Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Jul 2014, 14:17

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

This is my Story of pitfalls ... Still trying with hope

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
This is my Story of pitfalls ... Still trying with hope [#permalink] New post 22 Aug 2005, 18:59
Hi Hjort,

Here is my full story. Guys this story is for everyone, please feel free to throw ur opinion on the same. I am writing this as Hjort was curious on one of my posting. Still I would be glad if others can contribute their thought virus to this. Thanks

I gave my first GMAT in 2003 DEC and got an 610 and 4.0 AWA. Then gave the second time in SEP 2004 and secured 660 and 3.5 AWA. Finally I gave it for the 3rd time in NOV 2004 and secured 680 and 3.0 AWA. Yea the point is very clear I was concentrating on the score and lost on AWA.

I applied to 4 schools MIT, Stanford, Michigan and Columbia for 2005 class. I didnt get any positive from all schools. Later on, I discussed with a few friends and folks like you guys and realised that my score and the choice of school were totally haywire.

As you said, my PG is in Business Administration. But it is totally into Information Technology management. In US, some universities give this degree as MIS. Now, I have 5 yrs of work experience in computer sciences corporation (http://www.csc.com). I started here as a consultant and now I am a project leader, leading a team of 12 members. I had my share of sweat and suffering to get to the position where I am today. Now, I realise that I need to get into general management else I wouldnt be able to grow further in heirarchy. Also, a MBA from one of these ivy schools should be a good arsenal for me handle new roles.

My selection of Institutes are primarily based on US News and Business Week surveys. I even wrote quite a few emails to the admission department of these schools to check whether my profile is a fit in their place. From some places I have got a straight 'NO' on my PG parameter.

Yale and Darden seems to be cool on this. Also, as per US News and Business week, these two schools seems to have a lot of characteristics which seems to match with mine. HBS and INSEAD are my dreams. I know I am not a HBS metal with this score but yea, I am can give a try in INSEAD.

Please ask in case you want to know something more. Thanks

Krish.
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
CEO
CEO
Followers: 20

Kudos [?]: 427 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 23 Aug 2005, 10:27
Hi,

What was your class standing for your PG?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 03 Sep 2005, 09:01
Krish,
The schools that gave you "NO" on the PG parameter, what exact reason did they give you ?

-- Vivek.

"Start By Doing What Is Necessary ,Then What Is Possible & Suddenly You Will Realise That You Are Doing The Impossible"

[#permalink] 03 Sep 2005, 09:01