The psychological stress of telling a lie produces certain physiological changes. By using appropriate instruments, the physiological symptoms of lying can be measured and result in reliable lie detection.
Which of the following, if true, most weakens the above argument?
1. Lie detectors are sensitive machines that require constant maintenance
2. Lying is only moderately stress-inducing to some people
3. Lie detector operators must be highly trained and careful
4. Numerous kinds of psychological stress produce similar physiological symptoms
5. Measurement instruments such as lie detectors can be misused and abused.
Kindly explain your answer
Ta very much