Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 25 Oct 2014, 03:44

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

The Most Comprehensive Collection Of Everything Official-SC

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, International Business
GMAT 1: 650 Q48 V31
WE: Information Technology (Telecommunications)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 13

Re: The Most Comprehensive Collection Of Everything Official-SC [#permalink] New post 28 Nov 2013, 04:48
Quote:
Please refrain from doing the material attached in the thread before giving Exam Pack 1... (Atleast for SCs) Most of the SC in the Exam Pack are repeat of the material in the thread :( (about 90%)

@souvik101990 - as you mentioned that the questions are compilation of GMATprep softwares (which all softwares??)
Because GMAC is claiming that these are all new questions but almost 90% SCs are repeat

Your reply is contradicting :shock: .... First you said it has questions from Exam Pack1 and then you are asking the same to souvik101990 .

This question Bank was prepared before the launch of exam pack 1, so my assumption is that it will not have exam pack questions. but I wanted to confirm it from the makers of this question bank itself :)
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 9

Re: The Most Comprehensive Collection Of Everything Official-SC [#permalink] New post 28 Nov 2013, 09:41
Phoenix22 wrote:
Quote:
Please refrain from doing the material attached in the thread before giving Exam Pack 1... (Atleast for SCs) Most of the SC in the Exam Pack are repeat of the material in the thread :( (about 90%)

@souvik101990 - as you mentioned that the questions are compilation of GMATprep softwares (which all softwares??)
Because GMAC is claiming that these are all new questions but almost 90% SCs are repeat

Your reply is contradicting :shock: .... First you said it has questions from Exam Pack1 and then you are asking the same to souvik101990 .

This question Bank was prepared before the launch of exam pack 1, so my assumption is that it will not have exam pack questions. but I wanted to confirm it from the makers of this question bank itself :)

Yes, exactly the question bank was prepared well before launch of exam pack. But the exam pack (which GMAC claims as all new questions) has many repeats. Hence I asked souvik which softwares did he use to compile these questions.. (paper based tests, etc??)
Current Student
GMAT 1: Q V
GMAT 2: Q V0
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 9

Re: The Most Comprehensive Collection Of Everything Official-SC [#permalink] New post 18 Dec 2013, 18:36
This document is very useful. I wonder if there is a similar collection of official Quant questions
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: The Most Comprehensive Collection Of Everything Official-SC [#permalink] New post 22 May 2014, 14:56
wheres the answer key ?? can I have the link to that?
Expert Post
Followers: 312

Kudos [?]: 2622 [0], given: 697

Re: The Most Comprehensive Collection Of Everything Official-SC [#permalink] New post 23 May 2014, 02:49
Expert's post
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 18

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: The Most Comprehensive Collection Of Everything Official-SC [#permalink] New post 05 Jul 2014, 04:54
-I am very skeptical on the source of some of these questions .Are these truly all from GMAT prep?

-I got 66% of these questions right. Although I did get the questions towards the end 80% right.
Is this good? Is this bad? I'm hoping for a 700. Must I spend some more time on SC?

Kudos my back and I Kudos your back

Expert Post
MBA Section Director
GPA: 3.8
WE: Marketing (Energy and Utilities)
Followers: 691

Kudos [?]: 3049 [0], given: 890

Re: The Most Comprehensive Collection Of Everything Official-SC [#permalink] New post 05 Jul 2014, 11:34
Expert's post
amenon55 wrote:
-I am very skeptical on the source of some of these questions .Are these truly all from GMAT prep?

-I got 66% of these questions right. Although I did get the questions towards the end 80% right.
Is this good? Is this bad? I'm hoping for a 700. Must I spend some more time on SC?

1. They are retired GMAT questions. Some of them are from GMAT Prep, and some are from the old OGs
    2. SC accuracy, in my opinion, is not a true measure of your expected GMAT score. I would concentrate more on specific skills that the questions test. For example, after reviewing a bunch of SV agreement questions, has your accuracy improved greatly? If not, I would probably work on the reviewing skills.

