Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 17 Sep 2014, 23:55

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

The Final Climb: Quest for Q 50+ from Q47/48

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
12 KUDOS received
Director
Director
GMAT 1: 620 Q49 V24
Followers: 60

Kudos [?]: 286 [12] , given: 264

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User Premium Member
The Final Climb: Quest for Q 50+ from Q47/48 [#permalink] New post 21 Mar 2012, 06:35
This post received
KUDOS
This post was
BOOKMARKED
Hi fellows,
The aim of starting this thread is to achieve the ultimate score( Q50+) in quant. For the next couple of months( test scheduled -may end), i will be instrumental in achieving my desired result.
So with this short preamble, i come to the meat of my subject.
This post will be helpful to those who are done with concept books( mgmat set of 5 books or other authors basic concept books) and who are scoring around 47/48 and want to raise the score to 50+.
I have started serious preparation of quant around 20 days prior( studying verbal, my waterloo, for last two months +) , i could score Q 47 in mgmat 1 and Q 48 in GMATPREP 1 without any practice. However, after about three weeks of serious quant practice(finished mgmat x 5 books and OG Quant), my quant score(took mgmat 2 yesterday) is stagnated at 47 :( . After having brainstorm and wargamed many strategies for a good quant score, I decided to start a thread in which we fellows will discuss the material, the correct approach and strategy and the progress. I will be posting the results of weekend CATs and my assessment.
Quant Material i look forward to in next two months :-
GMATCLUB Tests (Total-25, already taken 4,Getting around 28-33 correct, Great Qns)
Jeff Sackmann's challenge sets only( i think basic sets won't be required)
Jeff Sackmann's extreme challenge set
Bunnel's signatures
Time:- I can devote around 2-3 hrs on weekdays and 4-6 hrs on each weekends this month. Next month onwards, i will be able to devote around 4 hrs on weekdays and 8-10 on weekends.
Plan
1) Finish balance 21 gmatclub tests( one per day including review)( review error log every weekend)
2) Get done with Bunnel's signatures.
3) Finish Jeff Sackmann's eight sets( maintaining error log simultaneously) ( reviewing error log on weekends)
Though at the first sight , the plan may looks like an over-kill :) but then i have time to make sure that the desired result is achieved without any drop. Moreover, I can only put in best efforts once, probably don't have the will power for the second shot.

I want my fellows to post their opinion and those sailing in the same boat(47/48) may join this thread.
I would highly appreciate if high scorers and instructors can bisect my plan.

Fire the final bullet only when you are constantly hitting the Bull's eye, till then KEEP PRACTICING.

A WAY TO INCREASE FROM QUANT 35-40 TO 47 : a-way-to-increase-from-q35-40-to-q-138750.html

Q 47/48 To Q 50 + the-final-climb-quest-for-q-50-from-q47-129441.html#p1064367

Three good RC strategies three-different-strategies-for-attacking-rc-127287.html

Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
10 KUDOS received
Veritas Prep GMAT Instructor
Followers: 1111

Kudos [?]: 5044 [10] , given: 164

Re: The Final Climb: Quest for Q 50+ from Q47/48 [#permalink] New post 22 Mar 2012, 01:26
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
rajeevrks27 wrote:
Hi fellows,
The aim of starting this thread is to achieve the ultimate score( Q50+) in quant. For the next couple of months( test scheduled -may end), i will be instrumental in achieving my desired result.
So with this short preamble, i come to the meat of my subject.
This post will be helpful to those who are done with concept books( mgmat set of 5 books or other authors basic concept books) and who are scoring around 47/48 and want to raise the score to 50+.
I have started serious preparation of quant around 20 days prior( studying verbal, my waterloo, for last two months +) , i could score Q 47 in mgmat 1 and Q 48 in GMATPREP 1 without any practice. However, after about three weeks of serious quant practice(finished mgmat x 5 books and OG Quant), my quant score(took mgmat 2 yesterday) is stagnated at 47 :( . After having brainstorm and wargamed many strategies for a good quant score, I decided to start a thread in which we fellows will discuss the material, the correct approach and strategy and the progress. I will be posting the results of weekend CATs and my assessment.
Quant Material i look forward to in next two months :-
GMATCLUB Tests (Total-25, already taken 4,Getting around 28-33 correct, Great Qns)
Jeff Sackmann's challenge sets only( i think basic sets won't be required)
Jeff Sackmann's extreme challenge set
Bunnel's signatures
Time:- I can devote around 2-3 hrs on weekdays and 4-6 hrs on each weekends this month. Next month onwards, i will be able to devote around 4 hrs on weekdays and 8-10 on weekends.
Plan
1) Finish balance 21 gmatclub tests( one per day including review)( review error log every weekend)
2) Get done with Bunnel's signatures.
3) Finish Jeff Sackmann's eight sets( maintaining error log simultaneously) ( reviewing error log on weekends)
Though at the first sight , the plan may looks like an over-kill :) but then i have time to make sure that the desired result is achieved without any drop. Moreover, I can only put in best efforts once, probably don't have the will power for the second shot.

