Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Oct 2014, 03:47

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Timeline for 2013 MBA Applications

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Timeline for 2013 MBA Applications [#permalink] New post 12 Mar 2012, 17:07
Finished the gmat recently and planning to apply for MBA 2013 admission.

Should I apply in the first round? Where can I find the round deadlines for each school? All current info is for 2012 admissions.

Waiting for advice on the best strategy on when to apply and if theres something called applying too early...

Thank you...... :-D
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
VP
VP
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
WE: Sales (Consumer Products)
Followers: 98

Kudos [?]: 401 [0], given: 73

Premium Member
Re: Timeline for 2013 MBA Applications [#permalink] New post 12 Mar 2012, 17:19
Deadlines and essay questions won't be out til late spring or even the summer. The best advice is to apply when you're ready to put together your best app. If you're expecting a promotion in June, go ahead and apply R1. If that promotion is coming in November, you might want to hold off til R2. Look to see where you will be by R1 deadlines (early Oct - mid November, depending on the school) in terms of work experience, GMAT, GPA (if you need to take any supplemental courses), leadership, and ECs. There are advantages to R1 and different advantages to R2. Some people split their apps between R1 and R2. Each person's strategy is different.

The Brain Dump - From Low GPA to Top MBA (Updated September 1, 2013) - A Few of My Favorite Things--> http://cheetarah1980.blogspot.com

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Concentration: Strategy, Economics
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2014
Followers: 13

Kudos [?]: 76 [0], given: 27

Re: Timeline for 2013 MBA Applications [#permalink] New post 13 Mar 2012, 10:08
cheetarah has it pretty much covered.

I'll add a few points though...

I don't think it's ever too early to start the process. This time last year I started visiting schools, brainstorming about what to write about in my essays, and thinking about who to select as recommenders.

As far as the essays and application itself, you're still several months away. Last year, Columbia was one of the first schools to go live with its essay questions. They were released in early May. I know for Kellogg and Booth, it was late summer (July-August). The deadlines for this year will probably be similar to last year's. Take a look at the threads for each school to get a good estimate.

cheetarah makes a good point about which round to apply in. I applied in R1 everywhere because 1.) I wanted to seal my fate as soon as possible, and 2.) i think there are slightly better odds in R1 (just my opinion).

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: Timeline for 2013 MBA Applications [#permalink] New post 14 Mar 2012, 18:22
Thanks to both of you for this useful information. This is surprising to me though, you are saying that every year the essay questions are different? Sorry for sounding like the newbie that I am!
VP
VP
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
WE: Sales (Consumer Products)
Followers: 98

Kudos [?]: 401 [0], given: 73

Premium Member
Re: Timeline for 2013 MBA Applications [#permalink] New post 14 Mar 2012, 18:39
gcpin wrote:
Thanks to both of you for this useful information. This is surprising to me though, you are saying that every year the essay questions are different? Sorry for sounding like the newbie that I am!

Depends on the school. Stanford's questions stayed the same from 2011 intake to 2012. Wharton's changed. You just don't know until they're released. And remember that almost every school has multiple essay questions. Sometimes 1 of 3 questions will change. Sometimes all 3 change. No way to predict it.

The Brain Dump - From Low GPA to Top MBA (Updated September 1, 2013) - A Few of My Favorite Things--> http://cheetarah1980.blogspot.com

Re: Timeline for 2013 MBA Applications   [#permalink] 14 Mar 2012, 18:39