Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 16 Apr 2014, 05:24

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

The Job Market for MBAs is About to Take a Hit

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT Date: 10-15-2013
GPA: 3.53
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 3

The Job Market for MBAs is About to Take a Hit [#permalink] New post 22 Nov 2013, 13:27
This is an article by Harvard Business Review which talks about MBA job market.

http://blogs.hbr.org/2013/11/the-job-market-for-mbas-is-about-to-take-a-hit/

share your thoughts on the article plz :-D

لا الله الا الله, محمد رسول الله

You never fail until you stop trying ,,,

Current Student
Concentration: Healthcare
Schools: Duke '15 (M)
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 2

Re: The Job Market for MBAs is About to Take a Hit [#permalink] New post 05 Dec 2013, 05:22
Aldossari wrote:

I did a lot of research on this back when I applied and my advice is to not focus too much on the entire MBA job market, but on the individual career stats of the programs that you're interested in. There's a lot of variability between programs (not so much between top programs) for one. There can be, however, a lot of variability in the types of firms that recruit on each individual campus.

Two, the entire job market when combined makes it look like an "average" firm. But when recruiting, it is important that we will be recruiting for each individual firm.

From Bench to Board: My experience with the Duke MBA and on the transition to biopharma

Follow @StevenMaBio on Twitter

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 4

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: The Job Market for MBAs is About to Take a Hit [#permalink] New post 08 Dec 2013, 10:35
Also, a lot can change in 2 years
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT Date: 10-15-2013
GPA: 3.53

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 3

Re: The Job Market for MBAs is About to Take a Hit [#permalink] New post 08 Dec 2013, 11:14
stevenfuqua wrote:
Aldossari wrote:

I did a lot of research on this back when I applied and my advice is to not focus too much on the entire MBA job market, but on the individual career stats of the programs that you're interested in. There's a lot of variability between programs (not so much between top programs) for one. There can be, however, a lot of variability in the types of firms that recruit on each individual campus.

Two, the entire job market when combined makes it look like an "average" firm. But when recruiting, it is important that we will be recruiting for each individual firm.

great points! but I think the problem with MBA job market is that today there are so many schools offering MBA programs which produce tons of MBAs every year. Getting an MBA becomes a waste unless you attend a top ranked business school such as Harvard, Stanford, MIT, and UC Berkeley

لا الله الا الله, محمد رسول الله

You never fail until you stop trying ,,,

Re: The Job Market for MBAs is About to Take a Hit   [#permalink] 08 Dec 2013, 11:14