Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Aug 2014, 21:57

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

The last week before the test.

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
CEO
CEO
Followers: 16

Kudos [?]: 183 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
The last week before the test. [#permalink] New post 09 Sep 2007, 17:33
I have my GMAT in 3weeks. I have planned out some things to do for the next two weeks.

3MGMAT CATs. Review problems, error log, quick review of all MGMAT books. Idioms review, etc... and of course GMATclub.

But what about the week before the test? I have heard taking a test 1 week b/f can be counterproductive. Ok, so what should I practice then?

Thanks.
Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount Codes
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: The last week before the test. [#permalink] New post 09 Sep 2007, 18:36
GMATBLACKBELT wrote:
I have my GMAT in 3weeks. I have planned out some things to do for the next two weeks.

3MGMAT CATs. Review problems, error log, quick review of all MGMAT books. Idioms review, etc... and of course GMATclub.

But what about the week before the test? I have heard taking a test 1 week b/f can be counterproductive. Ok, so what should I practice then?

Thanks.

Take all these advices with a pinch of salt. I dont plan to write any test for 2 days before the exam to conserve energy. But I want to be totally spent by that time.

I plan to take 4 MGMAT, 2 ARCO, 2 GMATPrep in the next 10 days. lol :(
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Schools: UC Berkeley Haas School of Business MBA 2010
WE 1: Social Gaming
Followers: 64

Kudos [?]: 333 [0], given: 14

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 09 Sep 2007, 21:21
it really depends on how you function. some people can take test till the night before, others (like me) started doing worse and worse on tests even though my hit rate on practice questions were getting better and better.

If your practice test scores are getting lower for no reason, then you should stop taking tests at least 3-4 days before the actual test, and spend the last few days reviewing your error log. If you're doing better and better with every test, then by all means take your final prep test a couple days in advance and review your errors the last day. :)
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 09 Sep 2007, 23:31
GMATBLACKBELT as a newbie here I am not the proper person to give you advice on your question. Just eat well and sleep well the day before the exam :) I wish you all the best for the test anyway.
CEO
CEO
Followers: 16

Kudos [?]: 183 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 10 Sep 2007, 10:07
thanks guys. i was gunna review my error log for the next 3 weeks, but Hard drive fried... all that work of plugging in those problems and now I dont get to use it. :(

ima just have to wing it. I tried starting a new error log, but its kinda pointless now b/c ive seen almost all the OG probs. There are a few here and there I havent done, but i dont know which ones since the error log is gone.

owell
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Schools: UC Berkeley Haas School of Business MBA 2010
WE 1: Social Gaming
Followers: 64

Kudos [?]: 333 [0], given: 14

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 10 Sep 2007, 12:39
I run everything off my flash drive nowadays.. it's worth investing in one!
Manager
Manager
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 11 Sep 2007, 08:18
I am on my last few days (test is this Saturday 9/15). I have been taking mostly practice tests and reviewing verbal.

I personally don't think I should take it easy and not do anything this week. For me, I like to keep my mind sharp and used to the types of problems that come up on the test.

On Friday I will do some light review for an hour or two but overall rest a bit and try to get to bed early.

RVD.

p.s. BJ Penn is awesome. That guy could fight an entire match hopping around on one leg if he wanted to.
CEO
CEO
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 213 [0], given: 4

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 11 Sep 2007, 12:58
kryzak wrote:
I run everything off my flash drive nowadays.. it's worth investing in one!

yup. i also forward a copy to my work email and my personal email just in case Word/Excel crashes. I must have about 80 revisions of the same file.
  [#permalink] 11 Sep 2007, 12:58