Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Oct 2014, 13:41

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

The evolution of your B-school pursuit

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Current Student
Schools: Chicago Booth '11
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 2

Re: The evolution of your B-school pursuit [#permalink] New post 03 Dec 2008, 06:51
This post was
BOOKMARKED
These are great..hopefully GMATclub class of 2011 can continue this thread soon.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 2

Re: The evolution of your B-school pursuit [#permalink] New post 15 Dec 2008, 01:46
This is indeed a thread that cracks my nerves, I joined GMAT club recently, the dreams and the struggle that people go through is really inspiring. Thanks for all the people who have posted here for guiding people like me through the GMAT adventure. I really hope more people will share their experience here.
CEO
CEO
Followers: 60

Kudos [?]: 675 [0], given: 781

Re: The evolution of your B-school pursuit [#permalink] New post 01 May 2009, 15:32
all you fall 09 admits, please consider contributing to this thread.
SVP
SVP
Schools: Kellogg '11
Followers: 13

Kudos [?]: 179 [0], given: 31

Re: The evolution of your B-school pursuit [#permalink] New post 01 May 2009, 18:54
Wow jb32!! That's an amazing story! Congrats! :-D
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Affiliations: ACA, CPA
Schools: BC
WE 1: Big4, Audit
WE 2: Banking
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 37 [0], given: 41

Re: The evolution of your B-school pursuit [#permalink] New post 01 May 2009, 20:00
Great post JB. thanks for your insights.

If you have made mistakes, there is always another chance for you. You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down.

Current Student
Schools: LBS
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 24 [0], given: 6

Re: The evolution of your B-school pursuit [#permalink] New post 05 May 2009, 02:17
Excellenté, nink!
SVP
SVP
Schools: Yale SOM 2011 Alum, Kellogg, Booth, Tuck
WE 1: IB - Restructuring & Distressed M&A
Followers: 73

Kudos [?]: 688 [0], given: 548

Reviews Badge
Re: The evolution of your B-school pursuit [#permalink] New post 05 May 2009, 06:30
Raabend wrote:
2008- Fast forward: I just returned from my honeymoon and realized that my wife is kinda an expensive trophy so I need a better job (and I was unhappy in marketing so I wanted to switch to something a tad more analytical).

:lol: I am dying while laughing!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Affiliations: ACA, CPA
Schools: BC
WE 1: Big4, Audit
WE 2: Banking

Kudos [?]: 37 [0], given: 41

Re: The evolution of your B-school pursuit [#permalink] New post 05 May 2009, 15:13
Great motivational post!

scorpioguy wrote:
How has your B-school plan evolved? When did you decide to pursue this, what were you goals and have those changed, and of course the rotating decision on what schools and which is your top?

My bschool application journey has more in common to a Bollywood blockbuster -------TRIMMED----Thats my story and I am sticking to it.

If you have made mistakes, there is always another chance for you. You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down.

GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Schools: UC Berkeley Haas School of Business MBA 2010
WE 1: Social Gaming
Followers: 65

Kudos [?]: 338 [0], given: 14

Re: The evolution of your B-school pursuit [#permalink] New post 05 May 2009, 20:02
Raabend wrote:
Stanford and Haas would both be awesome BUT I am not a gambling man and my effort should be focused on reality. No regrets. Plus the Berkeley hippies freak me out.

Oh c'mon! What's there NOT to like about tree-sitting naked hippies? :P

Congrats on your decision and have a great time in b-school!

GMAT Club Knowledge Vault:
http://gmatclub.com/forum/123
Haas Ambassador
http://gmatclub.com/forum/128-t62555
Kryzak's Profile:
http://gmatclub.com/forum/111-t56286
Member Essays:
http://gmatclub.com/forum/103-t50969

CEO
CEO
Followers: 57

Kudos [?]: 443 [0], given: 210

Re: The evolution of your B-school pursuit [#permalink] New post 10 May 2009, 15:51
What poignant and touching posts. Superb stuff +1 Paradosso. Shame you are not coming to London. I guess the grass is always greener on the other side of the ocean.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Schools: Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010
Followers: 78

Kudos [?]: 701 [0], given: 5

Re: The evolution of your B-school pursuit [#permalink] New post 10 May 2009, 16:09
Paradosso wrote:
My regrets, if any, are not to be able to be in class with the people on here who are going to other schools I was accepted to. I actually feel guilty to current students like Riverripper, rhyme, Steel, MGOBLUE, who have been immesely helpful to and far beyond me. Trust me when I say that all you have helped me with stands as timeless advice. Your kindness has made a difference.

