Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 15 Sep 2014, 17:05

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

The Smart Black Guy's GMAT Experience (Q34/V37 ) 600

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

The Smart Black Guy's GMAT Experience (Q34/V37 ) 600 [#permalink] New post 18 Oct 2003, 09:42
First off let me start by thanking those membere that gave me valuable advice, tutorials, and shared their experiences with a brotha.

Anyways I scored a 600 on my 1st attempt on the GMAT, my goal was a 630, so i believe i'm going to take the test again in 3-4 weeks, does anyone think that this is a bad idea?

I think I had more nervous energy than anything, as for the AWA part of the test, i'll be damned, one question was straight out of the OG 10th Ed, for those that care its on page 774, #7.

As for my quantitative experience, I did not have any sort of combination/permutation type problems, which may explain my mediocre score, i had more geometry problems than anything. The first 3 problems I received were data sufficiency problems. I thought I was doing well, but i probably spent more time on some problems than i should have, I ran out of time for the last 10 problems and had to randomly guess in the 2 minute time frame that was left for this section.

I thought the verbal portion, especially the SC part, was easier then the OG. The verbal portion of the GMAT made me realize that my RC skills suck ass (does anyone have any advice?) becuase I found myself re-reading the passages and question stems which ate a lot of my time.

The materials I used to prep for the GMAT were the OG 10th Ed. and The Kaplan 2004 book, has anyone tried the Kaplan Math book?

So for those that are taking the GMAT soon, i would advise that you learn how to manage your time well. Your thoughts, advice, and constructive criticism is greatly appreciated.

SBG
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Dude [#permalink] New post 18 Oct 2003, 10:09
Take the Kaplan Math protions. Yeah 600 is not great, but I think you may want to assess on why you did not geta higher score. If it is because you do not know a lot of math concepts, concentrate on that for the next fews weeks. But you need to understand why you are getting these questions wrong. Also take practice questions in sets and time yourself.

Take full length practice exams (even the essays) to help manage your time and geta feel where you loose energy.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 20 Oct 2003, 17:02
Don't think that your score was bad because you had to guess on the last quantitative problems.

I too ran out of time and had to randomly guess on the last 10 problems of the quantitative section. However, I scored a 47.

Just make sure you get the first 10 right, and the last problems won't hurt you all that much.
  [#permalink] 20 Oct 2003, 17:02