Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 25 Jul 2014, 15:10

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

The "pure mind and body MBA"

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Which of the following is a must have during the upcoming 21 months?

• 25% [10]
  • 10% [4]
  • 25% [10]
  • 12% [5]
  • 12% [5]
  • 15% [6]
TAGS:
SVP
SVP
Schools: The Duke MBA, Class of 2009
Followers: 16

Kudos [?]: 178 [0], given: 2

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 20 Jan 2007, 19:35
GMATT73 wrote:
eazyb81 wrote:
GMATT73 wrote:
rhyme wrote:
GMATT73 wrote:
I

But not all students on campus are mormon. Clearly the vast majority do subscribe to the LDS, however at least 6~7% are foreign students, most of which I presume are not Mormon.

Yes, well, don't count out international mormons. Those nice boys in their cheap suits and their name tags are EVERYWHERE. I've seen them in every place I've ever been - including Siberia. And it's working. Mefiez-vous.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
SVP
SVP

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 20 Jan 2007, 19:36
And my two cents -- I don't really do caffeine. I have too much energy as it is. I scare people. Add caffeine to that and I'm like a chihuahua on speed. But I do need my glass of wine from time to time. Or a bottle. Or two.
Current Student
Followers: 23

Kudos [?]: 120 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User Reviews Badge
 [#permalink] New post 21 Jan 2007, 01:28
aaudetat wrote:
Add caffeine to that and I'm like a chihuahua on speed.

:lol:

I know the kind; got a few type A+ colleagues that chain smoke while consuming POTS of the Starbucks special blend DAILY. One guy even has his own custom expresso grinder/maker that he keeps next to his desk.

I recently attempted to have conversation with the same guy about snowboarding the other day and it went something like this:

Matt: Hey John, how was your weekend?

John: (With coffee cup in hand) Great, fantastic, never been better! My wife and I stopped by that new Vietnamese place in Umeda and had the most amazing Pho....We also saw the Departed at the Warner Mycal theater. Nicholson should get an academy for his performance. DeCaprio just didn't fit the role...well at least I didn't think so, but my wife was more under the impression that.... FIVE minutes later .... how was yours?

Matt: Well, I went boarding up at Niseko and...(interrupted)

John: Really, I love Niseko! Been there once back in 1997 and... where did you stay? Who did you go with? How were the conditions? Did you see the new Higashiyama Prince Hotel and Hot Springs? The last time we were there... (John pauses to refill his coffee)

Matt: We stayed at a small place near the main lodge... (interrupted again)

John: (Lighting a cigarette and drinking a fresh cup of coffee) Did you know that Sapporo hosted the 1974 winter olympics? You probably weren't even born then but I remember it like it was yesterday. People were flooding in from all over...blah blah blah....

Matt: (glancing down at my PDA desperately trying to fabricate an excuse) Oops, sorry John, gotta get back on the Borg project. Left some cookies for you at the reception desk -

John: Cookies? I love cookies. What kind? Are they those little dessicated strawberries coated with vanilla cream or the Royce dark chocolate.....

Seriously, he's the kind of person that thinks after he speaks (at you) and refuses to let anybody near him get a word in edgewise. It's as if he's permanently attached to a caffeine IV drip. He also makes, no kidding, 12-15 toilet dashes over an eight hour shift. :smoke

One or two cups a day, heck even three during crunchtimes is understandable, but POTS??
SVP
SVP

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 21 Jan 2007, 07:07
:oops:

yeah, that could sound familiar.
Current Student

[#permalink] New post 22 Jan 2007, 06:46
aaudetat wrote:
:oops:

yeah, that could sound familiar.

...And this is the way he reacts before he's had his first two pots...
Attachments

25155.jpg
25155.jpg [ 25.69 KiB | Viewed 356 times ]

SVP
SVP

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 22 Jan 2007, 08:16
ok, I don't do THAT! I don't drink the stuff, so don't depend on it for my sunny disposition. But when I do drink coffee, I am a total animal.
Current Student

[#permalink] New post 10 Mar 2007, 00:26
Just in case anybody out there is still considering this school, here is some feedback from my campus visit earlier this month.

1. The school is immaculate. No run-down buildings, litter on the sidewalks or mohawk punks brandishing tatoos and skateboarding down the mall.

2. The honor code is strictly enforced on campus only. Coffee, smokes and tea are out, but mountain dew, coke, and red bull are definately OK! Off campus, you are free to indulge as you like. Some classes begin with a two minute prayer. You also don't have to be LDS or sacrafice your Sundays.

3. The school is expanding by 70%. The Mariott business school just got a HUGE donation to increase its international appeal.

4. Living expenses are dirt cheap. Based on the info I gathered from current students, the average monthly cost of living for a studio near campus is $800, including food and utilities. Most students either own a car or walk/cycle to school.

5. Utah is safe. No homeless, drug addicts, gangs, etc. Zero, zilch, nada.

6. Virtually all MBA graduates are employed at (or three months after) graduation. The class of 2006 commanded an average starting salary of $80K + bonuses. Not too shabby of an ROI for a $20K education.

This was my #1 back up school simply because of its reputation and cost. I still think Marriott has a top notch program gauged by the caliber of its faculty (mostly Harvard, Stanford and Wharton PhDs) and the level of discussion during the classes. Besides, if you decide to visit BYU, they will buy your lunch and even ask you to participate during lectures and team discussions/projects.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE: Business Development (Consumer Products)
Followers: 247

Kudos [?]: 1513 [0], given: 7

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
 [#permalink] New post 10 Mar 2007, 05:55
But... its religious!!!
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 10 Mar 2007, 06:47
I chose coffee because caffeine is my favorite performance enhancing drug..

..plus, I can alway skip beer/wine and get mixed drinks :-D
  [#permalink] 10 Mar 2007, 06:47