Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 18 Apr 2014, 03:14

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

This forum has been extremely helpful so far, but I have one

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 6

This forum has been extremely helpful so far, but I have one [#permalink] New post 20 Jan 2010, 16:37
00:00
A
B
C
D
E

Difficulty:

5% (low)

Question Stats:

0% (00:00) correct 0% (00:00) wrong based on 0 sessions
This forum has been extremely helpful so far, but I have one more question before I take my test. I'm consistently getting 43+'s on Q, and I've raised my V from 32 all the way to 39. I usually only get 1 or 2 wrong of both the RC and the CR, but my SC is what is holding me back.

If I can raise my hit rate to 80-85% I'll have the 700 in my clutches!

What's my best point of attack from here? I've done all of the SC in OG11 and OG12, I don't remember most of them though.

My plan is to go through the Manhattan SC guide and start highlighting all important rules to me. Then I'll write those rules on note cards and glance through them often until test day.

Anyone have any input on this? I appreciate the help.

-SD
Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 1

Re: 14 Days till Test Day - Want to improve SC Hit Rate from 70% [#permalink] New post 20 Jan 2010, 18:48
I can't say if its worked for the test, but I did just start doing the note card thing from the MGMAT SC. It has helped my hit rate thus far. I have probably about 50 notecards that I read and reread before I go to bed every night.

Good luck, let me know how it turns out.
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: USGBC
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: 14 Days till Test Day - Want to improve SC Hit Rate from 70% [#permalink] New post 20 Jan 2010, 20:36
Initially I wrote down all the rules from MGMAT guides and would read them daily, but it did not help it I actually put them to practice! Now my strategy has changed, I solve around 30 SC daily and then google the ones I get wrong. Usually I find the correct ans on the MGMAT forum given by the instructors. For further understanding I open the MGMAT SC book and read the corresponding rule. That way my SC has improved. Apart from OG, I worked on GMAT PREP SC docs (can be found in GMAT club)
Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 2

Re: 14 Days till Test Day - Want to improve SC Hit Rate from 70% [#permalink] New post 21 Jan 2010, 01:41
In last days of your preparation do the GMAT prep SC document that you can find on this forum. There are no OA for those questions, but you can find all of them disscussed here or on MGMAT forum.

GOOD LUCK!
Re: 14 Days till Test Day - Want to improve SC Hit Rate from 70%   [#permalink] 21 Jan 2010, 01:41