Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Oct 2014, 13:42

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Time Yourself and Track your Progress in the Forum

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Expert Post
6 KUDOS received
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2325

Kudos [?]: 9454 [6] , given: 3702

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Time Yourself and Track your Progress in the Forum [#permalink] New post 25 May 2010, 03:06
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post

Hello Everyone!

We would like to unveil the version 2 of GMAT Club Forum Timer

!
Version 3 is out here: time-yourself-with-a-new-gmat-club-timer-v-96251.html

Improve your GMAT score by attempting ALL questions on GMAT Club's Forum with the TIMER.
  • Use it as an automatic error log - all questions you attempt are recorded in a dedicated workbook area
  • Achieve better time management
  • Analyze your strengths and weaknesses
  • Practice in test-like conditions
  • Keep track of your progress (all of your timing and answer results are saved in Your Workbook)
  • More features to come

Yes, all of the questions you attempt with GMAT Club's Timer will be saved in your workbook that you can use as an error log later to identify patterns, weaknesses, or attempt the questions you got wrong again. All of this with just 2 clicks of a mouse!

Step 1: Start the Timer

Attachment:
gmat timer.gif
gmat timer.gif [ 2.1 KiB | Viewed 10343 times ]

Step 2: Stop the Timer

Attachment:
starttimer.gif
starttimer.gif [ 2.04 KiB | Viewed 10339 times ]

Step 3: Record Your Answer Choice

Attachment:
stoptimer.gif
stoptimer.gif [ 3.67 KiB | Viewed 10346 times ]

Your Answer Choices are Saved in Your Workbook

Attachment:
saveanswer.gif
saveanswer.gif [ 3.38 KiB | Viewed 10343 times ]

Review your workbook at a later time in User Profile Area

Attachment:
myworkbook2.gif
myworkbook2.gif [ 4.55 KiB | Viewed 10338 times ]
Attachment:
workbooklog.gif
workbooklog.gif [ 25.19 KiB | Viewed 56904 times ]

When you return to the question you already attempted, your last result will be displayed

Attachment:
timerreturn.gif
timerreturn.gif [ 3.35 KiB | Viewed 10288 times ]

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Last edited by bb on 28 Jun 2010, 13:21, edited 5 times in total.
Updated
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Director
Director
WE 1: 3.5 yrs IT
WE 2: 2.5 yrs Retail chain
Followers: 55

Kudos [?]: 733 [0], given: 40

Re: Time Yourself and Track your Progress in the Forum [#permalink] New post 25 May 2010, 04:15
bb,

How will we make sure that the answer we select is the correct one, if the answer is not provided?

Want to improve your CR: cr-methods-an-approach-to-find-the-best-answers-93146.html
Tricky Quant problems: 50-tricky-questions-92834.html
Important Grammer Fundamentals: key-fundamentals-of-grammer-our-crucial-learnings-on-sc-93659.html

Expert Post
Founder
Founder

Kudos [?]: 9454 [0], given: 3702

Re: Time Yourself and Track your Progress in the Forum [#permalink] New post 25 May 2010, 05:05
Expert's post
ykaiim wrote:
bb,

How will we make sure that the answer we select is the correct one, if the answer is not provided?

Good question - thank you.

If you do not know whether the answer is correct or not, you will pick "NOT SURE" option.
If the OA is released later, and you would like to adjust the status of this question from Not Sure to "correct" or "incorrect", you simply restart the timer and your result will be overwritten in the workbook to reflect the answer choices (time taken as well as the date of the attempt will be modified as well).

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator

Director
Director

Re: Time Yourself and Track your Progress in the Forum [#permalink] New post 25 May 2010, 05:12
bb,

the new Clock is cool. :band

If you remember, a few weeks back I suggested some thing to analyse your peformance. Just like the voting buttons we have, we can select our option as a vote. I dont know how much technically it is feasible, but if the OA is posted but hidden from others then clock can tell correctness of your response. :wink:

Want to improve your CR: cr-methods-an-approach-to-find-the-best-answers-93146.html
Tricky Quant problems: 50-tricky-questions-92834.html
Important Grammer Fundamentals: key-fundamentals-of-grammer-our-crucial-learnings-on-sc-93659.html

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Affiliations: SPG
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 288 [0], given: 20

Re: Time Yourself and Track your Progress in the Forum [#permalink] New post 25 May 2010, 06:01
First of all great work BB ,

Timing is a big thing on GMAT and this is the best way to keep a check on timing. However, I have noticed that on most questions there is no timer. I think you should give the timer on every question, no matter what. I usually turn the timer on when im doing a question and in this way it goes to my workbook.

Another thing I noted while posting the questions is that if you click on the section from which the question belongs and check the timer as well as your signature, the timer doesn't appear on the question. You have to go back and edit your post to include the timer. However, I think the timer should just be there for every question no matter what.

press kudos, if you like the explanation, appreciate the effort or encourage people to respond.

