Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 19 Sep 2014, 13:58

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

The Most Comprehensive Collection Of Everything Official-SC

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Expert Post
BSchool Forum Moderator
Followers: 80

Kudos [?]: 528 [0], given: 105

Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: The Most Comprehensive Collection Of Everything Official-SC [#permalink] New post 07 Dec 2012, 09:42
Expert's post
souvik101990 wrote:
souvik101990, substituting classes with counter strike tournaments, resulted in his failure in the semester.
this doesnt make sense does it?
souvik101990 can be responsible for his failure but cannot actually result in the failure.
subtle wordplay to make "meaning" questions on the GMAT.

hi Souvik,
I can understand the approach you're telling here but I'm still confused over the fact that are we not considering the sense of 'being' understood here..? If so, not able to convince myself with the reason behind it.

could you please help me out..!

UPDATED : e-GMAT SC Resources-Consolidated || ALL RC Resources-Consolidated || ALL SC Resources-Consolidated || UPDATED : AWA compilations-109 Analysis of Argument Essays || NEW !!! GMAC's IR Prep Tool

GMAT Club guide - OG 11-12-13 || Veritas Blog || Manhattan GMAT Blog

KUDOS please, if you like the post or if it helps :-)

Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
MBA Section Director
GPA: 3.8
WE: Marketing (Energy and Utilities)
Followers: 656

Kudos [?]: 2806 [0], given: 882

Re: The Most Comprehensive Collection Of Everything Official-SC [#permalink] New post 07 Dec 2012, 09:46
Expert's post
Even if being is understood here, it doesn't make sense
The stinger itself is not resulting anything
But the fact that it is something results in something else.
Similar to...
The chef resulted into the awesome food. WRONG
The chef's cooking resulted into the awesome food. RIGHT.

Does this help the point I am trying to make?

My GMAT Resources
V30-V40: How to do it! | GMATPrep SC | GMATPrep CR | GMATPrep RC | Critical Reasoning Megathread | CR: Numbers and Statistics | CR: Weaken | CR: Strengthen | CR: Assumption | SC: Modifier | SC: Meaning | SC: SV Agreement | RC: Primary Purpose | PS/DS: Numbers and Inequalities | PS/DS: Combinatorics and Coordinates

My MBA Resources
Everything about the MBA Application | Over-Represented MBA woes | Fit Vs Rankings | Low GPA: What you can do | Letter of Recommendation: The Guide | Indian B Schools accepting GMAT score | Why MBA?

My Reviews
Veritas Prep Live Online

Expert Post
BSchool Forum Moderator
Followers: 80

Kudos [?]: 528 [0], given: 105

Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: The Most Comprehensive Collection Of Everything Official-SC [#permalink] New post 07 Dec 2012, 20:09
Expert's post
souvik101990 wrote:
Even if being is understood here, it doesn't make sense
The stinger itself is not resulting anything
But the fact that it is something results in something else.
Similar to...
The chef resulted into the awesome food. WRONG
The chef's cooking resulted into the awesome food. RIGHT.

Does this help the point I am trying to make?

Ah! It's clear to me now..really was a tough one rather confusing one for me at least..:)

Thanks a lot Souvik for your continuous support and help...I

UPDATED : e-GMAT SC Resources-Consolidated || ALL RC Resources-Consolidated || ALL SC Resources-Consolidated || UPDATED : AWA compilations-109 Analysis of Argument Essays || NEW !!! GMAC's IR Prep Tool

GMAT Club guide - OG 11-12-13 || Veritas Blog || Manhattan GMAT Blog

KUDOS please, if you like the post or if it helps :-)

Director
Director
Schools: University of Chicago, Wharton School
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 44 [0], given: 7

GMAT Tests User
Re: The Most Comprehensive Collection Of Everything Official-SC [#permalink] New post 16 Mar 2013, 21:30
souvik101990 wrote:
As the honeybee’s stinger is heavily barbed, staying where it is inserted, this results in the act of stinging causing the bee to sustain a fatal injury.

(A) As the honeybee’s stinger is heavily barbed, staying where it is inserted, this results in the act of stinging causing
(B) As the heavily barbed stinger of the honeybee stays where it is inserted, with the result that the act of stinging causes
(C) The honeybee’s stinger, heavily barbed and staying where it is inserted, results in the fact that the act of stinging causes
(D) The heavily barbed stinger of the honeybee stays where it is inserted, and results in the act of stinging causing
(E) The honeybee’s stinger is heavily barbed and stays where it is inserted, with the result that the act of stinging causes

[Reveal] Spoiler:
OA E
[/textarea]

Not an easy one between D and E.

Agree with E, better than D though not an ideal one..
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V33
WE: Consulting (Telecommunications)
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 26 [0], given: 75

Re: The Most Comprehensive Collection Of Everything Official-SC [#permalink] New post 02 Apr 2013, 21:48
Hi

I downloaded the pdf but it is blank.
Can some one post the pdf again.

Thanks

YOU CAN, IF YOU THINK YOU CAN

Intern
Intern
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 21

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: The Most Comprehensive Collection Of Everything Official-SC [#permalink] New post 27 May 2013, 23:48
Hi souvik101990,

I am giving my GMAT (first attempt) 1 month from now. You have mentioned to practice it in the last leg.
Practicing these 170 questions shall not give me an added advantage by helping understand how strong are my basics?
Please suggest.

Also guide me on which GMAT mocks are the best in market to buy.