I want my fellows to post their opinion and those sailing in the same boat(47/48) may join this thread.
I would highly appreciate if high scorers and instructors can bisect my plan.

Unfortunately (or fortunately!), going from Q 48 to 51 involves work on conceptual clarity and timing strategies instead of just practice. You can solve any question of any level based on a particular concept if you understand that concept well. Also, I would suggest you to work on solving questions using logical methods which are faster and less prone to errors.
What do I mean by logical approach? Check out this post for an example: http://www.veritasprep.com/blog/2011/06 ... se-in-tsd/
If your concepts are very clear about how to manage these three together: Time, speed and distance, you can solve the question given in the post in under a minute. Else you might end up struggling for a while with equations. If you can manage to do a majority of questions in under a minute, you have the luxury of putting in even up to 5-7 mins in some really tricky questions (which you are bound to get to score 51) without affecting your score.

Let's all agree that you can pretty much solve all GMAT Quant questions if you are scoring 48. It is basically a game of time and nerves that makes you get 48 instead of 51. The logical approach helps you arrive at the answer without too many calculations and the "silly mistakes" reduce proportionally. Another important part of increasing your speed is memorizing multiplication tables (up to 20), cubes, squares etc so that you do not invest a second more than you have to.

Karishma
Veritas Prep | GMAT Instructor
My Blog

Save $100 on Veritas Prep GMAT Courses And Admissions Consulting
Enroll now. Pay later. Take advantage of Veritas Prep's flexible payment plan options.

Veritas Prep Reviews

Expert Post
4 KUDOS received

Kudos [?]: 5044 [4] , given: 164

Re: The Final Climb: Quest for Q 50+ from Q47/48 [#permalink] New post 23 Mar 2012, 18:15
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
rajeevrks27 wrote:
Hi karishma, I agree with you on the logical approach issue. I have been following this approach for most of the questions and have got rich dividends in terms of time(for extra hard/tricky questions) and high scores. Rather, i owe my first 48 and that too without any practice to this approach. Yes, i could do the question in less than a minute with the logical approach. One can only use it once the person is done with the concepts. However, after having revised most of the concepts(mgmat 5 books), the score is still hovering around 47/48. I could identify three reasons:-
1) By applying the logical approach, I was moving too fast(end up finishing quant of gmatprep, mgmat CATs and gmatclub tests with around 15 - 20 minutes left). This way, i was making far too many careless/silly errors. So now i decided to GO SLOW, i keep telling myself that i have to go slow....i hope the results will prove it's efficacy :wink: .
2) I was getting around one-third of the questions wrong in Geometry, so decided to study it again, master the concepts and do a lot of varying difficulty problems.
3) I also noticed my weakness in questions testing mixed concepts( generally 700+ level), so decided to do a lot of prac questions, thus making sure that the surprise factor is reduced by the time i appear for the actual CAT.
BTW, Do you think the OG 12 and OG quant have hard questions :?: I have my apprehensions about the same.I don't think it's worth spending time on something that one can easily do, rather i would love to do the problems that i have difficulty in and that teach me something new.