My GMAT Resources
V30-V40: How to do it! | GMATPrep SC | GMATPrep CR | GMATPrep RC | Critical Reasoning Megathread | CR: Numbers and Statistics | CR: Weaken | CR: Strengthen | CR: Assumption | SC: Modifier | SC: Meaning | SC: SV Agreement | RC: Primary Purpose | PS/DS: Numbers and Inequalities | PS/DS: Combinatorics and Coordinates

My MBA Resources
Everything about the MBA Application | Over-Represented MBA woes | Fit Vs Rankings | Low GPA: What you can do | Letter of Recommendation: The Guide | Indian B Schools accepting GMAT score | Why MBA?

My Reviews
Veritas Prep Live Online

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 23 [0], given: 21

The Most Comprehensive Collection Of Everything Official-SC [#permalink] New post 17 Jul 2014, 04:03
souvik101990 wrote:

The Most Comprehensive Collection Of Everything Official- Verbal

Hello All. This attachment below is the most gigantic collection of official questions ever made.
It includes:

Basically its a complete collection of ALL gmatprep questions of all the softwares! This includes the latest gmatprep: so use it in the final leg of your prep.
This set contains the hardest meaning based questions the GMAT ever made- a lot of those questions are currently not available on our GMATPREP verbal documents.
An example of these new meaning based questions is

As the honeybee’s stinger is heavily barbed, staying where it is inserted, this results in the act of stinging causing the bee to sustain a fatal injury.

(A) As the honeybee’s stinger is heavily barbed, staying where it is inserted, this results in the act of stinging causing
(B) As the heavily barbed stinger of the honeybee stays where it is inserted, with the result that the act of stinging causes
(C) The honeybee’s stinger, heavily barbed and staying where it is inserted, results in the fact that the act of stinging causes
(D) The heavily barbed stinger of the honeybee stays where it is inserted, and results in the act of stinging causing
(E) The honeybee’s stinger is heavily barbed and stays where it is inserted, with the result that the act of stinging causes

[Reveal] Spoiler:
OA E

And the best news is: This collection also comes with an answer key, yet I would highly recommend googling each questions and reviewing thoroughly using "expert replies".

I would strongly recommend reviewing at least 50% of these questions to develop a "GMAT ear" and get a hang of what the GMAT likes and doesn't like.
Thank you!

!
Do not attempt these if you have not covered/used up the CAT's in the GMAT Prep software yet. Otherwise, you will get repeat questions and your score estimate will not be accurate

Tried multiple times but the PDFs don't work properly now. The don't show up the text at all. If the show it is bits and pieces. May be compatibility issue or may be something else. Request you to recreate and post the pdf again. (using adobe acrobat 8 standard)

need them asap as test date coming close :)

This will be the greatest help received at GMAT Club :D
Kudos in advance.

-Sameer
Press Kudos if the post helped

Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Followers: 312

Kudos [?]: 2622 [1] , given: 697

The Most Comprehensive Collection Of Everything Official-SC [#permalink] New post 17 Jul 2014, 04:23
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
sameer_kalra wrote:
souvik101990 wrote:

Hello All. This attachment below is the most gigantic collection of official questions ever made.
It includes:

Basically its a complete collection of ALL gmatprep questions of all the softwares! This includes the latest gmatprep: so use it in the final leg of your prep.
This set contains the hardest meaning based questions the GMAT ever made- a lot of those questions are currently not available on our GMATPREP verbal documents.

As the honeybee’s stinger is heavily barbed, staying where it is inserted, this results in the act of stinging causing the bee to sustain a fatal injury.

(A) As the honeybee’s stinger is heavily barbed, staying where it is inserted, this results in the act of stinging causing
(B) As the heavily barbed stinger of the honeybee stays where it is inserted, with the result that the act of stinging causes
(C) The honeybee’s stinger, heavily barbed and staying where it is inserted, results in the fact that the act of stinging causes
(D) The heavily barbed stinger of the honeybee stays where it is inserted, and results in the act of stinging causing
(E) The honeybee’s stinger is heavily barbed and stays where it is inserted, with the result that the act of stinging causes

[Reveal] Spoiler:
OA E

And the best news is: This collection also comes with an answer key, yet I would highly recommend googling each questions and reviewing thoroughly using "expert replies".

I would strongly recommend reviewing at least 50% of these questions to develop a "GMAT ear" and get a hang of what the GMAT likes and doesn't like.
Thank you!

