Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Sep 2014, 20:48

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

The London Business School 2011 Thread

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 22 Oct 2010
Posts: 24
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: The London Business School 2011 Thread [#permalink] New post 22 Oct 2010, 10:34
No. I just logged in to double check and they do not ask for the GMAT report at any point. Maybe they asked you for it because they did not receive the official report. I am not sure really.

By the way, did any of you get any confirmation email from the school saying that your application is complete and under review? Does LBS typically send confirmation emails?
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 16 Jun 2010
Posts: 75
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 3

Re: The London Business School 2011 Thread [#permalink] New post 22 Oct 2010, 10:45
fleurdelisse wrote:
No. I just logged in to double check and they do not ask for the GMAT report at any point. Maybe they asked you for it because they did not receive the official report. I am not sure really.

By the way, did any of you get any confirmation email from the school saying that your application is complete and under review? Does LBS typically send confirmation emails?


I got three e-mails, aside from the e-mail regarding my missing GMAT report. The first was acknowledging receipt of my application, then the second and third to let me know my recommendations had been submitted. I have not received any e-mails updating my status though.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 17 Jun 2010
Posts: 43
Schools: Haas (Admitted /w $$$), Anderson (Admitted), LBS (Waitlist), MIT (ding), Stanford (ding), HBS (ding)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 1

Reviews Badge
Re: The London Business School 2011 Thread [#permalink] New post 23 Oct 2010, 09:30
fleurdelisse wrote:
No. I just logged in to double check and they do not ask for the GMAT report at any point. Maybe they asked you for it because they did not receive the official report. I am not sure really.

By the way, did any of you get any confirmation email from the school saying that your application is complete and under review? Does LBS typically send confirmation emails?


I got the same three confirmation emails - one from each recommender submission and the application complete emails.

As for the GMAT, I also logged in to check this to ensure I didn't miss it. Yes, they don't ask for a copy of the GMAT report on the online form, just manually entered scores.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 23 Jun 2010
Posts: 110
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 27

Re: The London Business School 2011 Thread [#permalink] New post 24 Oct 2010, 11:01
I apologize if the question seems simplistic, but I'm not entirely familiar with the British educational qualification nomenclature. I took some courses at a community college and transferred between schools, but only received a single undergraduate degree from one school. Should I therefore list only the degree-granting institution under "qualifications," and upload transcripts for all schools under "transcripts," or should I include every school attended under the "qualifications" heading?

Thanks!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Affiliations: ICAI, CIMA
Joined: 28 Mar 2010
Posts: 30
Location: Chennai
Schools: INSEAD, LBS, ISB and......
WE 1: N.C.Rajagopal & Co, Chartered Accountants
WE 2: NCR Consultants Limited
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 1

Re: The London Business School 2011 Thread [#permalink] New post 24 Oct 2010, 23:41
hey Guys...

i have a doubt... Does LBS send the interview decisions thru email or will they post it in their website accessible thru our login id..???
Intern
Intern
avatar
Affiliations: ICAI, CIMA
Joined: 28 Mar 2010
Posts: 30
Location: Chennai
Schools: INSEAD, LBS, ISB and......
WE 1: N.C.Rajagopal & Co, Chartered Accountants
WE 2: NCR Consultants Limited
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 1

Re: The London Business School 2011 Thread [#permalink] New post 24 Oct 2010, 23:43
skahuh wrote:
I apologize if the question seems simplistic, but I'm not entirely familiar with the British educational qualification nomenclature. I took some courses at a community college and transferred between schools, but only received a single undergraduate degree from one school. Should I therefore list only the degree-granting institution under "qualifications," and upload transcripts for all schools under "transcripts," or should I include every school attended under the "qualifications" heading?

Thanks!



hey Skahuh,

u better contact the LBS for clarifications so that u can be confident of what u r doing.. the email id is apply.mba@london.edu
CEO
CEO
User avatar
Joined: 17 May 2007
Posts: 2995
Followers: 56

Kudos [?]: 435 [0], given: 210

GMAT Tests User
Re: The London Business School 2011 Thread [#permalink] New post 25 Oct 2010, 01:10
Historically via e-mail. Although I hear they have a new application system these days.

vspradeep2002 wrote:
hey Guys...

i have a doubt... Does LBS send the interview decisions thru email or will they post it in their website accessible thru our login id..???

_________________

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 17 Jun 2008
Posts: 129
Location: Greater London, UK
Schools: INSEAD Class of J'12
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 5

Re: The London Business School 2011 Thread [#permalink] New post 25 Oct 2010, 02:35
vspradeep2002 wrote:
hey Guys...

i have a doubt... Does LBS send the interview decisions thru email or will they post it in their website accessible thru our login id..???



