Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Jul 2014, 22:43

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Time to be invested for GMAT

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Time to be invested for GMAT [#permalink] New post 12 Apr 2007, 12:57
This post was
BOOKMARKED
Hello

can anybody help me out with the time that i need to invest religiously to get a good GMAT score. I am currently in an IT firm and can invest only 1hr on weekdays and 5 hrs on weekends.

Rgds
Mel
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
SVP
SVP
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 82 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Time to be invested for GMAT [#permalink] New post 12 Apr 2007, 13:04
dsouzamel wrote:
Hello

can anybody help me out with the time that i need to invest religiously to get a good GMAT score. I am currently in an IT firm and can invest only 1hr on weekdays and 5 hrs on weekends.

Rgds
Mel

1 hr on weekdays and 5 hrs on weekends
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

[#permalink] New post 14 Apr 2007, 17:30
LOL I was thinking the same thing.
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 14 Apr 2007, 19:38
The the answer is: it depends. What is your study plan like?
Intern
Intern

Re: Time to be invested for GMAT [#permalink] New post 23 Apr 2007, 21:29
Hi, I have known people who have got excellent scores by spending just four hours a week on their test preparation. In the end its about the quality of time and not the quantity.

I would suggest you join a study group or a similar setup with those who are well aware of the GMAT format. Your time investment could be minimum but you will get alot more out of it than trying to do everything on your own. It is best to be well prepared before you sit for the exam as it deals with your future career at the same time, it can be done wisely with optimal time managment as in your case.

I have heard Princeton review has weekend classes in their centres all over India. See if you can join such classes. They are indeed great help for timely challenged. manya education site for your reference.

dsouzamel wrote:
Hello

Rgds
Mel
VP
VP
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 31 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 24 Apr 2007, 01:35
1 hr in week days and 5 hour on weekends is not bad.
Can u put in 5 hr on both Sat and Sun? if so, that'll be better.

also, create a plan of studying 3 months and go for the exam. it is important to take it while you are hot. don't drag it too long.
Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 26 Apr 2007, 13:58
Yepp... 12 to 15 hours a week for 10-12 weeks should be good.

But be little organized. Plan these 10-12 weeks and stick to the plan. Practicing is important, but DO NOT FORGET to keep good amount of time for analysis of whatever u practice, specially the incorrect answers. This is the key to GMAT. It has helped me in improving my accuracy to a great extent (to qualtify, from 70% to 95%)

All the best for your preparations.
Cheers!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 03 May 2007, 08:18
I study 2.5 hours every day and planning on doing it for 4 months. I mark problems I have a hard time solving, review the answer. And 3-4 weeks latter I come back to review all of the marked problems and see how I do.
SVP
SVP
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 82 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 03 May 2007, 09:30
It's funny.

People go into the GMAT thinking it's not that hard. People think, "For crying out loud, we all know it trails the LSAT and MCAT in difficulty level. It's a joke!"

Then bam!!! It hits you. It is that hard. What makes it difficult is that you need to score high (700+ 92nd%). And please don't lecture me about how hitting your target schools middle 80% is fine. I've heard it all.

Take the GMAT lightly and you will pay for it dearly. During my prep I found a new level of respect for the test.
Director
Director
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 139 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 03 May 2007, 10:11
kidderek

I can't agree more.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 11 May 2007, 15:04
I study 3 hours on weekdays and 5 hours on weekends and planning on taking GMAT in 4 months. After 3 weeks of "hardcore" studying I see the improvement, but I still think 4 months is the time I need to put into to score my 700+
  [#permalink] 11 May 2007, 15:04