Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Aug 2014, 01:52

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

The story of my 700 (Q48, V37)

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

The story of my 700 (Q48, V37) [#permalink] New post 20 Dec 2007, 06:42
Yesterday took GMAT and got 700. I was really shocked by the result, primarily by the verbal part. Of 37 questions, 4 or 5 were done with 95% probability. I was quite unsure about others so I thought that it would be good to get 600, to be honest.

Of course, I was pretty sure with Quantitive part and I've expected 45-48. It was even a bit of fun as I realized that I've got enough time to answer all the questions so I've spent some extra time on trying to solve some difficult ones :)

What helped me to get there :

1) McGraw Hill book
2) McGraw Hill Cd
3) Kaplan Cd - I just took only sections test, did not attempt the CATs - there was not enough time to do this
4) Kaplan 800 book
5) GMAT Official Prep Software
6) GMAT Club forums
7) 1,5 month of evenings :)))

About sources - McGraw Hill seems quite simple on the one hand, but I never scored 700 only once there (I took all the 12 tests both inthe book and on CD);
Kaplan 800 - I would not say that it helped much. Maybe just as a source of a lot of additional questions. Math is fairly simple there, verbal is quite hard, but it can not be compared to the questions appeared here at Verbal forum. By the way - thanks to everybody who posts questions here - it really help even those who does not post the answers :)

About GMATPrep - I found it to be very close to the real test. I took 1st PT when I started to get prepared - it gave me 640. I took the 2nd a day before the Test and it gave me 640 :) Sounds funny, don't you think so?

What else to say - I would agree with those who say "Never cancel your score". As the questions become harder and harder as long as you keep giving the right answers, it is very hard to say whether you would have a good or a bad result. So just keep going, do not forget about time and trust in good!

Thanx again to this wonderful site which I believe was very helpful for me. And good luck to everybody!
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Director
Director
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 67 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: The story of my 700 (Q48, V37) [#permalink] New post 20 Dec 2007, 13:04
don17 wrote:
Yesterday took GMAT and got 700. I was really shocked by the result, primarily by the verbal part. Of 37 questions, 4 or 5 were done with 95% probability. I was quite unsure about others so I thought that it would be good to get 600, to be honest.

Of course, I was pretty sure with Quantitive part and I've expected 45-48. It was even a bit of fun as I realized that I've got enough time to answer all the questions so I've spent some extra time on trying to solve some difficult ones :)

What helped me to get there :

1) McGraw Hill book
2) McGraw Hill Cd
3) Kaplan Cd - I just took only sections test, did not attempt the CATs - there was not enough time to do this
4) Kaplan 800 book
5) GMAT Official Prep Software
6) GMAT Club forums
7) 1,5 month of evenings :)))

About sources - McGraw Hill seems quite simple on the one hand, but I never scored 700 only once there (I took all the 12 tests both inthe book and on CD);
Kaplan 800 - I would not say that it helped much. Maybe just as a source of a lot of additional questions. Math is fairly simple there, verbal is quite hard, but it can not be compared to the questions appeared here at Verbal forum. By the way - thanks to everybody who posts questions here - it really help even those who does not post the answers :)

About GMATPrep - I found it to be very close to the real test. I took 1st PT when I started to get prepared - it gave me 640. I took the 2nd a day before the Test and it gave me 640 :) Sounds funny, don't you think so?

What else to say - I would agree with those who say "Never cancel your score". As the questions become harder and harder as long as you keep giving the right answers, it is very hard to say whether you would have a good or a bad result. So just keep going, do not forget about time and trust in good!

Thanx again to this wonderful site which I believe was very helpful for me. And good luck to everybody!

great score don...
how much you use to get in verbal in prep tests ?
Intern
Intern

Re: The story of my 700 (Q48, V37) [#permalink] New post 21 Dec 2007, 01:39
ashkrs wrote:

great score don...
how much you use to get in verbal in prep tests ?

Not more then 30! That's why I was greatly surprised by the result
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

wow [#permalink] New post 26 Dec 2007, 11:32
With one month, you make 700!
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 28 Dec 2007, 10:03
Great Score.

How was Mcgraw Hill for Sentence Correction?
Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 29 Dec 2007, 02:50
rhoeta wrote:
Great Score.

How was Mcgraw Hill for Sentence Correction?

Very good, actually. It gives all the rules and some necessary hints (3:2 was my favourite - works in 90% cases :) ).

But Kaplan 800, I think, was also very useful to improve the understanding. To be honest in SC questions hints help much better than the knowledge of grammar :)

So I would recommend both. And 'GMATClub' Verbal forum, of course! :)
Intern
Intern

Re: The story of my 700 (Q48, V37) [#permalink] New post 29 Jan 2008, 03:10
very nice story :)..

What about schools.. what schools did you applied??
Re: The story of my 700 (Q48, V37)   [#permalink] 29 Jan 2008, 03:10