Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 29 Aug 2014, 22:47

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

The One Thing You Wish You Knew - GMAT Club Contest!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
1 KUDOS received
CEO
CEO
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
Schools: ISB '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V31
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V35
Followers: 177

Kudos [?]: 930 [1] , given: 235

GMAT Tests User Reviews Badge
Re: The One Thing You Wish You Knew - GMAT Club Contest! [#permalink] New post 20 Oct 2012, 00:35
This post received
KUDOS
I wish I had 750 already in my first attempt. My retake would have been very smooth !!

Fight for your dreams :For all those who fear from Verbal- lets give it a fight

Money Saved is the Money Earned :)

Jo Bole So Nihaal , Sat Shri Akaal

:thanks Support GMAT Club by putting a GMAT Club badge on your blog/Facebook :thanks

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Gmat test review :
670-to-710-a-long-journey-without-destination-still-happy-141642.html

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 680 Q50 V32
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 55 [0], given: 13

GMAT Tests User
Re: The One Thing You Wish You Knew - GMAT Club Contest! [#permalink] New post 20 Oct 2012, 03:23
The one thing I wish I knew :

RC is THE MOST IMPORTANT SECTION on the GMAT for non-natives (at least me). It takes significantly more time to improve and also leads to significantly greater score and pay off if you work on it. At the same time its the section where you lose most of your score in as well because if you don't comprehend a passage completely you lose multiple questions in a streak.

However, when I started preparing for it, I always saw several threads complain about SC. SC is by far the easiest section to improve on.
1 KUDOS received
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 680 Q50 V32
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 55 [1] , given: 13

GMAT Tests User
Re: The One Thing You Wish You Knew - GMAT Club Contest! [#permalink] New post 20 Oct 2012, 04:05
This post received
KUDOS
Another entry:
One thing I wish I knew

I found that, on any GMAT Forum, its key to understand the perspective of the person posting the answer. So much of GMAT Preparation and takeaways from sites has to be put to perspective in the learning process. E.g. A non-native speaker has to be extremely careful to distill only the information that is useful for his preparation when he goes through a native speaker’s review of products, answers and exam review. I think one of the reasons why Ron from MGMAT is so good is he is able to cater his answers to any particular demographic and that just makes understanding problems so much easier.
Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
SVP
SVP
Affiliations: HEC
Concentration: Economics, Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V44
Followers: 85

Kudos [?]: 478 [1] , given: 431

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: The One Thing You Wish You Knew - GMAT Club Contest! [#permalink] New post 20 Oct 2012, 06:07
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
And that concludes the contest! I would like to thank all the contestants for their participation. Good job, everyone! :)

Since the contest is now over, this thread is now locked. The winners will be chosen shortly and listed in the first post of this thread. A PM will also be sent to the winners informing them of their placement.

Thanks again!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Re: The One Thing You Wish You Knew - GMAT Club Contest!   [#permalink] 20 Oct 2012, 06:07