Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 15 Sep 2014, 19:10

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

The London Business School 2011 Thread

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Manager
Manager
Schools: Admitted: IESE($$),HEC, RSM,Esade
WE 1: 3.5 years international
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 62 [0], given: 18

GMAT Tests User
Re: The London Business School 2011 Thread [#permalink] New post 05 Oct 2010, 08:47
bsd_lover wrote:
LBS is not especially focused on academics - the average age reflects the importance of work experience. Although the ad-com may never admit it on record, I personally feel that they would prefer a work recommendation.

shekharvineet wrote:
bsd_lover wrote:
you will need to provide strong rationale for why Executive MBA is more suitable for you. EMBA is more for advanced stage professionals with over 10 years WE.

Hi bsd, could you tell me how LBS reacts if I provide them with an academic recommendation instead of both work related recommendation. The reason I want one acad reco is because I am at very good terms with my former professor who happens to be the director of international affairs currently in one of the top private engineering college in my country.

When you say that LBS is not especially focused on academics, then can I take it for granted that my average undergrad cgpa would not create a barrier provided that I smash the Gmat (700+), and write stellar essays.
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: The London Business School 2011 Thread [#permalink] New post 05 Oct 2010, 11:10
Just hit the submit button for R1....................
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: ICAI, CIMA
Schools: INSEAD, LBS, ISB and......
WE 1: N.C.Rajagopal & Co, Chartered Accountants
WE 2: NCR Consultants Limited

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 1

Re: The London Business School 2011 Thread [#permalink] New post 05 Oct 2010, 11:22
hi guys.. submitted my application... hope everything goes on well..
CEO
CEO
Followers: 55

Kudos [?]: 434 [0], given: 210

GMAT Tests User
Re: The London Business School 2011 Thread [#permalink] New post 05 Oct 2010, 15:03
Well no you can't take this for granted either. Its a matter of "relative" importance. If undergraduate grades were an issue and if there were exinuating circumstances, do write an essay describing this.
shekharvineet wrote:
When you say that LBS is not especially focused on academics, then can I take it for granted that my average undergrad cgpa would not create a barrier provided that I smash the Gmat (700+), and write stellar essays.

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: The London Business School 2011 Thread [#permalink] New post 05 Oct 2010, 22:04
Application is submitted. Maybe second time's the charm, because there certainly won't be a third time...
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 3

Re: The London Business School 2011 Thread [#permalink] New post 05 Oct 2010, 22:41
For all of you who have applied in consecutive years, to any program, you're insane.

Applying to business school is a pretty intense process. I'm now 1/3 of the way through my apps and see why they say you get better over time. MBA apps are a skill, that is certain.

Anyway, best of luck to all my fellow LBS Round 1 candidates
Brad
Intern
Intern
WE 1: Banking

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 4

Re: The London Business School 2011 Thread [#permalink] New post 06 Oct 2010, 02:14
count me in for R1!

M/Indian/720/5 yrs of WE by 2011/I-banking looking to go into i-banking

Gd luck all!
Manager
Manager

Re: The London Business School 2011 Thread [#permalink] New post 06 Oct 2010, 10:48
In case anyone needs to get fired up! (...for the long cold interview wait)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3seqUa4ztrQ

ps-stole this from one of bsd's old posts
Manager
Manager
Schools: Kellogg R1 (waitlist), LBS R1 (waitlist), Ivey+$$$
WE 1: Program Management / Marketing / Technology Integration

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 5

Re: The London Business School 2011 Thread [#permalink] New post 06 Oct 2010, 10:59
I had a nightmare last night that I accidently copied & pasted another school's essays into the LBS online application :shock: :shock: :shock:

Can Nov 5th get here already.
Manager
Manager

Re: The London Business School 2011 Thread [#permalink] New post 06 Oct 2010, 11:10
Embeayy wrote:
I had a nightmare last night that I accidently copied & pasted another school's essays into the LBS online application :shock: :shock: :shock:

Can Nov 5th get here already.

Wow, that is scary. I had a dream I was being bitten by three giant (like 2-foot) hairy spiders. I accidentally hit my wife in the head fighting them off.

Got stress?

haha, I just checked a dream interpretation website and it says seeing spiders in dreams indicates that a situation in your life is sucking the life out of you. Wonderful
Current Student
Schools: Wharton/Lauder Class of 2013
WE 1: Big Four Advisory
Followers: 23

Kudos [?]: 192 [0], given: 38

GMAT Tests User
Re: The London Business School 2011 Thread [#permalink] New post 06 Oct 2010, 11:56
Intern
Intern
Schools: R1: London [accepted], MIT [dinged], Cancelled: Columbia, Wharton, NYU, IESE
WE 1: R&D Mgmt

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: The London Business School 2011 Thread [#permalink] New post 06 Oct 2010, 12:16
Also submitted for R1. Good luck everyone!

