Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Nov 2014, 03:14

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

The relative prosperity of the first years of the twentieth

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

The relative prosperity of the first years of the twentieth [#permalink] New post 14 Dec 2006, 21:03
This post was
BOOKMARKED
00:00
A
B
C
D
E

Difficulty:

5% (low)

Question Stats:

90% (01:58) correct 10% (01:12) wrong based on 42 sessions
The relative prosperity of the first years of the twentieth century came to a halt in 1907 when drains on the money supply, revealing a weak national financial infrastructure of banking and credit, it precipitated an economic crisis that lasted nearly a year.

A. supply, revealing a weak national financial infrastructure of banking and credit, it precipitated.

B. Supply, revealing a weak national financial infrastructure of banking and credit, they precipitated.

C. Supply both revealed a weak national financial infrastructure of banking and credit and precipitating.

D. Supply revealed both a weak national financial infrastructure of banking and credit and precipitating.

E. Supply revealed a weak national infrastructure of banking and credit and precipitated.
[Reveal] Spoiler: OA

Last edited by Gnpth on 22 Sep 2014, 04:10, edited 2 times in total.
formatted the topic
VP
VP
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 0

Re: The relative prosperity of the first years of the twentieth [#permalink] New post 14 Dec 2006, 21:23
Why is E wrong?

when the precipitation lasted a year from 1907 why is that you are using precipitating?
Director
Director
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

Re: The relative prosperity of the first years of the twentieth [#permalink] New post 14 Dec 2006, 21:44
trivikram wrote:
Why is E wrong?

when the precipitation lasted a year from 1907 why is that you are using precipitating?

I was focusing fully idiom on this one and got into trap.

I think E seems better than D here.
Director
Director
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 0

Re: The relative prosperity of the first years of the twentieth [#permalink] New post 14 Dec 2006, 23:26
drains on the money supply... revealed...precipitated.
E it is

IE IMBA 2010

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: The relative prosperity of the first years of the twentieth [#permalink] New post 15 Dec 2006, 01:02
I go for E, as it is the shortest correct way. the use of Both...and ... can be avoided. (wordy)
CEO
CEO
Followers: 306

Kudos [?]: 72 [0], given: 0

Premium Member
Re: The relative prosperity of the first years of the twentieth [#permalink] New post 20 Sep 2014, 23:04
Hello from the GMAT Club VerbalBot!

Thanks to another GMAT Club member, I have just discovered this valuable topic, yet it had no discussion for over a year. I am now bumping it up - doing my job. I think you may find it valuable (esp those replies with Kudos).

Want to see all other topics I dig out? Follow me (click follow button on profile). You will receive a summary of all topics I bump in your profile area as well as via email.
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance, Marketing
GPA: 3.3
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 12 [1] , given: 65

Re: The relative prosperity of the first years of the twentieth [#permalink] New post 20 Sep 2014, 23:54
This post received
KUDOS
May I know why, when a member posts a question he/she is not required to post OA and source of the question? I am a newbie on this site, so pardon me if this question has already been answered.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Technology, General Management
Schools: HKUST '15, ISB '15
GMAT Date: 12-26-2014
GPA: 3

Kudos [?]: 35 [0], given: 42

Re: The relative prosperity of the first years of the twentieth [#permalink] New post 22 Sep 2014, 03:38
Yes, I agree. Novice like me spends time on these questions without any value addition :(
Well I go with E on this one :)

Success has been and continues to be defined as Getting up one more time than you have been knocked down.

Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Followers: 22

Kudos [?]: 359 [1] , given: 131

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: The relative prosperity of the first years of the twentieth [#permalink] New post 22 Sep 2014, 03:46
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
VarunBhardwaj & Blackbox:

This question was posted almost 8 years ago. As far i know, it was not mandatory to post the OA and source of the question at that time.

Some time back(Not sure of exact time frame) it is made mandatory to select the source and provide OA whenever a member post new questions.

Hope it helps :)

Believe you can and you're halfway there- Theodore Roosevelt

Rules for posting in Quants Forum || Rules for posting in verbal forum

Improving from V30 to V40 | Improving from Q35-40 to Q47 | Bunuel Special Problem Collections New!!

Version-2 SC- 9 Most common Errors New!! || Version-2- CR- 10 Most common ErrorsNew!!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Manager
Manager
Concentration: Technology, General Management
Schools: HKUST '15, ISB '15
GMAT Date: 12-26-2014
GPA: 3

Kudos [?]: 35 [0], given: 42

Re: The relative prosperity of the first years of the twentieth [#permalink] New post 22 Sep 2014, 04:00
Thanks Gnpth for your answer.
Is it possible for some expert/moderator to update the post with OA when the question is bumped up by verbalbot?

Success has been and continues to be defined as Getting up one more time than you have been knocked down.

Expert Post
Followers: 22

Kudos [?]: 359 [0], given: 131

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: The relative prosperity of the first years of the twentieth [#permalink] New post 22 Sep 2014, 04:14
Expert's post
VarunBhardwaj wrote:
Thanks Gnpth for your answer.
Is it possible for some expert/moderator to update the post with OA when the question is bumped up by verbalbot?

VarunBhardwaj: I have posted the OA and tagged the post as of now.

But i'm little skeptical that each time we have to check for post with OA & the tag when it is bumped. I believe only few questions(which are pretty old) have this kind of issues.

Most of the questions with these type of issues have been resolved. But there is an exception like the above one.

Believe you can and you're halfway there- Theodore Roosevelt

Rules for posting in Quants Forum || Rules for posting in verbal forum

Improving from V30 to V40 | Improving from Q35-40 to Q47 | Bunuel Special Problem Collections New!!

Version-2 SC- 9 Most common Errors New!! || Version-2- CR- 10 Most common ErrorsNew!!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Re: The relative prosperity of the first years of the twentieth   [#permalink] 22 Sep 2014, 04:14