Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 29 Jul 2014, 06:55

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Time is running out, I could use some advice

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Time is running out, I could use some advice [#permalink] New post 16 Oct 2006, 12:00
I could use some tips from the experts on board regarding strategy. Here is where I stand so far:

Completed:
- OG Verbal
- OG Math
- Kaplan premeir math
- Kaplan Math book
- Kaplan 800 math
- Arco Test 1 (scored 700 44Q 40V)
- I previously completed about 2/3 of the OG 11 about a year ago when I planned to take the test. Everything else is recent.

Materials I have:
- OG 11
- 25 GMAT Club Challenges (I was thinking of doing at least 10)
- Overall review of the Kaplan and OG stuff that I completed
- Arco tests 2, 3
- GMATPREP tests

Question I have for you guys and gals!:
- I am not going to go through the entire OG 11, but I am considering a few options. 1. the last 1/4-1/3 of each sections. 2. The entire verbal section and many gmatclub challenges for math review. What are your opinions on these ideas?
- I am planning on taking the arcos and the gmat preps to equal about 6+ total practice gmats. Is this enough?
- Should I be focusing on reviewing what I have already done in the OG verbal/math books?
- Am I forgetting anything?
- Any general tips?

I scheduled the exam for mid-November so I have just under a month to study. ANY advice/help/kind words/whatever would be great! Thank you.

Like every other typical gmatter (hence the name) I would like to break the 700 mark.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 16 Oct 2006, 12:41
I haven't taken the GMAT yet but I'm planning to in a few weeks, as it already looks like you are scoring well i think most beneficial would be :

1 - take 1 gmatprep test now to gauge ability
2 - Last 1/3 of each section of OG 11, Verbal & Math supplements
3 - Go through Kaplan 800 (shouldn't take too long its pretty well padded with white space :-D )
4 - time yourself on every question and keep an error log
5 - if you feel weak in any particular area buy the appropriate MGMAT book now, so you have time to go through it. (can't vouch for the CR or RC, but i have the others and they cover the fundamentals very well)
6 - spend time answering questions in the forum here
7 - do the challenges if time permits
8 - download powerprep for extra cat practice
Manager
Manager

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 17 Oct 2006, 09:56
Thanks London! This MBA/GMAT stuff is like some fly buzzing around my head, quite annoying.

I think I am going to mix the OG 11 and the GMAT club challenges throughout the next few weeks as my main focus.

Did you use the Kaplan 800 verbal? I've completed the math section once and will go though some error problems eventually, but I have no touched the verbal side. Is it helpful?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 17 Oct 2006, 10:36
The verbal in KAP 800 is ok but its not revelation (for me anyway), i thought the Quant was more beneficial.
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Re: Time is running out, I could use some advice [#permalink] New post 17 Oct 2006, 15:16
typicalgmatter wrote:

Like every other typical gmatter (hence the name) I would like to break the 700 mark.

is that really a typical score? :?:
Manager
Manager

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 18 Oct 2006, 04:47
I just took my first gmat club challenge last night, or should I say it took me. Should I be worried that I performed horribly? Half of the questions were out of my league and half were either not bad or challenging but do-able. I'm going to take another one tonight so we'll see how that goes.

Orange,
700 is not a typical score, but everyone wants that score thus I am like everyone else.
  [#permalink] 18 Oct 2006, 04:47