Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Jul 2014, 00:27

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

The popular view is that Ozone layer’s depletion-"Tough one"

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Read the Question in the post below and mark the Correct Answer below

• 0% [0]
  • 22% [9]
  • 12% [5]
  • 37% [15]
  • 27% [11]
TAGS:
Expert Post
e-GMAT Representative
Followers: 1185

Kudos [?]: 3153 [0], given: 176

Re: The popular view is that Ozone layer’s depletion-"Tough one" [#permalink] New post 09 May 2013, 18:14
Expert's post
gmacforjyoab wrote:
carcass wrote:
Please Chiranjeev provide OA .

Thanks

Hey Guyys,

The official answer is D . Here is a link to it on beat the GMAT . - http://www.beatthegmat.com/an-assumptio ... 71004.html
People should be made to post the answer along with the question , for the benefit of others using the forum. Question without an answer is as good as no question.

Hey,

Didn't you check out the thread before posting?

For your reference, official solution was pasted on this thread on 5th Feb, more than three months ago. I am quoting that again:

egmat wrote:
Hi All,

It has been a great discussion so far. I really enjoyed reading it - points, counter-points - I think this is what we are here for - to learn from each other.

Thank you to all and Kudos to people who put in detailed explanations for their answer choices.

Very nice and precise explanations by Anshunadir, ConnectTheDots and VariableChange.

And if some people are still wondering about OA:

Official Answer is Choice D

We'll put up official explanations by tomorrow. In any case, explanations by Anshunadir, ConnectTheDots and VariableChange are already there. :)

Thanks,
Chiranjeev

Free Webinar: July 26, 2014 - Ace GMAT RC: Register for this Free Webinar to learn how to apply the Reading Strategies critical to ace the GMAT Reading Comprehension. Click here to register.

Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 38 [0], given: 23

Re: The popular view is that Ozone layer’s depletion-"Tough one" [#permalink] New post 09 May 2013, 18:27
egmat wrote:
gmacforjyoab wrote:
carcass wrote:
Please Chiranjeev provide OA .

Thanks

Hey Guyys,

The official answer is D . Here is a link to it on beat the GMAT . - http://www.beatthegmat.com/an-assumptio ... 71004.html
People should be made to post the answer along with the question , for the benefit of others using the forum. Question without an answer is as good as no question.

Hey,

Didn't you check out the thread before posting?

For your reference, official solution was pasted on this thread on 5th Feb, more than three months ago. I am quoting that again:

egmat wrote:
Hi All,

It has been a great discussion so far. I really enjoyed reading it - points, counter-points - I think this is what we are here for - to learn from each other.

Thank you to all and Kudos to people who put in detailed explanations for their answer choices.

Very nice and precise explanations by Anshunadir, ConnectTheDots and VariableChange.

And if some people are still wondering about OA:

Official Answer is Choice D

We'll put up official explanations by tomorrow. In any case, explanations by Anshunadir, ConnectTheDots and VariableChange are already there. :)

Thanks,
Chiranjeev

I did not notice that there was more than one page for this post and I did not see the answer on the first page , thought the official answer was not posted.
My Apologies !

Jyothi
Expert Post
e-GMAT Representative
Followers: 1185

Kudos [?]: 3153 [0], given: 176

Re: The popular view is that Ozone layer’s depletion-"Tough one" [#permalink] New post 09 May 2013, 18:29
Expert's post
gmacforjyoab wrote:
I did not notice that there was more than one page for this post and I did not see the answer on the first page , thought the official answer was not posted.
My Apologies !

Jyothi

No issues. It happens :)

Cheers,
Chiranjeev

Free Webinar: July 26, 2014 - Ace GMAT RC: Register for this Free Webinar to learn how to apply the Reading Strategies critical to ace the GMAT Reading Comprehension. Click here to register.

Manager
Manager
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 36

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: The popular view is that Ozone layer’s depletion-"Tough one" [#permalink] New post 13 May 2013, 03:23
Hello all,

Choice E states:

The rate at which an ozone depleting chemical, whether man-made or released in a volcanic eruption, is released is not more important in the destruction of ozone layer than the quantity of chemicals released.

If we negate choice E we get:

The rate at which an ozone depleting chemical, whether man-made or released in a volcanic eruption, is released is not more important in the destruction of ozone layer than the quantity of chemicals released.

The argument falls apart when E is negated right?

Also E is better in the sense that it is more general and has wider scope. D can be a specific case of E, where there are a large quantities of ozone depleting chemicals released, but due to their structure they would not reach the stratosphere and hence have a lower rate of depletion. There could be a thousand more assumptions on why the quantity is more but rate of depletion is less, but E essentially covers them all! No?
VP
VP
Followers: 202

Kudos [?]: 42 [0], given: 0

Premium Member
Re: The popular view is that Ozone layer’s depletion-"Tough one" [#permalink] New post 29 Jun 2014, 00:43
Hello from the GMAT Club VerbalBot!

Thanks to another GMAT Club member, I have just discovered this valuable topic, yet it had no discussion for over a year. I am now bumping it up - doing my job. I think you may find it valuable (esp those replies with Kudos).

Want to see all other topics I dig out? Follow me (click follow button on profile). You will receive a summary of all topics I bump in your profile area as well as via email.
Re: The popular view is that Ozone layer’s depletion-"Tough one"   [#permalink] 29 Jun 2014, 00:43