1. Logical approach doesn't lead to careless/silly errors. It involves very few calculations so the chances of error are reduced in fact. If you are making silly mistakes, you just need to back up a little. Double check whether logic is correct and when you get the answer think if it makes sense (e.g. if it is weighted average, is the average between the two numbers and near what you will expect with the given weights)
2. I like the Geometry book of Veritas. It is very comprehensive and covers every concept that could be tested on GMAT.
3. Many higher level questions will involve multiple concepts. OG12 and OG have very few "hard" questions (I remember 2-3) but the wording of the questions is similar to what you are going to see in the actual GMAT so it is a good idea to go through OG12 once.
The advanced word problems book of Veritas has high level questions (All are 700+, some are 750+, most are in the 45 - 49 range).
In my opinion, GMAT club tests also have a lot of high level questions. I have come across quite a few tricky questions which were from GMAT Club tests. You could ask bb about the break up of the level of the questions in the various tests.
You can also search for high level questions in GMAT Club using the tag of '700 level'.

Karishma
My Blog

Enroll now. Pay later. Take advantage of Veritas Prep's flexible payment plan options.

Veritas Prep Reviews

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V37
GMAT 2: 720 Q48 V40
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 65 [1] , given: 23

Re: The Final Climb: Quest for Q 50+ from Q47/48 [#permalink] New post 21 Mar 2012, 09:37
This post received
KUDOS
I'm in the same situation at the moment. My quant score on the last MGMAT CAT was a 48.

I'm working on Jeff Sackmann's sets at the moment, I think they are helpful and solidify most of the basics. I've finished the number properties, exponents & roots, statistics, geometry and arithmetic challenge sets and my skills on those topics seem to have improved. They are also great to detect weaknesses you still have. As you said maintaining an error log while going through all sets is crucial.
I plan to take the GMAT in about a month and up until then I will work on the areas in which I still have deficincies at the moment, try to work more attentively( take into account all the constraints, minimizing careless mistakes etc.), finish Sackmann's sets and then work through the GMAT club tests. Hopefully this will get me a 49 or 50 on the actual thing.

Good luck to you btw.
1 KUDOS received
Director
Director

Kudos [?]: 286 [1] , given: 264

Re: The Final Climb: Quest for Q 50+ from Q47/48 [#permalink] New post 24 Mar 2012, 22:21
This post received
KUDOS
@ udvranto, check out any post by Bunnel, his signatures are divided in two categories i.e Problem solving(PS) and Data Sufficiency(DS). These questions are simply too good. A must do to achieve high scores.

Fire the final bullet only when you are constantly hitting the Bull's eye, till then KEEP PRACTICING.

A WAY TO INCREASE FROM QUANT 35-40 TO 47 : a-way-to-increase-from-q35-40-to-q-138750.html

Three good RC strategies three-different-strategies-for-attacking-rc-127287.html

Expert Post
1 KUDOS received

Kudos [?]: 5044 [1] , given: 164

Re: The Final Climb: Quest for Q 50+ from Q47/48 [#permalink] New post 25 Mar 2012, 21:36
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
rajeevrks27 wrote:
VeritasPrepKarishma wrote:
Many higher level questions will involve multiple concepts. OG12 and OG have very few "hard" questions (I remember 2-3) but the wording of the questions is similar to what you are going to see in the actual GMAT so it is a good idea to go through OG12 once.

Hi Karishma, sincere thanks for your prompt reply and pearls of wisdom.
I would like to ask you one more question regarding what you wrote about mixed concepts. Since we are likely to see more of these questions in 700 + level, what would be ur take on such questions? Actually speaking, i am simply not able to connect the different concepts with each other. Is it due to my non-familarity with such questions or is it that the hit ratio with everybody in such questions is generally low.
Thanx and Regards
Rajeev

Yes, many people detest questions testing multiple concepts. But once you know your basics well, you will be surprised how you can use basics from one topic to solve questions from another and mix and match without any problems.

e.g. Weighted Average can be used in many question. Check this post for an example: http://www.veritasprep.com/blog/2011/04 ... ge-brutes/

Look at this post where I use sets in probability:
http://www.veritasprep.com/blog/2012/01 ... e-couples/
etc

If you faced problems with any particular question testing you on multiple concepts, put it up and pm me the link.

