Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Oct 2014, 13:25

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Time to give back to GMAT club!!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Time to give back to GMAT club!! [#permalink] New post 01 Apr 2005, 07:22
Hi All, me an old timer returning with a brief summary of a roller coaster ride over the past 4 months, ultimately culminating into ecstasy....

Statistically speaking my first GMAT was a dissappointing 600 and second attempt (in a month) got me close to 700, but being an Indian it was an obvious handicap.......anyways I decided to go ahead and apply hoping my background, unlike most Indian IT people was different......I work with NASA space missions and do jet communications, aviation, satellite technology for the past 7 yrs........have a BS n MS in EE.......!!

Applied to 6 schools: Kellogg, Chicago, Michigan, Darden, CMU, Cornell....

1st I get news from Kellogg that I am dinged...........wasnt hoping for an admit bcos I screwed up interview, Next on one Monday I hear from Darden, CMU and Michigan and ALL 3 waitlist me :? ......am totally clueless, although I felt my interview went very well I think its the GMAT that might have stopped me for a direct admit..........anyways kept my hopes alive and then I get a DING from Chicago....was very pissed at this bcos first of all Chicago asks you to write weird essays like mascot, role model blah blah.......next after putting in so much effort they DING u.......it sux......I could have sent in an application to Duke and Stern in the time I took to write all essays for Chicago..........anyways life went on with the hope of converting to an admit from the 3 waitlists.....!!

Finally yesterday afternoon I hear back from CORNELL and it is an ADMIT........absolutely thrilled and am still in the euphoria, havent done a bit of work since morning...........waiting for lunch time to go out and then head home for a much expected grand celebration weekend 8-) ........

My advice to everyone: Believe in yourself and write good essays.......GMAT might be an important yet ONE component, other stuff definitely matters......Interviews are very important as well...

I also want to thank Paul, Praet and other founders and members of this club.......thanks for helping and sharing your thoughts.......Good luck to everyone.........!!
cbrf3
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Director
Director

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 01 Apr 2005, 07:25
Hey..so happy for you...was wondering about you. Cornell is a damn good one. Congrats!
CEO
CEO
Followers: 21

Kudos [?]: 435 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 01 Apr 2005, 07:41
Congrats on Cornell!

Here is my breakdown of your portfolio:

Ultra elites: Applications: 2; both not accepted

Elites: Applications: 3; 1 Accepted, 2 waitlisted

Trans elites: Applications: 1; waitlisted

Hjort
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Followers: 23

Kudos [?]: 174 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 22 Apr 2005, 04:40
Wow, can't believe I missed this. Congratulation on your admission to Cornell! :band Tell us how it goes there and whether you like the program as time goes by.

Best Regards,

Paul

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 03 Oct 2005, 09:10
Did you apply for a full-time or a part-time MBA?

Can you also write a little about what went wrong in your interview at Kellogg's?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 23 Oct 2005, 17:50
Hey PSG, it is KELLOGG and not Kellogg's cereal.........try to get the name right........As far as the interview at Kellogg, I just dinn connect with the interviewer and thought it was over as soon as I walked out of the program.......
  [#permalink] 23 Oct 2005, 17:50