Has anyone found recent, trustworthy info about what the admit %, admit #, yield %, application #, estimates are for each round (probably based off of last year)? As in, how much of an advantage we may have by being R1 over R2?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 35 [0], given: 26

GMAT Tests User
Re: The London Business School 2011 Thread [#permalink] New post 06 Oct 2010, 13:21
I will apply for R2.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
GMAT Date: 10-22-2011
GPA: 3
WE: Information Technology (Internet and New Media)
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 12

Re: The London Business School 2011 Thread [#permalink] New post 06 Oct 2010, 13:55
Hi all,

I have a 6 year background in Business Intelligence, which for those of you who don't know much about it is quite technical and IT orientated, but also has exposure to business metrics, KPI's, interviewing senior managers, understanding and analysing company business models, producing valuable reports for management etc...

I really want to ace my GMAT which I will be taking in December, with an aim to applying in R2 to LBS.

Does anyone think I have much of a chance at all of getting in, considering my technical IT background... I have a fair bit of international experience now too btw, having worked in Australia, Malta and the UK.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 35 [0], given: 26

GMAT Tests User
Re: The London Business School 2011 Thread [#permalink] New post 07 Oct 2010, 00:46
Everybody has a different story, and everybody has his or her chance.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V46
GPA: 3.2
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
Followers: 18

Kudos [?]: 28 [0], given: 20

GMAT Tests User Reviews Badge
Re: The London Business School 2011 Thread [#permalink] New post 07 Oct 2010, 01:11
TechPMtoCorpFin wrote:
Also submitted for R1. Good luck everyone!

Has anyone found recent, trustworthy info about what the admit %, admit #, yield %, application #, estimates are for each round (probably based off of last year)? As in, how much of an advantage we may have by being R1 over R2?

tmino's blog is a useful resource but I do not know how recent the data is. The link is there in this thread itself.
Intern
Intern

Re: The London Business School 2011 Thread [#permalink] New post 10 Oct 2010, 21:12
n2739178 wrote:
Hi all,

I have a 6 year background in Business Intelligence, which for those of you who don't know much about it is quite technical and IT orientated, but also has exposure to business metrics, KPI's, interviewing senior managers, understanding and analysing company business models, producing valuable reports for management etc...

I really want to ace my GMAT which I will be taking in December, with an aim to applying in R2 to LBS.

Does anyone think I have much of a chance at all of getting in, considering my technical IT background... I have a fair bit of international experience now too btw, having worked in Australia, Malta and the UK.

Hi..

Everyone has a chance but it all depends on how u position yourself in your essays... Also start working on your essays as it will require a lot of time to position yourself different from others.. This difference is what matters..

all the best..
Manager
Manager
Concentration: General Management
Schools: Rotman (A), NUS (S)
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V44

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Re: The London Business School 2011 Thread [#permalink] New post 12 Oct 2010, 09:52
There seems to be something wrong in the online application. I had submitted my app on 4th October. When I log on to the London Business School website, I see the status as submitted and there is a link to view the application. However, if I click on the name of my referee , a new page opens and there is a link "Application Form" on the left hand side. If I click on that link, it takes me to my application and I can edit my already submitted application. I am surprised to see this and now when I click on the "Application Status" link it says that al my pages are incomplete. However from the application home page I can view my application. But its strange that even after submitting my app, I can make changes to it.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V46
GPA: 3.2
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
Followers: 18

Kudos [?]: 28 [0], given: 20

GMAT Tests User Reviews Badge
Re: The London Business School 2011 Thread [#permalink] New post 12 Oct 2010, 20:09
You should report it!
Intern
Intern

Re: The London Business School 2011 Thread [#permalink] New post 13 Oct 2010, 23:41
sachintendua wrote:
There seems to be something wrong in the online application. I had submitted my app on 4th October. When I log on to the London Business School website, I see the status as submitted and there is a link to view the application. However, if I click on the name of my referee , a new page opens and there is a link "Application Form" on the left hand side. If I click on that link, it takes me to my application and I can edit my already submitted application. I am surprised to see this and now when I click on the "Application Status" link it says that al my pages are incomplete. However from the application home page I can view my application. But its strange that even after submitting my app, I can make changes to it.

its the same with me... there should be nothing to worry about...
Re: The London Business School 2011 Thread   [#permalink] 13 Oct 2010, 23:41