!
Do not attempt these if you have not covered/used up the CAT's in the GMAT Prep software yet. Otherwise, you will get repeat questions and your score estimate will not be accurate

Tried multiple times but the PDFs don't work properly now. The don't show up the text at all. If the show it is bits and pieces. May be compatibility issue or may be something else. Request you to recreate and post the pdf again. (using adobe acrobat 8 standard)

Kudos in advance.

could you tell me what file doen't work so i can fix it

try this in the meantime http://www.tracker-software.com/product/downloads

I have tried right now and the files work properly

thanks

COLLECTION OF QUESTIONS
Quant: 1. Bunuel Signature Collection - The Next Generation 2. Bunuel Signature Collection ALL-IN-ONE WITH SOLUTIONS 3. Veritas Prep Blog PDF Version
Verbal:1. Best EXTERNAL resources to tackle the GMAT Verbal Section 2. e-GMAT's ALL CR topics-Consolidated 3. New Critical Reasoning question bank by carcass 4. Meaning/Clarity SC Question Bank by Carcass_Souvik 5. e-GMAT's ALL SC topics-Consolidated-2nd Edition 6. The best reading to improve Reading Comprehension 7.Verbal question bank and Directories

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 23 [0], given: 21

Re: The Most Comprehensive Collection Of Everything Official-SC [#permalink] New post 19 Jul 2014, 10:19
carcass wrote:
sameer_kalra wrote:
souvik101990 wrote:

It includes:

[Reveal] Spoiler:
OA E

Thank you!

!

Kudos in advance.

could you tell me what file doen't work so i can fix it

try this in the meantime http://www.tracker-software.com/product/downloads

I have tried right now and the files work properly

thanks

Working perfectly with this software. Thanks :)

-Sameer
Press Kudos if the post helped

Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: Q V0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 7

Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: The Most Comprehensive Collection Of Everything Official-SC [#permalink] New post 26 Jul 2014, 09:24
I have already attempted GMATprep tests 1&2. Do you think I can practice these questions before attempting GMAT Exam Pack 1? My GMAT exam is next week
Verbal Forum Moderator
Verbal Forum Moderator
GPA: 3.51
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Followers: 44

Kudos [?]: 413 [0], given: 210

The Most Comprehensive Collection Of Everything Official-SC [#permalink] New post 27 Jul 2014, 13:35
I observed that few questions are from unofficial sources in this pdf. Even few questions are from GWD paper test or old obsolete official sources, such as question no 63: refer discussion between instructors on http://www.beatthegmat.com/new-items-de ... 80042.html
Why I am not getting GMAT typessss ;) feeling ?

Piyush K
-----------------------
Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is to try just one more time. ― Thomas A. Edison
Don't forget to press--> Kudos :)
My Articles: 1. WOULD: when to use? | 2. All GMATPrep RCs (New)
Tip: Before exam a week earlier don't forget to exhaust all gmatprep problems specially for "sentence correction".

Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Social Entrepreneurship
GPA: 2.8

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 63

Premium Member
Re: The Most Comprehensive Collection Of Everything Official-SC [#permalink] New post 22 Aug 2014, 11:54
Souvik,
Can you please update the problem number 131 ? The last two choices of this problem begin with "includes" rather than "include". This is actually Q67 OG 13.

Consider KUDOS if my post helped :)

Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Social Entrepreneurship
GPA: 2.8

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 63

Premium Member
Re: The Most Comprehensive Collection Of Everything Official-SC [#permalink] New post 22 Aug 2014, 11:55
Souvik,
Can you please share the method of collecting these problems ?

Thanks
Tarun

Consider KUDOS if my post helped :)

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 33

CAT Tests
Re: The Most Comprehensive Collection Of Everything Official-SC [#permalink] New post 20 Sep 2014, 05:27
Hi Souvik,

Do this collection contain questions from GMAT-Prep both question pack and exam pack1 or either of them. Thanks. If you can reply.
Expert Post
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2326

Kudos [?]: 9459 [0], given: 3702

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: The Most Comprehensive Collection Of Everything Official-SC [#permalink] New post 20 Sep 2014, 07:42
Expert's post
I do not think so since this post pre dates the release of those products.

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 33

CAT Tests
Re: The Most Comprehensive Collection Of Everything Official-SC [#permalink] New post 20 Sep 2014, 08:40
bb wrote:
I do not think so since this post pre dates the release of those products.

Thanks Big Brother, not Orwellian though. :)
Re: The Most Comprehensive Collection Of Everything Official-SC   [#permalink] 20 Sep 2014, 08:40