Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 15:33 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 15:33

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Tags:
Show Tags
Hide Tags
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 4053 [0]
Given Kudos: 156
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
For how long can I delay my GMAT Exm fr Fall'14 Admission? [#permalink]
Hi
I am from Delhi, having Arts background , I wish to pursue MBA (International Business).
I consider myself to be very weak in Quant aptitude, let's say math overall.
Currently, I am preparing for the GMAT level math from the scratch, at home only (with help of a private tutor). :|
I believe for verbal section I can routinely self-study using good resources. So, here I ask you to kindly suggest me your material that would make me understand RC & SC to a good extent. So, that I can at least balance my low Quant score in verbal. Please tell about various packages so that I can choose according to my budget and need.

Also,only 15 days have passed ever since I started preparing for GMAT, and still there's a long way to go to cover up my Math understanding and practice portion.
(as I said I am very weak in Math, and I need to score min 650).
Kindly kill my confusion by telling, till HOW LONG can I delay my GMAT exam(as I am still preparing), and yet manage to get an admission seat in an above average Public college for fall 2014. :?:

Do reply. EAGERLY WAITING.

Thanks & Regards
Priya Sharma
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Till how long can I delay my GMAT Exm fr Fall'14 Admission? [#permalink]
Hi
Sir I am from Delhi, I am from Arts background , I wish to pursue MBA (International Business).
Currently, I am preparing for the GMAT level math from the scratch, at home only (with help of a private tutor). :|
I believe for verbal section I can routinely self-study using good resources. So, here I ask you to kindly suggest me your material that would make me understand RC & SC to a good extent. So, that I can at least balance my low Quant score in verbal. Please tell about various packages so that I can choose according to my budget and need.

Also,only 15 days have passed ever since I started preparing for GMAT, and still there's a long way to go to cover up my Math understanding and practice portion.
Kindly kill my confusion by telling, till HOW LONG can I delay my GMAT exam(as I am still preparing), and yet manage to get an admission seat in an above average Public college for fall 2014. :?:

Thanks & Regards
Priya Sharma
Admission Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 79 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Send PM
Re: Till how long can I delay my GMAT Exm fr Fall'14 Admission? [#permalink]
Expert Reply
priyasharma29 wrote:
Hi
Sir I am from Delhi, I am from Arts background , I wish to pursue MBA (International Business).

Thanks & Regards
Priya Sharma

Hi,

Thanks for writing here

Please find my response here

1) On Verbal - I would suggest you to take the pack from e-gmat (you can go to the Gmatclub Market Place) , the same will help you save time and will reduce your load since the platform these guys have used is very interactive. For SC, you may also go for a few of resources and notes that are available at the GMATClub. But, believe me if you strong in RC and SC, but if you do not do well in your CR, then you might land in trouble.

For CR, I would suggest you to go through the Manhattan guide or for the Powerscore guide

2) On Quant - I would suggest you to go through the Manhattan Guides, they are comprehensive. You may refer to their online videos for the specific subject that you think you wanna explore more

Overall, you have to have a strategy for the GMAT, one can't attend the same the way one has taken exams till now during education, the exam requires to choose the battles that you wanna win and you wont mind to loose a few Qs to win the overall battle - score

In terms of timing to take GMAT, it really depends on which schools are you planning to apply. Overall, I would encourage you to apply in the first and second round since the chances of getting admits are higher during these two rounds

Hope this helps, please feel free to write or PM for further help

Thanks
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72859 [1]
Given Kudos: 18857
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Re: Till how long can I delay my GMAT Exm fr Fall'14 Admission? [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
I dont see which school you are applying to but may will allow you to submit your application even if you have taken the GMAT 1 day before the deadline. (you have to include your score on the application but the school will not get a verification of the score for at least 7-14 days, but that's usually is OK). You can check with your specific schools/programs.

Hope this helps.

P.S. Many find that the essays take as much or even more effort so unless they are done and you just to improve your GMAT, I would not recommend taking the GMAT a day before or even a month before in the ideal world.
Tutor
Own Kudos [?]: 64882 [1]
Given Kudos: 426
Send PM
Re: For how long can I delay my GMAT Exm fr Fall'14 Admission? [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
priyasharma29 wrote:
Hi
I am from Delhi, having Arts background , I wish to pursue MBA (International Business).

Thanks & Regards
Priya Sharma

Depends on where you are planning to apply. Many schools have round 2 deadline in Jan. Some have in Nov/Dec too. Try to take GMAT at least a month before the first round 2 deadline. It's advisable to take it even earlier so that you can retake GMAT if need be (you can take GMAT only once in 30 days). But if you are not prepared till that time, there is no point taking it early. Hence, you need to first make a list of schools to which you are going to apply. Check their round 2 deadlines and circle the one which is earliest, say Dec 4. Take GMAT not later than 1st Nov. You will need a month to work on your applications too. Also, it takes about 15-20 days for the school to receive your official GMAT score. It's good to have at least that much time between your GMAT and the deadline.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: For how long can I delay my GMAT Exm fr Fall'14 Admission? [#permalink]
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts
GRE Forum Moderator
13957 posts