They send it by e-mail after 1700 GMT on the deadline.. the later you get e-mail from LBS the better.. dings start flowing out earlier... this is what I can make out from last years' forum..
Intern
Intern
avatar
Affiliations: ICAI, CIMA
Joined: 28 Mar 2010
Posts: 30
Location: Chennai
Schools: INSEAD, LBS, ISB and......
WE 1: N.C.Rajagopal & Co, Chartered Accountants
WE 2: NCR Consultants Limited
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 1

Re: The London Business School 2011 Thread [#permalink] New post 25 Oct 2010, 04:24
cpandya14 wrote:
vspradeep2002 wrote:
hey Guys...

i have a doubt... Does LBS send the interview decisions thru email or will they post it in their website accessible thru our login id..???



They send it by e-mail after 1700 GMT on the deadline.. the later you get e-mail from LBS the better.. dings start flowing out earlier... this is what I can make out from last years' forum..


Life gets interesting (actually bit scary) awaiting the results... Lol :-)
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 14 Oct 2010
Posts: 108
Location: USA
Schools: HBS(R1) ding, Wharton(R1) invite, INSEAD(R1)invite, LBS(R1)invite
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 5

Re: The London Business School 2011 Thread [#permalink] New post 27 Oct 2010, 12:12
vspradeep2002 wrote:
cpandya14 wrote:
vspradeep2002 wrote:
hey Guys...

i have a doubt... Does LBS send the interview decisions thru email or will they post it in their website accessible thru our login id..???



They send it by e-mail after 1700 GMT on the deadline.. the later you get e-mail from LBS the better.. dings start flowing out earlier... this is what I can make out from last years' forum..


Life gets interesting (actually bit scary) awaiting the results... Lol :-)

I guess no updates until 5 November... looong wait :( :x
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 21 Jan 2010
Posts: 46
WE 1: Banking
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [1] , given: 4

Re: The London Business School 2011 Thread [#permalink] New post 27 Oct 2010, 17:57
1
This post received
KUDOS
hey for all those confused on submitting a scanned copy of the gmat score report...it is NOT reqd...

i gt a mail as well asking for a copy, but it had to do with the fact tht they were unable to access my official score report thru gmac (for wtever reason)...so nowhre on the system does it ask u to submit a copy..but in case they do not receive/access ur official score report - then they will get in touch with you for a scanned copy
Intern
Intern
avatar
Affiliations: ICAI, CIMA
Joined: 28 Mar 2010
Posts: 30
Location: Chennai
Schools: INSEAD, LBS, ISB and......
WE 1: N.C.Rajagopal & Co, Chartered Accountants
WE 2: NCR Consultants Limited
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 1

Re: The London Business School 2011 Thread [#permalink] New post 27 Oct 2010, 20:52
usmbaquest wrote:
hey for all those confused on submitting a scanned copy of the gmat score report...it is NOT reqd...

i gt a mail as well asking for a copy, but it had to do with the fact tht they were unable to access my official score report thru gmac (for wtever reason)...so nowhre on the system does it ask u to submit a copy..but in case they do not receive/access ur official score report - then they will get in touch with you for a scanned copy



thanks...
Intern
Intern
avatar
Affiliations: ICAI, CIMA
Joined: 28 Mar 2010
Posts: 30
Location: Chennai
Schools: INSEAD, LBS, ISB and......
WE 1: N.C.Rajagopal & Co, Chartered Accountants
WE 2: NCR Consultants Limited
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 1

Re: The London Business School 2011 Thread [#permalink] New post 27 Oct 2010, 21:36
somewhere i read that 1/3rd of the seats will be filled in the round 1.. i.e. 130 seats..

any guesstimate abt the number of the applicants for this round..???
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 02 Feb 2010
Posts: 246
Schools: Stern '13
Followers: 8

Kudos [?]: 42 [0], given: 16

GMAT Tests User
Re: The London Business School 2011 Thread [#permalink] New post 28 Oct 2010, 07:02
There cannot be too many, considering they released the application form way too late in the process. I can tell you 10 different reasons why someone would delay their applications to the second round because of the initial release date. Additionally, I went for an info session in New York, and of the 10 or so people that I spoke with, I was the only one who submitted his application for Round 1. Though a small sample, that kind of glimpses the numbers I think. If they actually are committed to filling up that many spots in the first round, that should be to our advantage.
_________________

Like the response? Kudos it!

