Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Jul 2014, 07:34

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

The UT Austin McCombs 2014 Thread

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 6

The UT Austin McCombs 2014 Thread [#permalink] New post 12 Feb 2013, 09:15
Hey everyone!

I saw someone created a UNC thread and thought that was a good idea. So if anyone is planning on attending or is considering McCombs, I think this would be a good place to talk about Austin, housing, the program, and anything else McCombs-related.

I have a few questions myself - does anyone know how long McCombs usually waits to let you know about any financial aid scholarships/grants?? They said they would let everyone know before the acceptance deadline, but I'm hoping they don't wait until the last minute as this will largely impact whether I attend or not.

Also, does anyone have information on their Teaching Assistantships? It seems like a pretty good deal considering they will waive out-of-state tuition fees and charge you as in-state. If anyone has done this or knows how difficult it is to attain, that would be very helpful.

Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.
- Thomas Edison

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: The UT Austin McCombs 2014 Thread [#permalink] New post 12 Feb 2013, 11:19
Hi all - long time stalker, first time poster.

Got the word yesterday that I'm in, so I started looking at apts/housing near campus.
Any suggestions?
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: Q V0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 3

Re: The UT Austin McCombs 2014 Thread [#permalink] New post 14 Feb 2013, 20:15
I am going! I have already heard back about scholarships, but I was accepted a while ago so I have no idea how long it takes to hear back at this point in the process.

I am looking for housing! That's my biggest concern at the moment. I am also going to be applying for a TA position. The contact for applying for those positions suggested that I submit my application for that around the first of April. You can find it on the website.
Intern
Intern

Re: The UT Austin McCombs 2014 Thread [#permalink] New post 25 Feb 2013, 08:19
Anyone hear about Financial Aid yet? The "MyStatus" page said they would post something within 2 weeks... that was 2 weeks ago.

Personally, I haven't started looking at housing yet because the FA that I get/don't get will determine if I attend or not... :-/

Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.
- Thomas Edison

Intern
Intern

Re: The UT Austin McCombs 2014 Thread [#permalink] New post 25 Feb 2013, 09:25
Pulchritudinous wrote:
actressinpink wrote:
Anyone hear about Financial Aid yet? The "MyStatus" page said they would post something within 2 weeks... that was 2 weeks ago.

Personally, I haven't started looking at housing yet because the FA that I get/don't get will determine if I attend or not... :-/

I think they already sent out all of the financial aid. And from what I understand, the financial aid section on MyStatus is for loans...I think.

I bet that they will only send out more scholarships if the round 1 scholarships don't end up going to someone that received aid (an applicant chose another program). But maybe I'm wrong. You should e-mail Keri.

If you're talking about loans and not scholarships, you should call the financial aid office.

When I asked, they had already sent out financial aid information in regards to scholarships. The "come back in 2 weeks" page is for loans. That page hasn't updated for me either.

Posted from my mobile device Image
Intern
Intern

Re: The UT Austin McCombs 2014 Thread [#permalink] New post 25 Feb 2013, 09:27
Oh man... well that's disappointing. Thanks guys!

- Thomas Edison

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 2

Re: The UT Austin McCombs 2014 Thread [#permalink] New post 25 Feb 2013, 20:47
HI all! Accepted to UT for Fall 2013. I'm so excited! Hoping to plan a trip down to Austin next week to check it out.
Intern
Intern

Re: The UT Austin McCombs 2014 Thread [#permalink] New post 11 Mar 2013, 20:49
Hey, everyone! I'm checking out housing options in Austin this week. Has anyone looked at housing yet? Have any suggestions?
Re: The UT Austin McCombs 2014 Thread   [#permalink] 11 Mar 2013, 20:49