Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 30 Aug 2014, 20:19

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

The Free GMATClub Test

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 2

GMAT ToolKit User
The Free GMATClub Test [#permalink] New post 17 Apr 2013, 05:50
Hi,

Has anyone around taken the GMATClub free test for Quant? I have always heard that these are tougher than the actual GMAT Math problems that you get in the GMAT, however, i am not of the same opinion. I would like few of you who have given this free one, to kindly let me know their respective scores so that I can know where do I stand realistically.

Regards,
Surya

One Last Shot

Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
VP
VP
Followers: 70

Kudos [?]: 442 [0], given: 450

Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: The Free GMATClub Test [#permalink] New post 17 Apr 2013, 06:42
surya167 wrote:
I have always heard that these are tougher than the actual GMAT Math problems that you get in the GMAT, however, i am not of the same opinion.

GC quant test's difficulty level is a couple of notches higher than the real GMAT. If you don't feel so - well, good for you. You should rather work on your verbal then.

My Debrief | MBA Timeline - New! Stay on top of deadlines, receive recommendations for each stage, get reminders.

Manager
Manager

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: The Free GMATClub Test [#permalink] New post 17 Apr 2013, 06:50
jumsumtak wrote:
surya167 wrote:
I have always heard that these are tougher than the actual GMAT Math problems that you get in the GMAT, however, i am not of the same opinion.

GC quant test's difficulty level is a couple of notches higher than the real GMAT. If you don't feel so - well, good for you. You should rather work on your verbal then.

Hi Jumsutak,

I certainly dont feel so and hence posted the question. I am in no way trying to boast my score or anything remotely related to it. I wanted to understand from people who have taken the ClubTests (The free one) if they had a similar experience.
I have taken Kaplan and Manhattan diagnostic test and for that matter even Gprep and certainly didnt score too well in Quant.

Here are the quant scores and you would know what I am talking about:

Gmatclub Score - 51
Manhattan - 41
Kaplan - 42
Gprep - 44

Any advise is welcome :)

Regards,
Surya

One Last Shot

VP
VP
Followers: 70

Kudos [?]: 442 [0], given: 450

Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: The Free GMATClub Test [#permalink] New post 17 Apr 2013, 07:17
I'll give my 2 cents till someone comes in and shares his/her score.

Gprep-44 shows that you have some work to do on quant. That is the best indicator if there ever was one.
My suggestion is - don't try to map out your performances from different tests. The practice tests are for you to see what areas you are lacking in, can you perform well under timed conditions etc. It is important to know whether you have improved over the past few weeks, but try not to convert 1 test score into another or find other people's test scores for every test you take.

I know this is easier said than done and frankly, easier to say in hindsight. But, that is how it is. And for the record, I found GC quant tests to be really good - because they helped me identify areas where I needed to concentrate and not because I was scoring too good/bad on them.

My Debrief | MBA Timeline - New! Stay on top of deadlines, receive recommendations for each stage, get reminders.

Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2235

Kudos [?]: 8408 [1] , given: 3646

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: The Free GMATClub Test [#permalink] New post 17 Apr 2013, 10:54
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
Just to add a small but important point to the discussion: the free test is not adaptive and the scoring on that is not ideal.

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 680 Q45 V38
GMAT 2: 690 Q47 V38
GPA: 3.69

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 2

CAT Tests
Re: The Free GMATClub Test [#permalink] New post 17 Apr 2013, 13:11
Surya,

I had the same issue as you in terms of the free test. My average quant score on MGMAT was in the 43-44 range and on GMAT Prep, I was scoring around 47. However, when I took the free GMAT Club quant portion, I scored a 51!!!

Although I scored a 51, I still felt the questions were overall decent, and I had a feeling it was a little inflated, so I tried not to put too much stock into the score itself.

I still plan to purchase the GMAT club tests and use them to bump up my quant for my re-take.
Manager
Manager

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: The Free GMATClub Test [#permalink] New post 18 Apr 2013, 03:01
vaj18psu wrote:
Surya,

I had the same issue as you in terms of the free test. My average quant score on MGMAT was in the 43-44 range and on GMAT Prep, I was scoring around 47. However, when I took the free GMAT Club quant portion, I scored a 51!!!

Although I scored a 51, I still felt the questions were overall decent, and I had a feeling it was a little inflated, so I tried not to put too much stock into the score itself.

I still plan to purchase the GMAT club tests and use them to bump up my quant for my re-take.

Thank you all for your responses. This has certainly helped me :)

BB, thanks to you too for letting us know that the free one is non-adaptive. I have already bought the pack, so would be now more comfortable in taking the remaining.

One Last Shot

Re: The Free GMATClub Test   [#permalink] 18 Apr 2013, 03:01