Intern
Intern
avatar
Affiliations: ICAI, CIMA
Joined: 28 Mar 2010
Posts: 30
Location: Chennai
Schools: INSEAD, LBS, ISB and......
WE 1: N.C.Rajagopal & Co, Chartered Accountants
WE 2: NCR Consultants Limited
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 1

Re: The London Business School 2011 Thread [#permalink] New post 28 Oct 2010, 07:35
cwhs wrote:
There cannot be too many, considering they released the application form way too late in the process. I can tell you 10 different reasons why someone would delay their applications to the second round because of the initial release date. Additionally, I went for an info session in New York, and of the 10 or so people that I spoke with, I was the only one who submitted his application for Round 1. Though a small sample, that kind of glimpses the numbers I think. If they actually are committed to filling up that many spots in the first round, that should be to our advantage.



let keep our fingers crossed... hope everything goes fine for all..

actually i read this blog and posted on the thread that approximately 1/3rd seats will be filled... check this out..

http://mbajourney2010.blogspot.com/2010 ... apply.html
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 07 Apr 2010
Posts: 496
Schools: Wharton/Lauder Class of 2013
WE 1: Big Four Advisory
Followers: 23

Kudos [?]: 192 [0], given: 38

GMAT Tests User
Re: The London Business School 2011 Thread [#permalink] New post 28 Oct 2010, 18:38
I seriously scrambled to get my app in for R1. I only had one other school submitted for R1 and I wanted to get two in at minimum so I made sure to pull through with LBS. Hopefully it works out although I'm worried I didn't spend enough time on my essays.. oh well.. one week to go!
_________________

GMAT Guide: 10-critical-factors-to-beat-the-gmat-106790.html

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 20 Oct 2010
Posts: 121
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 4

Re: The London Business School 2011 Thread [#permalink] New post 28 Oct 2010, 20:00
Count me in for R1 as well.. I am a reapp (last applied in 2008)..
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 29 Oct 2010
Posts: 5
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: The London Business School 2011 Thread [#permalink] New post 29 Oct 2010, 01:30
I have also applied for R1, eagerly waiting the interview decision next week.


LBS is my first and only choice, fingers crossed. Good luck to all other applicants, hopefully I will see you all at LBS next year.

Last edited by vbux on 04 Nov 2010, 10:19, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Affiliations: ICAI, CIMA
Joined: 28 Mar 2010
Posts: 30
Location: Chennai
Schools: INSEAD, LBS, ISB and......
WE 1: N.C.Rajagopal & Co, Chartered Accountants
WE 2: NCR Consultants Limited
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 1

Re: The London Business School 2011 Thread [#permalink] New post 29 Oct 2010, 01:32
vbux wrote:
I have also applied for R1, eagerly waiting the interview decision next week.

Here is my profile:
23 years /Male/ Hong Kong
Undergrad + Masters: Civil Engineering, Imperial College London
Total Work Ex: 2 years, Running my own division within the family business umbrella, I am leading a housing development project in Hong Kong
GMAT: 710

LBS is my first and only choice, fingers crossed. Good luck to all other applicants, hopefully I will see you all at LBS next year.


sure buddy...
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 12 Jul 2010
Posts: 3
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: The London Business School 2011 Thread [#permalink] New post 29 Oct 2010, 05:01
Hi
I too have applied for the R1 at LBS. Also applied to Said and INSEAD.
Got dinged by Said last night. :(

Though I should be mentally prepared for a ding, keeping my profile and the ding from Said.

My profile is as follows-
24 years /Male/ India

Undergrad: Medicine, University of Mauritius (5 years of international exposure)
Total Work Ex: <3 years by Sept 2011, working as a medical officer.
Extra curricular: About average
GMAT: 630

Comments invited.
Re: The London Business School 2011 Thread   [#permalink] 29 Oct 2010, 05:01
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
2 London Business School 2011 Waitlist Embeayy 181 21 Dec 2010, 14:26
28 LONDON BUSINESS SCHOOL MASTERS IN MANAGEMENT 2011 MJ2009 466 03 Sep 2009, 12:43
127 Experts publish their posts in the topic The London Business School 2010 thread pmenon 1314 25 May 2009, 10:27
39 Experts publish their posts in the topic The London Business School 2009 thread bsd_lover 560 25 Sep 2008, 02:27
Display posts from previous: Sort by

The London Business School 2011 Thread

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  7   8   9   10   11   12   13  ...  68    Next  [ 1343 posts ] 



cron

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.