Karishma
My Blog

Veritas Prep Reviews

1 KUDOS received
Director
Director

Re: The Final Climb: Quest for Q 50+ from Q47/48 [#permalink] New post 27 Mar 2012, 09:09
This post received
KUDOS
Doing the gmat club tests and realising how tough they are. rather the level of toughness increases with the test number.
@ All my fellows, I have gone through the Jeff's set also but IMO the GMATCLUB Tests have the hardest 700 + level questions required to raise our level in quant. I strongly recommend them to all my fellows aspiring for the ultimate score in Quant. Since I am currently doing htese tests, so i thought it's my bonafied duty to give my opinion to all my fellows.
Good Luck and must do these tests. They are Gold.

Expert Post
1 KUDOS received

Kudos [?]: 5044 [1] , given: 164

Re: The Final Climb: Quest for Q 50+ from Q47/48 [#permalink] New post 30 Mar 2012, 02:55
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
vix wrote:

Having said that, can we have a collection of OG questions (numbers only) for DS and PS which are of the level of 700+? Can I roughly go through last 100-50 questions? Please tell.

The last 50-100 questions of OG are on average higher level but they do include lower level questions too. I think the latest OG (13th edition) has a better segregation (still not perfect) so if you can lay your hands on that (in case you don't have OG12 already), it might do you some good.

Karishma
My Blog

Veritas Prep Reviews

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Operations, General Management
Schools: IIMA
GMAT 1: 640 Q48 V29
GMAT 2: 670 Q49 V31
WE: Supply Chain Management (Military & Defense)
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 20 [1] , given: 5

Re: The Final Climb: Quest for Q 50+ from Q47/48 [#permalink] New post 30 Mar 2012, 18:06
This post received
KUDOS
hi,
1. Just dont do the tests. do revise concept of each question after the test whether you go got it wrong or right.
2. try to find a shorter way to solve the problem than you you did in quant set.(dont give too much fight to find solution... instead find solution on forum only).
3. all the best and i will call you up today.

lets start again

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager

Re: The Final Climb: Quest for Q 50+ from Q47/48 [#permalink] New post 31 Mar 2012, 08:36
This post received
KUDOS
I did my second MGMAT CAT yesterday and scored a 49 in the quant section. I had some timing issues, which caused me to skip some questions towards the end. Furthermore I made some silly mistakes again, it's kind of ironic that I commit those mistakes on the seemingly easiest calculation steps, I somehow tend to lose focus when the difficulty level drops. I still have yet to take the GMAT Club tests and hope that I have a little room for improvement left. How is your preperation going rajeevrks?
1 KUDOS received
Director
Director

Re: The Final Climb: Quest for Q 50+ from Q47/48 [#permalink] New post 31 Mar 2012, 09:14
This post received
KUDOS
Hi BN1989,
great to know one point improvement from mgmat 1, I am sure you will score 50/ 50+ in actual gmat.
prep is going fine, doing gmatclub tests regularly and then intend working on jeff sets( though i finished algebra set earlier). How would you rate the Jeff's sets?
Also, i would strongly recom you to do gmatclub tests esp after test no 5 , it's an uphill task to get 30 + correct. Good luck buddy.

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager

Re: The Final Climb: Quest for Q 50+ from Q47/48 [#permalink] New post 31 Mar 2012, 15:46
This post received
KUDOS
As I said I think Sackman's sets improved my quant skills, so I can't really complain, but I did notice some weird questions and his geometry drawings are pretty attrocious. Overall I'd say they might be a little too expensive for what they offer and you can probably get cheaper alternatives that yield similar results.
1 KUDOS received
Director
Director

Re: The Final Climb: Quest for Q 50+ from Q47/48 [#permalink] New post 13 Apr 2012, 22:07
This post received
KUDOS
Varun84 wrote:
rajeevrks27 wrote:
Doing the gmat club tests and realising how tough they are. rather the level of toughness increases with the test number.
@ All my fellows, I have gone through the Jeff's set also but IMO the GMATCLUB Tests have the hardest 700 + level questions required to raise our level in quant. I strongly recommend them to all my fellows aspiring for the ultimate score in Quant. Since I am currently doing htese tests, so i thought it's my bonafied duty to give my opinion to all my fellows.
Good Luck and must do these tests. They are Gold.

