Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 26 Oct 2014, 01:01

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

THINGS TO BE CARRIED FOR TEST

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

THINGS TO BE CARRIED FOR TEST [#permalink] New post 18 Aug 2009, 07:00
This post was
BOOKMARKED
HAI GUYS,
I booked my test on 30.09.09 in INDIA. What are the documents to be carried.

PASSPORT ,..... .

Is score 800 offers adaptive full length tests?
I have quant & verbal questions separately

Regards
VCBABU
1 KUDOS received
GMAT Forum Moderator
Concentration: Healthcare, Economics
Schools: Ross '14 (M)
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
GMAT 2: Q V
GPA: 3.54
WE: Accounting (Manufacturing)
Followers: 55

Kudos [?]: 412 [1] , given: 234

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: THINGS TO BE CARRIED FOR TEST [#permalink] New post 18 Aug 2009, 07:07
This post received
KUDOS
vcbabu wrote:
HAI GUYS,
I booked my test on 30.09.09 in INDIA. What are the documents to be carried.

PASSPORT ,..... .

Regards
VCBABU

Hi VCBABU,

Here is the the GMAC has to say

http://www.mba.com/mba/thegmat/testday

Quote:
# When you check in at the test center, the test administrator will ask you to present valid identification (see Presenting Proper Identification). The administrator will also ask you to agree to the GMAT Examination Testing Rules & Agreement.
# The test administrator will digitally take your fingerprint, signature, and/or palm vein pattern, and photograph. Audio and video are recorded in the testing room at all centers during the exam. If you refuse to participate in any part of the check-in process or refuse to allow the audio/video recording, you will not be permitted to test and you will forfeit your test fee.
# Before you start the GMAT exam on a test center workstation, you will be asked to agree to the GMAT Nondisclosure Agreement and General Terms of Use statement. Electronic confirmation of your agreement is required. If you do not agree to the statement, you will not be permitted to take the test and you will forfeit your entire test fee.
# No testing aids are permitted during the test session or during breaks. Aids include but are not limited to beepers, pagers, pens, calculators, watch calculators, books, pamphlets, notes, blank sheets of paper, rulers, stereos or radios, telephones or cellular (mobile) phones, stopwatches, watch alarms (including those with flashing lights or alarm sounds), dictionaries, translators, thesauri, personal data assistants (PDAs), and any other electronic or photographic devices or potential aids of any kind. Note: If you require wheelchair access or need to use an assistive or medical device, please follow the process to request a test accommodation.

Here are the reviews for the various practice tests offered by prep companies:

all-gmat-cat-practice-tests-links-prices-reviews-77460.html

...and I'm not sure what you mean by "I have quant & verbal questions separately". Would you please clarify?

Thanks,

Strategy Discussion Thread | Strategy Master | GMAT Debrief| Please discuss strategies in discussion thread. Master thread will be updated accordingly. | GC Member Write Ups

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Director
Director
WE 1: 5.5 yrs in IT
Followers: 64

Kudos [?]: 419 [0], given: 56

Re: THINGS TO BE CARRIED FOR TEST [#permalink] New post 18 Aug 2009, 07:10
You'll not be allowed to take anything along with you, not even water, hankie, watch etc. Though passport is required for identification purpose.

vcbabu wrote:
HAI GUYS,

Dont know what you mean by ur 2nd query ?

ISB 2011-12 thread | Ask ISB Alumni @ ThinkISB
All information related to Indian candidates and B-schools | Indian B-schools accepting GMAT scores
Self evaluation for Why MBA?

Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Re: THINGS TO BE CARRIED FOR TEST [#permalink] New post 19 Aug 2009, 04:45
Don't carry too much stuff like food, etc..you probably will not have time to access..I think the break time is now 8 minutes..
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.9
Followers: 29

Kudos [?]: 121 [0], given: 12

Re: THINGS TO BE CARRIED FOR TEST [#permalink] New post 19 Aug 2009, 04:48
Can we bring earplugs?
Also, do anyone know if there's enough space on the desk? Can we place the keyboard to the side after the AWA portion?
Director
Director

Re: THINGS TO BE CARRIED FOR TEST [#permalink] New post 19 Aug 2009, 05:02
bipolarbear wrote:
Can we bring earplugs?
Also, do anyone know if there's enough space on the desk? Can we place the keyboard to the side after the AWA portion?

