Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 02 Sep 2014, 11:05

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

The Pain of Waiting.. Oh, the Agony.. of the R2 decisions!!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Current Student
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 36 [0], given: 0

The Pain of Waiting.. Oh, the Agony.. of the R2 decisions!! [#permalink] New post 15 Mar 2008, 04:37
Well, nothing could beat this. I don't know how long I could take this any longer. I'm *supposedly* having a holiday in one of the coolest cities in the world (and it's a Saturday night), yet, I'm in my hotel lobby not moving, and repeatedly checking out the forums & my e-mail. I'm such a big loser.

I can't wait for the decisions to come. What to do??? How can I get my mind off this thing.

And you R1-ers are talking about the last day of work, etc. For us R2ers, we're not even sure if we're going to school this year! :evil:

Oh well, lucky for me I have GMATClub where I can vent out :lol:

http://missmba.blogspot.com/

Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
1 KUDOS received
CEO
CEO
Followers: 55

Kudos [?]: 432 [1] , given: 210

GMAT Tests User
Re: The Pain of Waiting.. Oh, the Agony.. of the R2 decisions!! [#permalink] New post 15 Mar 2008, 14:10
This post received
KUDOS
Haha bee how was the HBS interview ?
Current Student

Re: The Pain of Waiting.. Oh, the Agony.. of the R2 decisions!! [#permalink] New post 15 Mar 2008, 16:41
I have mixed feelings about it, bsd.. I don't know.. I'm probably over analyzing all the time, also second guessing my answers right now.. haha.. don't know, I tried to get my mind off it.. what's done is done :)

So, what shall we do when we're waiting..

CEO
CEO

Kudos [?]: 432 [0], given: 210

GMAT Tests User
Re: The Pain of Waiting.. Oh, the Agony.. of the R2 decisions!! [#permalink] New post 16 Mar 2008, 00:49
I have taped up my fingers cos I've bitten my finger nails way too much.
1 KUDOS received
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 34 [1] , given: 11

GMAT Tests User
Re: The Pain of Waiting.. Oh, the Agony.. of the R2 decisions!! [#permalink] New post 16 Mar 2008, 05:22
This post received
KUDOS
bsd_lover wrote:
I have taped up my fingers cos I've bitten my finger nails way too much.

So said bsd "buddha" lover....

10 more days people! shouldn't be a problem...

i think i'll just cut my internet connection now :(
CEO
CEO

GMAT Tests User
Re: The Pain of Waiting.. Oh, the Agony.. of the R2 decisions!! [#permalink] New post 16 Mar 2008, 14:29
adc Its not all bad. I've found (or forced to develop) new interests to take my mind off the impending doom. New hobbies such as :
- Reading Lonely planet New York
- Reading Lonely planet Chicago
- Trying to tell myself that "its no big deal"
- Figuring out new ways to fall asleep at 3 am
- Figuring out new ways to avoid friends who are bound to ask me "Hey how's the MBA hunt going ?"
- Trying to focus on work (with not much success)
- Trying to avoid dad who's bound to say "Why didn't you apply to Harvard ? I told you to apply to Harvard..."
- Trying to avoid sister who's bound to say "Make sure you go to NYU, I'll come visit you, I've always wanted to visit New York ...."
- Trying to avoid thinking about how I could have avoided the Uhmms hmmmss during the interviews
- Trying to avoid thinking about how much money I have poured into an MBA even without getting an admission
- Trying to avoid watching any TV programs which refer to American universities (even Gilmore girls has references to Yale and Harvard). I think kitchen nightmares is my best bet : http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/ ... 62,00.html
1 KUDOS received
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 34 [1] , given: 11

GMAT Tests User
Re: The Pain of Waiting.. Oh, the Agony.. of the R2 decisions!! [#permalink] New post 16 Mar 2008, 18:34
This post received
KUDOS
Man. you're really working on achieving inner peace eh?

Well, I'm off to Hong Kong for a holiday. But that's only in July..

Other than that, I haven't been doing much. Busy with work, trying to forget that the admit calls are coming up on 26 March.

Not doing a very good job of it though.
Current Student

Re: The Pain of Waiting.. Oh, the Agony.. of the R2 decisions!! [#permalink] New post 17 Mar 2008, 04:57
adc, how nice.. HK holiday!! I did some 2 days of leisure in HK last weekend :)

Also, I didn't manage to shop alot, but picked up 3 books:
Eat, Pray, Love - Elizabeth Gilbert (a bit late, I know.. but I have never done many readings ever since am in the b-school apps process)
Skinny Bitch (hahaha)
The Black Swan - Nasim N. Taleb

Okay, 9 days to go, I'm planning to work out in the gym (almost) every day, eat well (trying to be healthy), and also spend quality time with friends & family..