Hi rajeevrks... gr8 thread mate... really good tips & study plan to improve quant scores ... Regarding the gmatclub tests, I only have access to the free tests as I do not have many posts in this forum... So when you say that these tests are gr8 are you talking about the free tests or others? In case its the other tests (not the free ones) then I'll probably have to buy these as I really do need to improve my quant score as I could only score 48 on actual gmat the 1st time I gave the test. Don't wanna screw up again !

Thanx !

Hi Varun, Thanx mate. You can gain access to these tests by another ways if buying them is a problem. check out this link by bb
gmat-club-member-benefits-in-detail-120889.html
Also check out the signatures of Bunnel some very hard and good questions.

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager

Re: The Final Climb: Quest for Q 50+ from Q47/48 [#permalink] New post 17 Apr 2012, 23:40
This post received
KUDOS
skmskm wrote:
Hi All,

Gave gmatprep ystrday n Oooooo again a consistent Q46.

Analysis :of total 16 wrongs , 6 were sitters/ext silly mistakes.I cld have without even batting my eyelid reduced the no of mistakes to 2)
Conceptual mistakes ; 5-6 ( Freq Distribn , Median_ Mode Type , Mixture,); Rest it was time management that was taking a toll.

In the last 25 _ 37 series - got 7 wrong of which 4 were in a row - unpardonable mist n it was mainly due to poor time mgmt n had to rush thru the Q's.

WiLl revisit the conceptual errors n next for the MGMCAT series on which I am planning to dive from this weekend. Will try to manage time more effectively.

Strtegy : ist 15 in 40 mins ,16-24 in10 mins n last 12 in25.

Let's see hw things shape up.

Rgds Susmit

Posted from my mobile device Image

Good luck with your preperation, but please do us a favour and write without all those abbreviations, I find your posts very hard to read.
1 KUDOS received
Director
Director

Re: The Final Climb: Quest for Q 50+ from Q47/48 [#permalink] New post 28 Apr 2012, 22:33
This post received
KUDOS
BN1989 wrote:
I'd also appreciate some timing tips, if anybody has been through the same struggle.

You have to sacrifice ur ego while doing the test otherwise your result will be bad. If you will spend more than 3 minutes on a question, chances of doing that question correct are very bleak and even if you get it correct still you will put urself into a difficlut situation for the subsequent questions. As a rule, don't take more than 3 min on any question( that too an exceptional case otherwise not more than 2.30 min).

1 KUDOS received
Director
Director

Re: The Final Climb: Quest for Q 50+ from Q47/48 [#permalink] New post 03 May 2012, 08:13
This post received
KUDOS
hey slay3r,
welcome in buddy. We all are study buddies here. just helping each other to reach our ultimate goal.
Are you appearing for the first time or reappearing?
do post ur strategy if it differs from the one mention above.

1 KUDOS received
Director
Director

Re: The Final Climb: Quest for Q 50+ from Q47/48 [#permalink] New post 04 May 2012, 02:41
This post received
KUDOS
Ok Guys, I am back with some update. I am done with the mgmat advanced quant including the 15 Sets( 150 X 700+ level questions)given at the end of the book . A must do for those scoring around 45 + and want to take their score to 49/50. The book discusses some advanced tactics and strategies which are very useful esp for the difficult questions. I won't recommend the book to those having current level below 45.
Took a gmatclub quant test M07 to gauge my performance and got 32 correct out of 37( with two silly mistakes) Also took MGMAT CAT-3 and scored 50 ( 10 errors), Though the errors are more but the questions thrown were mostly 700+ level questions with some of them as difficult as mgmat challenge problems. The assessment sheet of the test shows a good thing that from question number 12 onwards, the percentile didn't drop beyond 92 %.
So, the conclusion is that the advanced book has given the much needed push from 48 to 50 in MGMAT CATs. i just hope it works for the actual exam also.
Will be doing the jeff challenge sets now and hopefully these advanced tactics will be useful there also.