-- Omkar Kulkarni
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 11

Reviews Badge
Re: The Most Comprehensive Collection Of Everything Official-SC [#permalink] New post 28 May 2013, 23:01
Well Souvik, it is certainly great to see all the required official questions uploaded by you, however, I am not able to download it online. Can you please help me in this.

Thanks
Amit

'The best way to thank or appreciate efforts on this forum is to give Kudos.'

Manager
Manager
GPA: 3.95
WE: Supply Chain Management (Other)
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 42 [0], given: 8

Re: The Most Comprehensive Collection Of Everything Official-SC [#permalink] New post 18 Jun 2013, 04:36
This is great..Thanks man!
Cheers.

Cheers!

+1 Kudos if you like my post! :-D

Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GPA: 3.1
WE: Project Management (Energy and Utilities)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 17

Re: The Most Comprehensive Collection Of Everything Official-SC [#permalink] New post 11 Aug 2013, 05:47
souvik101990 wrote:
souvik101990, substituting classes with counter strike tournaments, resulted in his failure in the semester.
this doesnt make sense does it?
souvik101990 can be responsible for his failure but cannot actually result in the failure.
subtle wordplay to make "meaning" questions on the GMAT.

Hey Souvik!!!

Any idea whether this is better than SC 1000. I have completed OG 13,12 and 10 and I am looking for some more problems to practice.

KUDOS if you find it good!!

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: The Most Comprehensive Collection Of Everything Official-SC [#permalink] New post 26 Aug 2013, 11:53
Hey, does anyone have the detailed solution for this set ?
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 7

Re: The Most Comprehensive Collection Of Everything Official-SC [#permalink] New post 03 Sep 2013, 10:53
Is it possible to get these files in word document?
I want to print it out and save some paper.

Cant edit the pdf version, it it was .doc, I can remove the extra space and reduce the paper.

Thanks,
Intern
Intern

Re: The Most Comprehensive Collection Of Everything Official-SC [#permalink] New post 09 Oct 2013, 01:22
Hi souvik,

Why is the pdf divided in 3 parts,Is there anything based on which you have classified the pdf in 3 parts.
Also wanted to ask if this is strictly GMAT Prep or also contains Qs from GMAT Prep Question Bank 1
Intern
Intern

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: The Most Comprehensive Collection Of Everything Official-SC [#permalink] New post 11 Oct 2013, 02:53
Hey great work thanks.

But I couldn't find answer key to part I. Am I missing something?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: International Business, Entrepreneurship
GMAT Date: 11-14-2013
GPA: 4
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 2

Re: The Most Comprehensive Collection Of Everything Official-SC [#permalink] New post 11 Oct 2013, 23:47
Hi Souvik,

This is great! Have you prepared a similar Comprehensive collection for Math too (Problem Solving & Data
Sufficiency) ?
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: The Most Comprehensive Collection Of Everything Official-SC [#permalink] New post 21 Oct 2013, 08:14
do you ahve full solutions with these?

thanks!
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V39
GPA: 3.81
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 19

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: The Most Comprehensive Collection Of Everything Official-SC [#permalink] New post 17 Nov 2013, 14:09
Hi Souvik,

Thanks for the collection. I am guessing all the three 'Most Comprehensive Collection of everything official' packs- CR, SC, RC do not have questions from the GMATPrep Exam Pack, which was released in Sept 2013. Please confirm. I want to use the 3 collections as practice material and use the exam pack towards the end to gauge my final score.

If my post was helpful, please give kudos to help me unlock GMATClub test. Thank you!

Intern
Intern

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: The Most Comprehensive Collection Of Everything Official-SC [#permalink] New post 24 Nov 2013, 06:35
Hello, thank for the comprehensive guide. In question 13 the word 'unlike' shouldn't be highlighted .
br,
elmouj
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, International Business
GMAT 1: 650 Q48 V31
WE: Information Technology (Telecommunications)

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 13

Re: The Most Comprehensive Collection Of Everything Official-SC [#permalink] New post 24 Nov 2013, 09:02
Could you please confirm if this document has questions from "GMATPrep® Exam Pack 1" ?

I have already taken both the tests of free GMAT Prep software but haven't appeared for GMATPrep® Exam Pack 1. I would like to make sure that I am not running into "GMATPrep® Exam Pack 1" questions before appearing for those tests.

I have the same question regarding comprehensive RC & CR pdfs as well

Thanks
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 9

Re: The Most Comprehensive Collection Of Everything Official-SC [#permalink] New post 28 Nov 2013, 00:35
Phoenix22 wrote:
Could you please confirm if this document has questions from "GMATPrep® Exam Pack 1" ?

I have already taken both the tests of free GMAT Prep software but haven't appeared for GMATPrep® Exam Pack 1. I would like to make sure that I am not running into "GMATPrep® Exam Pack 1" questions before appearing for those tests.

Thanks

Please refrain from doing the material attached in the thread before giving Exam Pack 1... (Atleast for SCs) Most of the SC in the Exam Pack are repeat of the material in the thread :( (about 90%)
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 9

Re: The Most Comprehensive Collection Of Everything Official-SC [#permalink] New post 28 Nov 2013, 00:36
Phoenix22 wrote:

Thanks

Please refrain from doing the material attached in the thread before giving Exam Pack 1... (Atleast for SCs) Most of the SC in the Exam Pack are repeat of the material in the thread :( (about 90%)

@souvik101990 - as you mentioned that the questions are compilation of GMATprep softwares (which all softwares??)
Because GMAC is claiming that these are all new questions but almost 90% SCs are repeat
Re: The Most Comprehensive Collection Of Everything Official-SC   [#permalink] 28 Nov 2013, 00:36