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 0

Re: The Pain of Waiting.. Oh, the Agony.. of the R2 decisions!! [#permalink] New post 17 Mar 2008, 05:47
lol bsd, this is hilarious.
There is one more person to avoid - your supervisor, who is bound to ask for status update on the project.
We have a weekly status report and at times I actually felt that I should write the number of times I hit the F5 (refresh)

bsd_lover wrote:
adc Its not all bad. I've found (or forced to develop) new interests to take my mind off the impending doom. New hobbies such as :
- Reading Lonely planet New York
- Reading Lonely planet Chicago
- Trying to tell myself that "its no big deal"
- Figuring out new ways to fall asleep at 3 am
- Figuring out new ways to avoid friends who are bound to ask me "Hey how's the MBA hunt going ?"
- Trying to focus on work (with not much success)
- Trying to avoid dad who's bound to say "Why didn't you apply to Harvard ? I told you to apply to Harvard..."
- Trying to avoid sister who's bound to say "Make sure you go to NYU, I'll come visit you, I've always wanted to visit New York ...."
- Trying to avoid thinking about how I could have avoided the Uhmms hmmmss during the interviews
- Trying to avoid thinking about how much money I have poured into an MBA even without getting an admission
- Trying to avoid watching any TV programs which refer to American universities (even Gilmore girls has references to Yale and Harvard). I think kitchen nightmares is my best bet : http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/ ... 62,00.html
Director
Director
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
Schools: Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (HKUST) - Class of 2010
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 132 [0], given: 10

GMAT Tests User
Re: The Pain of Waiting.. Oh, the Agony.. of the R2 decisions!! [#permalink] New post 17 Mar 2008, 17:45
Ramseys kitchen nightmares is better than kitchen nightmares.

The former is the original UK version, the latter is the FOX modified format (both use Gordon Ramsey)
CEO
CEO

GMAT Tests User
Re: The Pain of Waiting.. Oh, the Agony.. of the R2 decisions!! [#permalink] New post 17 Mar 2008, 18:24
In fact I became the fan of the show while watching the original UK version. I felt that it was less "formulaised". Both are heaps of fun regardless :)
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE: Business Development (Consumer Products)
Followers: 252

Kudos [?]: 1533 [0], given: 7

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: The Pain of Waiting.. Oh, the Agony.. of the R2 decisions!! [#permalink] New post 18 Mar 2008, 04:58
I remember what it was like... Hang in there boys.
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 0

Re: The Pain of Waiting.. Oh, the Agony.. of the R2 decisions!! [#permalink] New post 18 Mar 2008, 12:58
Its finally 5:00p.m. another workday is slowly and painfully over...I don't know what to do with myself. Am particularly anxious today. I think I'll go home and make potato pakoras, some curry and have with loads of plum wine (confessions am a sweet tooth and prefer wetter sweeter wines to the drier ones)...then watch episodes of family guy for the upteenth time until my deranged mind is bored enough to sleep lol...this is beyond agony, its #$?&*@!!!!!!!
Current Student

Re: The Pain of Waiting.. Oh, the Agony.. of the R2 decisions!! [#permalink] New post 18 Mar 2008, 15:42
Columbia08 wrote:
Its finally 5:00p.m. another workday is slowly and painfully over...I don't know what to do with myself. Am particularly anxious today. I think I'll go home and make potato pakoras, some curry and have with loads of plum wine (confessions am a sweet tooth and prefer wetter sweeter wines to the drier ones)...then watch episodes of family guy for the upteenth time until my deranged mind is bored enough to sleep lol...this is beyond agony, its #$?&*@!!!!!!!

Columbia08, I LOVE FAMILY GUY!! lol. After I read my books, I should go back to my Family Guy DVD collection..

Another thing, it's going to be a long weekend, starting thursday.. religious holiday over here.. so, I really need to distract my mind instead of going to the forums every half an hour..

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 51 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: The Pain of Waiting.. Oh, the Agony.. of the R2 decisions!! [#permalink] New post 18 Mar 2008, 16:02
Quote:
The former is the original UK version, the latter is the FOX modified format (both use Gordon Ramsey)

Does he get beeped as much in the UK version?
CEO
CEO

GMAT Tests User
Re: The Pain of Waiting.. Oh, the Agony.. of the R2 decisions!! [#permalink] New post 18 Mar 2008, 16:22
Yup he did ... although he was slightly restrained when it came to head on arguments with people in the UK version. Its open slather in the American version haha ..
Director
Director
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
Schools: Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (HKUST) - Class of 2010
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 132 [0], given: 10

GMAT Tests User
Re: The Pain of Waiting.. Oh, the Agony.. of the R2 decisions!! [#permalink] New post 18 Mar 2008, 21:31
the uk version is unbeeped so you get to hear the swears :lol:
CEO
CEO

GMAT Tests User
Re: The Pain of Waiting.. Oh, the Agony.. of the R2 decisions!! [#permalink] New post 18 Mar 2008, 22:36
The US version is unbleeped too .. its fantastic !! maybe they beep it in the US, but in Australia you get to hear everything.
Re: The Pain of Waiting.. Oh, the Agony.. of the R2 decisions!!   [#permalink] 18 Mar 2008, 22:36