Download the Ultimate SC Flashcards

Expert Post
Founder
Founder

Re: Time Yourself and Track your Progress in the Forum [#permalink] New post 25 May 2010, 06:27
Expert's post
Thank you for the feedback!

All threads in the Math and Verbal forums have a timer by default unless the user turns it off, which I have seen a few people do (i believe I may have seen you turn it off too in a question recently but not so sure - i apologize if I am off) but we'll fix that so that the timer is always on unless a moderator disables it.

The reason we provided an option to disable it is for posts that are not GMAT questions that are present in those forums.

dimitri92 wrote:

Timing is a big thing on GMAT and this is the best way to keep a check on timing. However, I have noticed that on most questions there is no timer. I think you should give the timer on every question, no matter what. I usually turn the timer on when im doing a question and in this way it goes to my workbook.

Another thing I noted while posting the questions is that if you click on the section from which the question belongs and check the timer as well as your signature, the timer doesn't appear on the question. You have to go back and edit your post to include the timer. However, I think the timer should just be there for every question no matter what.

Founder of GMAT Club

1 KUDOS received
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Affiliations: SPG
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 288 [1] , given: 20

Re: Time Yourself and Track your Progress in the Forum [#permalink] New post 25 May 2010, 06:39
This post received
KUDOS
bb wrote:
Thank you for the feedback!

All threads in the Math and Verbal forums have a timer by default unless the user turns it off, which I have seen a few people do (i believe I may have seen you turn it off too in a question recently but not so sure - i apologize if I am off) but we'll fix that so that the timer is always on unless a moderator disables it.

The reason we provided an option to disable it is for posts that are not GMAT questions that are present in those forums.

dimitri92 wrote:

Oh! I didn't realize I did that. I am actually a big fan of the timer. In case I see the timer didn't come up I usually go back and edit the post to put the timer on. Anyways, maybe it might be because I am using Safari, though I highly doubt that it is a browser specific problem which comes up only when I am posting it. Anyways, I will try for a few more days and see if I get this problem again. I will PM you the actual scenario in which the timer didn't appear, in case that happens.

press kudos, if you like the explanation, appreciate the effort or encourage people to respond.

Download the Ultimate SC Flashcards

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 10 [1] , given: 12

Re: Time Yourself and Track your Progress in the Forum [#permalink] New post 25 May 2010, 06:45
This post received
KUDOS
Excuse me if my question seem naive .. How can we remove an entry/question from the workbook ?

BTW, Excellent work with timer .. A timer was just what we needed. :)
Expert Post
Founder
Founder

Re: Time Yourself and Track your Progress in the Forum [#permalink] New post 25 May 2010, 06:47
Expert's post
Acc3ss wrote:
Excuse me if my question seem naive .. How can we remove an entry/question from the workbook ?

Thank you for the feedback and the question!
Right now you can't but we can surely look into adding that function - why would you want to remove a question?

Founder of GMAT Club

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 10 [1] , given: 12

Re: Time Yourself and Track your Progress in the Forum [#permalink] New post 25 May 2010, 10:03
This post received
KUDOS
bb wrote:
Acc3ss wrote:

Thank you for the feedback and the question!
Right now you can't but we can surely look into adding that function - why would you want to remove a question?

Well for me, Work Book is a place where I can do my analysis, I can go through all the questions I answered wrongly and when I am done, I can remove those questions to make room for more.

I feel once I start doing more question on the Gmatclub forum (in a timed manner) there will be 100's of questions in my work book - even those which I have already revised. Also having lesser number of will help me search for particular questions as we do not have the functionality of flagging or prioritizing questions in workbook.

I hope my concerns are clear and relevant here.
2 KUDOS received
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
GMAT 1: Q V
GMAT 2: 690 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.77
WE: Corporate Finance (Commercial Banking)
Followers: 157

Kudos [?]: 527 [2] , given: 531

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Time Yourself and Track your Progress in the Forum [#permalink] New post 25 May 2010, 11:47
This post received
KUDOS
Great work BB!

I would give you kudos, but I don't think you need them anymore. :) If not just give me a hint ;)

1.I advise to add an alarm, when for example two minutes gone.
2.In workbook can we add a column level of difficulty ?
3.I don't mind if it would be possible to export the workbook(just what I did wrong and correct) in XLS?

just my 2 kopecks

Follow me, if you find my explanations useful.

Audaces fortuna juvat!

Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Founder
Founder

Kudos [?]: 9454 [1] , given: 3702

Re: Time Yourself and Track your Progress in the Forum [#permalink] New post 25 May 2010, 12:04
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
Pkit wrote:
Great work BB!

I would give you kudos, but I don't think you need them anymore. :) If not just give me a hint ;)

Sure, save that mouse button :)
On a separate note, you should give Kudos to anyone who deserves them - regardless of how many they have or even if they can give those themselves ( :wink: ) - for 2 reasons:
1. It provides a small token of appreciation and an example for others to follow suit (same post or another)
2. We actually rank our content based on user feedback: http://gmatclub.com/static/top-posts/

So, think of Kudos more than just kudos :)

Quote:
1.I advise to add an alarm, when for example two minutes gone.