The test center where I went to had earplugs available with them. I guess same should be the case with all other centers. Certainly you'll need one, specially during the AWA time, when everyone starts typing :P

Regarding your 2nd query, yes there was enough space to keep the keyboard away and work on the notepad.

Btw, what I found awkward was that the desktop was placed at an uncomfortable height.

All information related to Indian candidates and B-schools | Indian B-schools accepting GMAT scores

Manager
Manager

Re: THINGS TO BE CARRIED FOR TEST [#permalink] New post 19 Aug 2009, 05:10
My center has headphones..they sort of help, but I could clearly hear the guy next to me typing while I was doing Verbal.......keyboard an be placed to the side in my case...just be prepared to have to deal with issues that might bother you and be able to focus on your mission....
GMAT Forum Moderator

Kudos [?]: 412 [0], given: 234

Re: THINGS TO BE CARRIED FOR TEST [#permalink] New post 19 Aug 2009, 05:44
bipolarbear wrote:
Can we bring earplugs?

There is *room* to swing the keyboard around.

That being said, the test centers I went to (I went to different test centers for try #1 and try #2) both had ample space, but no guarantee that's true for all test centers. (I'm a lefty w/writing, but right handed with the mouse. The keyboard stayed where it was when I took the test.)

Strategy Discussion Thread | Strategy Master | GMAT Debrief| Please discuss strategies in discussion thread. Master thread will be updated accordingly. | GC Member Write Ups

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.9
Followers: 29

Kudos [?]: 121 [0], given: 12

Re: THINGS TO BE CARRIED FOR TEST [#permalink] New post 20 Aug 2009, 14:17
so does that mean i won't be allowed to bring my own earplugs? i took a practice CAT on a public lab yesterday and their keyboards were really loud. i could see how that could be very distracting for anyone trying to concentrate
Manager
Manager

Re: THINGS TO BE CARRIED FOR TEST [#permalink] New post 20 Aug 2009, 16:15
bipolarbear wrote:
so does that mean i won't be allowed to bring my own earplugs? i took a practice CAT on a public lab yesterday and their keyboards were really loud. i could see how that could be very distracting for anyone trying to concentrate

I am pretty sure that you are not allowed to bring ANYTHING into test area, including earplugs. They supply a headphones.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Schools: Kellogg, MIT, Michigan, Berkeley, Marshall, Mellon
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 25 [0], given: 13

Re: THINGS TO BE CARRIED FOR TEST [#permalink] New post 21 Aug 2009, 06:04
phoenix09 wrote:
Don't carry too much stuff like food, etc..you probably will not have time to access..I think the break time is now 8 minutes..

the break time is just 8 minutes?? :shock:

since when? I took the exam on May and I had a 10-minute break...

mates, please visit my profile and leave comments
johnlewis1980-s-profile-feedback-is-more-than-welcome-80538.html

I'm not linked to GMAT questions anymore, so, if you need something, please PM me

I'm already focused on my application package :)

My experience in my second attempt
http://gmatclub.com/forum/p544312#p544312
My experience in my third attempt
630-q-47-v-28-engineer-non-native-speaker-my-experience-78215.html#p588275

GMAT Forum Moderator

Kudos [?]: 412 [0], given: 234

Re: THINGS TO BE CARRIED FOR TEST [#permalink] New post 21 Aug 2009, 07:42
bipolarbear wrote:

The GMAC is not clear about bringing in your own ear plugs.

http://www.mba.com/NR/rdonlyres/97AA5D8 ... ons_v1.pdf

Call your test center and ask the staff there regarding personal earplugs.

Director
Director

Re: THINGS TO BE CARRIED FOR TEST [#permalink] New post 21 Aug 2009, 09:03
JohnLewis1980 wrote:
phoenix09 wrote:

yes, its 8 mins now. I took the exam around 15 days back.

