(1) Solar power has become more efficient
(2) Threshold = price per barrel of oil to which price has to rise for solar power to be more economical than oil-fired plants
(3) BUT threshold remain the same...WHY IS (A) WRONG?
Firstly, threshold refers to a theoretical
price of oil and not the actual
price of oil.
Secondly, price of oil is more of just a measurement
that shows how more economical is the solar power plant compared to oil-fired plants
F(efficiency of solar power plant, efficiency of oil-fired plant) = price of oil per barrel
Two things that are actually variables of this formula are :
(1) efficiency of solar power plant and
(2) efficiency of oil-fired plant.
Rise in Price = is theoretical price of oil to show economic viability
Only, C discusses the other variable in the formula which is efficiency of oil-fired plants.
Impossible is nothing to God.