Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Oct 2014, 02:36

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

The proportion of women among students enrolled in higher

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 75 [0], given: 7

The proportion of women among students enrolled in higher [#permalink] New post 13 Mar 2012, 11:15
00:00
A
B
C
D
E

Difficulty:

45% (medium)

Question Stats:

63% (02:01) correct 37% (01:08) wrong based on 43 sessions
155. The proportion of women among students enrolled in higher education programs has increased over the
past decades. This is partly shown by the fact that in 1959, only 11 percent of the women between twenty and
twenty-one were enrolled in college, while in 1981, 30 percent of the women between twenty and twenty-one
were enrolled in college.
To evaluate the argument above, it would be most useful to compare 1959 and 1981 with regard to which of
the following characteristics?
(A) The percentage of women between twenty and twenty-one who were not enrolled in college
(B) The percentage of women between twenty and twenty-five who graduated from college
(C) The percentage of women who, after attending college, entered highly paid professions
(D) The percentage of men between twenty and twenty-one who were enrolled in college
(E) The percentage of men who graduated from high school

Can someone please explain the answer which is D.
[Reveal] Spoiler: OA

The Best Way to Keep me ON is to give Me KUDOS !!!
If you Like My posts please Consider giving Kudos

Shikhar

Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 25 [0], given: 20

Re: RC :: Proportion of women among students [#permalink] New post 13 Mar 2012, 18:15
Straight D. We need to know the percentage of men.

http://gmatclub.com/forum/the-proportion-of-women-among-students-enrolled-in-higher-89772.html

Already discussed!!

My First Blog on my GMAT Journey

Arise, Awake and Stop not till the goal is reached

Re: RC :: Proportion of women among students   [#permalink] 13 Mar 2012, 18:15