Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 19:14 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 19:14

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Concentration: General Management
Schools:LBS, INSEAD, IMD
 Q47  V44
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Schools:LBS '11
Send PM
Current Student
Send PM
Re: The London Business School 2009 thread [#permalink]
And good luck to the MiM candidates for your interviews! Hope we all get to meet up in London soon!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
For MBA seekers - do you guys feel that the MiM program might make the job hunt even more challenging? Or would the MiM class be viewed as more entry level?
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 1682 [0]
Given Kudos: 210
Send PM
Not in the least. the MiM crowd will look for a different type of role to what the MBA crowd will seek. You wont see MiMs heading to Associate roles, but more to Analyst type roles.

getmeouttahere wrote:
For MBA seekers - do you guys feel that the MiM program might make the job hunt even more challenging? Or would the MiM class be viewed as more entry level?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi,

I applied for R3, and also started working as an Associate at a VC fund last month (with an understanding that if admitted to LBS, they'd let me go to the school). I have highlighted the details of this rather strange pre-mba move in my essays.

My application references come from previous employer. I understand that this fund has had LBS students in the past for their 2nd year projects and the partners have indicated that they could write references for me. Given that its been only a month for me at this fund, does it make any sense for me to send additional references? Has anyone on this forum sent exta references?

Thoughts/opinions will be much appreciated.

Many thanks.
SVP
SVP
Send PM
apshma - this is important information. I would DEFINITELY provide this information in form of an update email. Be tactful in your wording, and do send this info.

Good luck.

apshma wrote:
Hi,

I applied for R3, and also started working as an Associate at a VC fund last month (with an understanding that if admitted to LBS, they'd let me go to the school). I have highlighted the details of this rather strange pre-mba move in my essays.

My application references come from previous employer. I understand that this fund has had LBS students in the past for their 2nd year projects and the partners have indicated that they could write references for me. Given that its been only a month for me at this fund, does it make any sense for me to send additional references? Has anyone on this forum sent exta references?

Thoughts/opinions will be much appreciated.

Many thanks.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
bsd_lover wrote:
apshma - this is important information. I would DEFINITELY provide this information in form of an update email. Be tactful in your wording, and do send this info.

Good luck.

Thanks bsd_lover. In my application essay, I had already mentioned about this fund. My question was about the additional reference from the partners of this firm. Thanks.
SVP
SVP
Send PM
It depends. I'd provide the extra recommendation only if the partner provides something new and substantial. For instance if the partner deals with LBS students very often and can put your capabilities in context with other LBS students (in a good way of course), then the reference may be useful. Similarly, if the partner is an LBS alum and can see you as an outstanding LBS contributor, his/her reference may be useful.

But, if your existing references already provide this kind of info, I wouldn't worry.

apshma wrote:
bsd_lover wrote:

Good luck.

Thanks bsd_lover. In my application essay, I had already mentioned about this fund. My question was about the additional reference from the partners of this firm. Thanks.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 149 [0]
Send PM
good luck to R2 guys!!!!!!!!!!!
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management
Schools:LBS, INSEAD, IMD
 Q47  V44
Send PM
prashok wrote:
Elderas wrote:
Question: I have not received any confirmation email or something similar. Is this normal? Is the only notification the DING or Interview Invite email?

Hi Elderas! Did you receive the "MBA Application Confirmation" email from mba.apply@london.edu after you submitted? If so, then there is nothing else you will receive before the interview decision date, other than another email confirmation for "Application Fee Payment."

If you hadn't received the MBA application confirmation, I would probably check with the office.

Hi, I received the two emails. Thanks.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Did anyone receive an email from LBS? Someone claims to have got one on the BW forum
Intern
Intern
Send PM
It looks like there was some clown over there just making it up. Doesn't seem like there are many (if any) offers yet. Try to relax until tomorrow. Good luck!
SVP
SVP
Send PM
jrl3, sumitshah - are you two R2 applicants ? I'll add you to the main list on page 1.

Best of luck.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I am. Interview invite on Feb 12. Interviewed early March. Based in US.
SVP
SVP
Send PM
jrl3 wrote:
I am. Interview invite on Feb 12. Interviewed early March. Based in US.

Thanks mate I just updated your info on page 1. In the LBS portal, I can see that 212 admits have been made so far (deferred from last year + R1), so, keeping in mind that the new class size is 390 and that a few student wont accept their admits, LBS might offer up to 250 more admits. Plenty of spots, one might have your name on it :)
Current Student
Send PM
Good luck everyone!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Any decisions out there? I'm still waiting.
SVP
SVP
Send PM
#of Admits on the portal has gone up to 214. So, I dont think they've contacted the admits yet.

jrl3 wrote:
Any decisions out there? I'm still waiting.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26  ...  29   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts