the thing, ive got no idea whats the difference, all im going with is how they all sound. I went through the curriculum in for the different degrees in different school and to be honest i didnt get much out of it.

I get the general idea, the MBA being the most recognized one, and offered by the best schools and would cover parts of all the others,,, but I'm investing alot of money and effort into this degree I want a bit more than just "general idea". I'm just wondering if any of you have done similar research and found out stuff like, what jobs would prefer MS Finance to MBA holders, or on average how many ppl do either or how much they make...

Can anyone help? please tell me why did u choose the MBA over other Masters options!

Cheers
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Real Estate, Finance
Schools: MIT (Sloan) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V44
Followers: 32

Kudos [?]: 483 [0], given: 70

Re: The Everything Business School App Thread [#permalink] New post 17 Feb 2011, 18:11
I believe this thread could be turned into a book. Amazing!
CEO
CEO

Re: The Everything Business School App Thread [#permalink] New post 07 Apr 2011, 04:02
Updated the Resources Section.

Quote:
Can anyone help? please tell me why did u choose the MBA over other Masters options!

Added section on "Why MBA".
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
Schools: CBS '14 (A)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 1

Re: The Everything Business School App Thread [#permalink] New post 24 Jul 2011, 15:35
A great resource. Thank you!
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 3

Re: The Everything Business School App Thread [#permalink] New post 19 Sep 2011, 10:26
Hi, general question whose answer may differ by school:

Should an applicant aim only cater to what a school is known for?
IE if a school is best known for X and you're interested in Y, would the school be interested in hearing about your interest in Y?

Why would one apply to a school known for X when the interest is Y?
To maximize job opportunities by going to a hi-rep school, if that makes sense.
TIA!
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: The Everything Business School App Thread [#permalink] New post 05 Oct 2011, 20:51
hey everyone!

im doing my management masters from thunderbird school of global management arizona

this forum was a good place for my business school search!
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: N.C.C.
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 21 [0], given: 2

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User
Re: The Everything Business School App Thread [#permalink] New post 19 Oct 2011, 13:44
Awesome thread guys...

We are twice armed if we fight with faith.

He who knows when he can fight & when He can't will be victorious.

CEO
CEO

Re: The Everything Business School App Thread [#permalink] New post 17 Dec 2011, 03:06
:oops: thanks everyone.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: The Everything Business School App Thread [#permalink] New post 23 May 2012, 00:07
Excellent thread.! It's really very useful, and helped me to know much more about B School.

Thanks you so much
Intern
Intern

Re: The Everything Business School App Thread [#permalink] New post 09 Jun 2012, 14:13
great collection, thank you.
Intern
Intern

Re: The Everything Business School App Thread [#permalink] New post 10 Jun 2012, 22:31
Great..!
All information together in one post.
Keep updating
Intern
Intern

Re: The Everything Business School App Thread [#permalink] New post 28 Nov 2012, 02:12
Nice Sharing really!!
Non-Human User
Followers: 19

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Premium Member
Re: The Everything Business School App Thread [#permalink] New post 07 Jul 2014, 02:12
Hello from the GMAT Club MBAbot!

Thanks to another GMAT Club member, I have just discovered this valuable topic, yet it had no discussion for over a year. I am now bumping it up - doing my job. I think you may find it valuable (esp those replies with Kudos).

Want to see all other topics I dig out? Follow me (click follow button on profile). You will receive a summary of all topics I bump in your profile area as well as via email.
Intern
Intern

Re: The Everything Business School App Thread [#permalink] New post 22 Jul 2014, 03:20
Awesome post came across. Everything at one place. Nice....

Aman Shah
Educonsult Founder

Re: The Everything Business School App Thread   [#permalink] 22 Jul 2014, 03:20