Glad to see you made your decision...sorry to see you aren't coming here but $$$ from Wharton is something hard to turn down. I know personally I am not here helping to help out Kellogg per se...sure that happens but one great thing about what this place has become is now we all have a network that extends well beyond our own school. I wish you the best of the luck and maybe in 10 years you will be a manager at some VC and I will come knocking on your door for seed money...you never know what might come about because of gmatclub in the future.

Kellogg Class of 2010...still active and willing to help. However, I do not do profile reviews, don't offer predictions on chances and am far to busy to review essays, so save the energy of writing me a PM seeking help for these. If I don't respond to a PM that is not one of the previously mentioned trash can destined messages, please don't take it personally I get so many messages I have a hard to responding to most. The more interesting, compelling, or humorous you message the more likely I am to respond.
Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Current Student
Schools: Wharton, LBS, UChicago, Kellogg MMM (Donald Jacobs Scholarship), Stanford, HBS
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 134 [0], given: 3

Re: The evolution of your B-school pursuit [#permalink] New post 11 May 2009, 01:54
I am actually positive, statistically speaking, that some GmatClub connection will prove directly useful also in our career endeavors to come, so that's spot on River.

My bad for not having included bsd_lover in the people to thank: though I believe European schools are not a fit for me, I believe they are for a whole lot of people here, and he's doing a wonderful job of promoting those, which are traditionally not so much spoken about here (I have to write something about the US-centric vision of US people, it's all bona fide but it's incredible how even very smart people* just equate US to the world at large). Plus his story is inspiring and comforting for those who struggle.

Last, I encourage other 09 applicants to share their stories: I found that writing mine* is as enjoyable as reading the past ones (and I liked them a lot). This thread is GC at its best.

* I almost never re-read in real time and I realize my writing above is largely obscure and disconnected. I apologize!
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Schools: UC Berkeley Haas School of Business MBA 2010
WE 1: Social Gaming
Followers: 65

Kudos [?]: 338 [0], given: 14

Re: The evolution of your B-school pursuit [#permalink] New post 11 May 2009, 21:18
It's so great to see all the new GC class in their dream schools and reflecting back on the journey. As we (the class of 2010) finish the last few weeks of our 1st year (for me, just 4 more days left), nostalgia is already setting in.

Best of luck with your new journeys. If my experience is any indication, you guys are in for one of the best times of your life!

GMAT Club Knowledge Vault:
http://gmatclub.com/forum/123
Haas Ambassador
http://gmatclub.com/forum/128-t62555
Kryzak's Profile:
http://gmatclub.com/forum/111-t56286
Member Essays:
http://gmatclub.com/forum/103-t50969

Current Student
Followers: 9

Kudos [?]: 89 [0], given: 3439

Re: The evolution of your B-school pursuit [#permalink] New post 19 Mar 2010, 07:38
Thank you for sharing your nuggets, ACNguy, and congrats on getting into Darden. Great post.
CEO
CEO

Re: The evolution of your B-school pursuit [#permalink] New post 03 Jun 2010, 09:39
thanks a lot ariel. Very well done.
CEO
CEO

Re: The evolution of your B-school pursuit [#permalink] New post 08 Jun 2010, 05:03
we need more stories in this thread!
Current Student
Schools: Ross Class of 2012

Kudos [?]: 45 [0], given: 20

Re: The evolution of your B-school pursuit [#permalink] New post 08 Jun 2010, 19:28
Praetorian wrote:
we need more stories in this thread!

Agreed, I think these are terrific reads and really do possess candid, valuable advice...come on folks, you know longer are putting together applications and we're in a dead period, post your stories :-D
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 10

Kudos [?]: 71 [0], given: 4

Re: The evolution of your B-school pursuit [#permalink] New post 10 Jun 2010, 01:18
This is an awesome thread, and I'll be sure to post to it in December-March, when I actually have news to give people and advice for those earlier in the process.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: The evolution of your B-school pursuit [#permalink] New post 10 Jun 2010, 04:57
Great story. Very inspiring. A lot of times you think that your past background may get in the way and it's frustrating, because you can't go back and change stuff. This is a major problem for people who had no plans for applying to an MBA program from the very beginning (undergrad school) and their career is just a different representation of their future goals. So thank you for sharing your experience and once again getting it out there that it's just a matter of how much you want to succeed - cause it's hard, but it's doable.
Intern
Intern
Schools: GSB, Haas, Kellogg, Anderson
WE 1: Design (4yrs)

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: The evolution of your B-school pursuit [#permalink] New post 14 Mar 2011, 18:05
First Post! I don't have a B-school pursuit to retell yet so I can fill in my own story as the process continues over the next several months. It's incredibly helpful to get a sense of the timing involved with each step.
Re: The evolution of your B-school pursuit   [#permalink] 14 Mar 2011, 18:05