Manager
Manager

Re: THINGS TO BE CARRIED FOR TEST [#permalink] New post 21 Aug 2009, 12:47
bigoyal wrote:
JohnLewis1980 wrote:
phoenix09 wrote:

yes, its 8 mins now. I took the exam around 15 days back.

I took in May also..10m...I took again in late July, and they told me break has been changed to 8m..I assume that is a universal policy change.....not a big deal IMO (unless your proctor is missing and then the key breaks in your locker... :) .)
Director
Director

Re: THINGS TO BE CARRIED FOR TEST [#permalink] New post 21 Aug 2009, 23:55
phoenix09 wrote:
I took in May also..10m...I took again in late July, and they told me break has been changed to 8m..I assume that is a universal policy change.....not a big deal IMO (unless your proctor is missing and then the key breaks in your locker... :) .)

yeah, but this effectively come to be 5 mins or less, including the check-ins and check-outs formalities everytime and probably 1-2 min buffer one may want to keep.

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 3

Re: THINGS TO BE CARRIED FOR TEST [#permalink] New post 22 Aug 2009, 04:43
Is there a locker to put things in during the test like cell phone, water bottle, ID. etc. ? And is there time during the break to use the restroom & maybe grab a quick bite (granola bar) (i dont know how long check-in/out is)?
Director
Director

Re: THINGS TO BE CARRIED FOR TEST [#permalink] New post 22 Aug 2009, 06:11
sk88 wrote:
Is there a locker to put things in during the test like cell phone, water bottle, ID. etc. ? And is there time during the break to use the restroom & maybe grab a quick bite (granola bar) (i dont know how long check-in/out is)?

Yes, there is a locker provided. You can carry the keys with you, and during the break you can have snacks etc from your locker and of course visit a restroom as well. Drinking water was available at test center during my test.

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 4

Re: THINGS TO BE CARRIED FOR TEST [#permalink] New post 06 Jun 2010, 05:49
Hi,

A good thread indeed ! I have my gmat in 3 days and was wondering where to look for these details ..But I still have some doubts !

1. Do we need to carry the codes of the colleges that we wish to send our gmat scores to ??
2. Do we need to complete our profile at www.gmat.com before we appear for the exam ? I have just filled in my name and left the cgpa, college attended etc blank at the website. Is it necessary to fill them out before giving the exam ???
3. If your exam is say at 8:00 am in the morning then can I reach there by 7:30 or earlier ??

Please reply soon !!!!!

Thanks !!

Manish
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 4

Re: THINGS TO BE CARRIED FOR TEST [#permalink] New post 07 Jun 2010, 04:19
ManishS wrote:
Hi,

A good thread indeed ! I have my gmat in 3 days and was wondering where to look for these details ..But I still have some doubts !

1. Do we need to carry the codes of the colleges that we wish to send our gmat scores to ??
2. Do we need to complete our profile at http://www.gmat.com before we appear for the exam ? I have just filled in my name and left the cgpa, college attended etc blank at the website. Is it necessary to fill them out before giving the exam ???
3. If your exam is say at 8:00 am in the morning then can I reach there by 7:30 or earlier ??

Please reply soon !!!!!

Thanks !!

Manish

Any takers for these questions ???? :?:
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
Followers: 9

Kudos [?]: 89 [1] , given: 3439

Re: THINGS TO BE CARRIED FOR TEST [#permalink] New post 07 Jun 2010, 04:25
This post received
KUDOS
You don't need the college codes. You can look them up through the CAT.

All the profile info is optional. In fact, many schools claim to ignore it until you apply.

As far as when you can get to the test center, I'm pretty sure you can't hang out in the test center itself but you may be able to wait in the lobby or hallway of the building where the center is located to gather your thoughts or what not. That would probably depend on the specific site to which you're travelling, I would guess. Can you call ahead to confirm?

Hope that helps and hope you rock the GMAT.
Re: THINGS TO BE CARRIED FOR TEST   [#permalink] 07 Jun 2010, 04:25