Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 14 Sep 2014, 18:12

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Three Weeks till Game Day

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 24

GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests
Three Weeks till Game Day [#permalink] New post 22 Nov 2013, 00:34
Its been a year since I first attempted the GMAT and I did not score anywhere near the range of my target schools.
Perhaps it was nerves, but in any case I have the exam coming up in about 3 weeks, and I am still reviewing the MGMAT books.
I have been over them before, but the on and off made me start from the very beginning.
I have completed all quant and am planning on finishing the Verbal guides by the end of next week.

From speaking with friends who performed well on the exam and are in top tier programs, they are advising that I drop the fundamental angle entirely, and just focus on GMAC questions from the OG12/OG 13, and supplemental guides along with a timer.
I have taken one PT from MGMAT so far and received in the mid 600s but I would need to be crossing 700+ to get to where I need to be.

I am all in right now. I left my company about a month ago, and am trying to work through apps and exam studying simultaneously full time.
I need to hit the score, as do many people who commit to the exam, but I don't have many options other than to finish strong.
If I am not ready by end of this week, I was planning on enrolling in the MGMAT bootcamp.

Please, your thoughts and opinions would be extremely helpful.
I appreciate it.

Reg
Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
McCombs Thread Master
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
WE: Project Management (Energy and Utilities)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 27 [0], given: 22

CAT Tests
Re: Three Weeks till Game Day [#permalink] New post 22 Nov 2013, 10:50
ReggiePrime wrote:
Its been a year since I first attempted the GMAT and I did not score anywhere near the range of my target schools.
Perhaps it was nerves, but in any case I have the exam coming up in about 3 weeks, and I am still reviewing the MGMAT books.
I have been over them before, but the on and off made me start from the very beginning.
I have completed all quant and am planning on finishing the Verbal guides by the end of next week.

From speaking with friends who performed well on the exam and are in top tier programs, they are advising that I drop the fundamental angle entirely, and just focus on GMAC questions from the OG12/OG 13, and supplemental guides along with a timer.
I have taken one PT from MGMAT so far and received in the mid 600s but I would need to be crossing 700+ to get to where I need to be.

I am all in right now. I left my company about a month ago, and am trying to work through apps and exam studying simultaneously full time.
I need to hit the score, as do many people who commit to the exam, but I don't have many options other than to finish strong.
If I am not ready by end of this week, I was planning on enrolling in the MGMAT bootcamp.

Please, your thoughts and opinions would be extremely helpful.
I appreciate it.

Reg

I completely agree to your friends. One thing I have learned from my mistakes during my preparation for GMAT is that, always time your questions. It doesn't matter what kind of question are you solving, just time your questions. This will work wonders according to me.

Also give lots and lots of practice tests. As much as you can. But make sure that you analyze each and every test (each and every question, including the correct ones) meticulously. Analyzing the tests is the key to success at the D-day.

Hope this helps. Please ask if you need any thing help.

You can read my debrief about my attempt for GMAT :P.

EDIT: Please kudos if this helped.

My GMAT debrief

greatness is not about possessing talent but about having the discipline to summon that talent whenever needed!!!

Please Kudos my post if it helped you!!

Intern
Intern

Re: Three Weeks till Game Day [#permalink] New post 04 Dec 2013, 17:10
Outside of CATs. Anyone have suggestions for how to approach the OG13 book problems?
Is there a list of problems per section / category that helps you cover all the grounds necessary to be prepared?

I have a little less than 2 weeks and have purchased the OG Archer from MGMAT. I plan on going through the majority of the problems along with 3 more CATS before test date.

Appreciate it
Expert Post
GMAT Pill Instructor
Followers: 288

Kudos [?]: 654 [0], given: 6

Re: Three Weeks till Game Day [#permalink] New post 04 Dec 2013, 18:50
Expert's post
ReggiePrime wrote:
Outside of CATs. Anyone have suggestions for how to approach the OG13 book problems?
Is there a list of problems per section / category that helps you cover all the grounds necessary to be prepared?

I have a little less than 2 weeks and have purchased the OG Archer from MGMAT. I plan on going through the majority of the problems along with 3 more CATS before test date.

Appreciate it

You can see complete video solutions to all the OG SC questions here: http://www.gmatpill.com/official-guide

If you are looking for additional CATs - you can go to: http://www.gmatpill.com/gmat-practice-t ... promo=free

... and more

Image What's Inside GMAT Pill?

Zeke Lee, GMAT Pill Study Method (Study Less. Score More.)

GMAT Pill Reviews | GMAT PILL Free Practice Test

Intern
Intern

Re: Three Weeks till Game Day [#permalink] New post 04 Dec 2013, 19:23
Thanks but where to find solutions was not my question.
I am looking for a select list of questions from The OG13 book that would be recommended to solidify my knowledge in each related subject that would show up on the exam
Would anyone have a question list or know of a thread that is dedicated to working on the best questions in the OG13 book?

GMATPill wrote:
ReggiePrime wrote:

Appreciate it

You can see complete video solutions to all the OG SC questions here: http://www.gmatpill.com/official-guide

If you are looking for additional CATs - you can go to: http://www.gmatpill.com/gmat-practice-t ... promo=free
McCombs Thread Master
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
WE: Project Management (Energy and Utilities)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 27 [0], given: 22

CAT Tests
Re: Three Weeks till Game Day [#permalink] New post 04 Dec 2013, 20:35
ReggiePrime wrote:
Thanks but where to find solutions was not my question.
I am looking for a select list of questions from The OG13 book that would be recommended to solidify my knowledge in each related subject that would show up on the exam
Would anyone have a question list or know of a thread that is dedicated to working on the best questions in the OG13 book?

GMATPill wrote:
ReggiePrime wrote:

Appreciate it

Start solving OG questions in reverse order, till midway. It helped me a lot for my GMAT. I prepared for GMAT for approx 25 days. You can refer my debiref.

My GMAT debrief

greatness is not about possessing talent but about having the discipline to summon that talent whenever needed!!!

Please Kudos my post if it helped you!!

Re: Three Weeks till Game Day   [#permalink] 04 Dec 2013, 20:35