1 KUDOS received
Director
Director

Re: The Final Climb: Quest for Q 50+ from Q47/48 [#permalink] New post 06 Jun 2012, 02:48
This post received
KUDOS
Ok guys, I was off from studies for some time and now I'm back with the committment that i will give the CAT in a month's time. Yesterday and today I gave two mGMAT CATs ( 4 and 5) and scored 50 and 51 respectively. In MGMAT 5 , the pool was throwing 600-700 level PS and 700- 800 level DS question probably beacuse i am good in PS and have already consumed all the questions in the previous CATs.
Now, I'm in two minds whether to go for the balance 15 gmatclub tests , last 50 questions of OG and 10 sets of Jeff( challenge ones) or to simply do the review of gmatclub tests that i have done so far and the last 50 questions of OG, leaaving the jeff sets totally. I'm very much comfortable with quant as of now, however, verbal still needs to be addressed more. I'm currently scoring around V- 40 in the last three MGMAT tests and i think still there is scope for improvement.
Any advise?

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
GPA: 1
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 6 [1] , given: 0

Re: The Final Climb: Quest for Q 50+ from Q47/48 [#permalink] New post 08 Jun 2012, 10:22
This post received
KUDOS
I don't really see the point of pushing 49 to 51. Time is better spent on improving verbal for a higher score. Verbal score has more weight in the overall
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
GMAT 1: 640 Q39 V38
WE: General Management (Real Estate)
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 26 [1] , given: 3

Re: The Final Climb: Quest for Q 50+ from Q47/48 [#permalink] New post 14 Jun 2012, 04:37
This post received
KUDOS
I feel the strategy being followed by you i.e. revising the problems which went wrong periodically is ok so long as you have understood the pattern, concept and logic of such problems. I also do the same but focus specifically on trap questions, where even if I know the concept, I might stumble. I focus on right questions too and try to find alternate methods to solve them as has been suggested by Ron Purewal in one of his posts.

Please refer to necromonger's post on such trap questions, for which Rajeev has provided link in one of his earlier posts.

Secondly, I feel number properties and modulus/inequalities are two of the most important topics on which you must have excellent control. Since you encounter more of DS questions at higher level and that too from these two specific areas, it is a must to have better control on them.

MGMAT advance maths and GMAT Club tests are certainly must have. GC tests because you are tested on different twists and turns in great detail and by doing them, you can have fairly good understanding on different concepts and GMAT subtleties. I have taken huge advantage of free test period recently and have become fan of these tests. Will buy them for a month (costs $30).

versatile wrote:
Hello,

The thread is so much interesting, can someone help me with my strategy to go from 45 to 49 in Quant

Test Date - 10th Aug
Target score - 49-50 in quant
Earlier Score - 45 in real GMAT and 44-46 in five MGMATs , almost 80% accuracy in the OG (DS+PS)

My analysis === Weaker in Number properties, get hit hard with geometry, co-ordinate geometry, probability and combinations. Take longer with word problems when the question is tougher (but get it right mostly). I think I am bad at DS (mainly because of strategies)

Now, resources i have are
1) MGMAT guides and advanced mgmat and OG
2) GMAT club tests (have taken first five tests - get almost 27/28 right :( , felt demotivated and stopped taking )
3) Grockit
4) Knewton (do not think its much of use )
5) Kaplan Qbanks ( sometimes i feel i have got too many .. don't know )

My confusion

1) Should i start retaking GMATclub tests again ? or do you think that i should first work again on my basics and then start doing gmatclub tests ?
2) I feel pathetic with co-ordinate geometry and geometry (for prob and combi - i have bought the veritas guide, i think i will be good with it)
3) do i require to buy Jeff's Quant collections (advanced one, i think i have enough material for basics)

Can someone please help, i feel too much confused as to what to do ? I do not have much problems with the timings (may be because i have a few weak areas mentioned above, so whenever i get problem from that area, i get a sense in 45 seconds, and if i think i am unable to solve the same, i make a guess and move on)

I need special insight on one approach that i am following, is it really worth ?

Whenever i take a gmatclub test, i analyse each and every question. While analyzing the questions , I keep two problems aside and prepare collection of these two types

1) the questions i get wrong
2) The questions that i think has better explanations

I revise these questions from time to time, my apprehension is that am i learning with this approach ? or i am just mugging up the same problems ?. I mean do you think if i study the same problem twice/thrice, does it help ?

Thanks very much your help in advance
Re: The Final Climb: Quest for Q 50+ from Q47/48   [#permalink] 14 Jun 2012, 04:37