Thank you - I am giving you kudos for this :)

Quote:

how would this column be populated? where would the difficulty setting come from?

Quote:
3.I don't mind if it would be possible to export the workbook(just what I did wrong and correct) in XLS?

You can probably just copy and paste even now - it works for me.

Quote:
just my 2 kopecks

Спасибо.

Founder of GMAT Club

Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Kudos [?]: 527 [0], given: 531

Re: Time Yourself and Track your Progress in the Forum [#permalink] New post 25 May 2010, 12:52
bb wrote:
Sure, save that mouse button :)
On a separate note, you should give Kudos to anyone who deserves them - regardless of how many they have or even if they can give those themselves ( :wink: ) - for 2 reasons:
1. It provides a small token of appreciation and an example for others to follow suit (same post or another)
2. We actually rank our content based on user feedback: http://gmatclub.com/static/top-posts/

So, think of Kudos more than just kudos :)

Thank you BB for explanations!

You destroyed some of my myths.

You have inspired me to create a new thread: giving-receiving-kudos-94812.html#p729530 , I have created new thread about giving/receiving kudos, and kudos balance. :) Welcome!

sorry for off-top.

Audaces fortuna juvat!

Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: Time Yourself and Track your Progress in the Forum [#permalink] New post 25 May 2010, 14:44
Pkit wrote:

bb wrote:
how would this column be populated? where would the difficulty setting come from?

What i mean here: I am not sure whether it possible, from technical point of view, to populate such a column based on tags of difficulty, but it would be great.

Audaces fortuna juvat!

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Schools: HBS, Stanford, Haas, Ross, Cornell, LBS, INSEAD, Oxford, IESE/IE
Followers: 14

Kudos [?]: 144 [0], given: 117

Re: Time Yourself and Track your Progress in the Forum [#permalink] New post 27 May 2010, 12:44
Hello guys! long time no see :)
First of all congrats! BB, it does feel good to know that a little suggestion has been taken seriously and is turned into more useful and interesting one now as compared to the first one. An exchange of views between BB and me ( PM's :) ) now has a solid form, thanks to the developers for making it come true. I tried the new timer and loved it but I have one more thing to say that timer keeps on running after I hit the stop button instead it should be stopped at the same moment I hit the stop button. What do you think?
And it does look more pretty now :). Keep up the good work. I'll be starting to participate more now, as I'll be trying RC sections here and then Quants (had been out because of GRE especially vocabulary section).

Cheers,
Atif

"Don't be afraid of the space between your dreams and reality. If you can dream it, you can make it so."
Target=780
http://challengemba.blogspot.com
Kudos??

Expert Post
Founder
Founder

Re: Time Yourself and Track your Progress in the Forum [#permalink] New post 28 May 2010, 04:17
Expert's post
AtifS wrote:
Hello guys! long time no see :)
First of all congrats! BB, it does feel good to know that a little suggestion has been taken seriously and is turned into more useful and interesting one now as compared to the first one. An exchange of views between BB and me ( PM's :) ) now has a solid form, thanks to the developers for making it come true. I tried the new timer and loved it but I have one more thing to say that timer keeps on running after I hit the stop button instead it should be stopped at the same moment I hit the stop button. What do you think?
And it does look more pretty now :). Keep up the good work. I'll be starting to participate more now, as I'll be trying RC sections here and then Quants (had been out because of GRE especially vocabulary section).

Cheers,
Atif

Yes - thank you for the suggestion and your input 8-)

I will be in touch via PM about the stop/go issue with the timer - it works properly for me.

Founder of GMAT Club

Director
Director

Re: Time Yourself and Track your Progress in the Forum [#permalink] New post 16 Jun 2010, 07:49
Thanks bb for adding the 5 choices feature in the new timer.
Manager
Manager
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 46 [0], given: 12

Re: Time Yourself and Track your Progress in the Forum [#permalink] New post 27 Jun 2010, 05:59
Sorry for the naive question, but i cannot find the link for the latest GMAT timer.
Can some one help?

BTW, the new features are excellent. Thank you :)
Expert Post
Founder
Founder

Re: Time Yourself and Track your Progress in the Forum [#permalink] New post 28 Jun 2010, 13:20
Expert's post
You mean the link on top of every page? ;)
time-yourself-with-a-new-gmat-club-timer-v-96251.html

Founder of GMAT Club

Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: Time Yourself and Track your Progress in the Forum [#permalink] New post 28 Jun 2010, 21:06
bb wrote:
You mean the link on top of every page? ;)
time-yourself-with-a-new-gmat-club-timer-v-96251.html

Hi bb.

I think he meant walker's GMAT timer.

jakolik, you may search for it in this forum.

Audaces fortuna juvat!

Re: Time Yourself and Track your Progress in the Forum   [#permalink] 28 Jun 2010, 21:06