Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Jul 2014, 20:34

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Timing on submitting GMAT scores in your app

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Manager
Manager
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Timing on submitting GMAT scores in your app [#permalink] New post 17 Dec 2008, 08:57
Took GMAT in September and sent to schools A B C D E
Retook, much better score in October, sent to schools C D E F G

Have not yet sent improved official scores to schools A & B yet.

A & B are longshots and at the time I took the test the second time I wasn't sure if I was going to apply - but now I am going to apply to them.

Question is, do I need, for Yes/No admission decision to send the schools the official score ($28/school), or can I just self-report? I wonder if it looks bad when they have the original low score in September but will see that I took the test in October yet didn't send the offical scores until 3-4 months later.
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: Timing on submitting GMAT scores in your app [#permalink] New post 18 Dec 2008, 13:58
I take it by the lack of response this is a non-issue?
Current Student
Schools: Kellogg Class of 2011
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 38 [0], given: 1

GMAT Tests User
Re: Timing on submitting GMAT scores in your app [#permalink] New post 18 Dec 2008, 14:05
It depends on the school. Some schools need the official score along with the rest of the app before making a decision to interview/admit etc. Some other schools are fine with self report and want the official score only after you are admitted.

I would suggest you check out the policies of schools A and B and see if they need the official score along with the rest of the app. If so, I suggest you send it to them when you submit your app.
Current Student
Schools: Chicago Booth '11
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 2

GMAT Tests User
Re: Timing on submitting GMAT scores in your app [#permalink] New post 18 Dec 2008, 15:04
yellowjacket wrote:
It depends on the school. Some schools need the official score along with the rest of the app before making a decision to interview/admit etc. Some other schools are fine with self report and want the official score only after you are admitted.

I would suggest you check out the policies of schools A and B and see if they need the official score along with the rest of the app. If so, I suggest you send it to them when you submit your app.

Do you know which schools require official scores? I applied to Tuck (nov rd) and only used my self reported scores, yet my online status says they have official scores.
Current Student

GMAT Tests User
Re: Timing on submitting GMAT scores in your app [#permalink] New post 18 Dec 2008, 19:28
Based on the schools I've applied to so far:

Chi/K/Col - required
Cornell/Tuck - unofficial is sufficient. If you get admitted they will ask for official score report.
Current Student

GMAT Tests User
Re: Timing on submitting GMAT scores in your app [#permalink] New post 18 Dec 2008, 21:26
Thanks. I'm submitting CBS next week so I appreciate the heads up.
Current Student

GMAT Tests User
Re: Timing on submitting GMAT scores in your app [#permalink] New post 18 Dec 2008, 23:57
AZCFA wrote:

No problem. Good luck with the CBS app. I just submitted it.

One word of advice, make sure you recheck everything. When I pasting my essays in there, it was changing symbols in there randomly. Quite annoying, I don't know why they don't let you upload files.
Current Student

GMAT Tests User
Re: Timing on submitting GMAT scores in your app [#permalink] New post 19 Dec 2008, 10:24
Thanks again. Also, are you sure about Cornell? Their website asks for official...

"Your application is not considered complete until we receive the official test scores directly from the Educational Testing Service. Hence, you must ensure that your official scores reach the Johnson School by the application deadline for which you wish to be considered: October 6, November 17, January 12*, March 23"
Current Student
Schools: CBS, Cornell, Duke, Ross, Darden
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 184 [0], given: 4

GMAT Tests User
Re: Timing on submitting GMAT scores in your app [#permalink] New post 19 Dec 2008, 10:49
AZCFA wrote:
Thanks again. Also, are you sure about Cornell? Their website asks for official...

"Your application is not considered complete until we receive the official test scores directly from the Educational Testing Service. Hence, you must ensure that your official scores reach the Johnson School by the application deadline for which you wish to be considered: October 6, November 17, January 12*, March 23"

I submitted my official score before I submitted my Cornell app.

http://www.johnson.cornell.edu/academic ... ments.html

The True Value of YOUR MBA: 103-t64239
GMATClub's Unofficial Chartered Financial Analyst thread: 103-t63245
How Much Weight Does the CFA Carry with Admissions: 103-t68059

1 KUDOS received
SVP
SVP
Schools: NYU Stern '11
Followers: 15

Kudos [?]: 205 [1] , given: 22

GMAT Tests User
Re: Timing on submitting GMAT scores in your app [#permalink] New post 19 Dec 2008, 11:39
This post received
KUDOS
AZCFA, Cornell does not require official GMAT scores to be sent until an offer of admissions has been made. I've been admitted and I still haven't sent them official scores. They did however request a PDF copy of my personal score report received after I took the test.

Save the $28 for until after you're admitted.

AZCFA wrote:
Current Student

GMAT Tests User
Re: Timing on submitting GMAT scores in your app [#permalink] New post 19 Dec 2008, 11:54
solaris1 wrote:
Save the $28 for until after you're admitted.

$28=+1 kudos. Thanks.
Director
Director
Followers: 20

Kudos [?]: 86 [0], given: 25

GMAT Tests User
Re: Timing on submitting GMAT scores in your app [#permalink] New post 19 Dec 2008, 12:12
Is there a comprehensive list shows which schools require GMAT score and which schools do not? I would like to save that $28? :)

Thanks much
Current Student

GMAT Tests User
Re: Timing on submitting GMAT scores in your app [#permalink] New post 19 Dec 2008, 12:16
billyjeans wrote:
Is there a comprehensive list shows which schools require GMAT score and which schools do not? I would like to save that $28? :)

Thanks much

You'll have to check each school individually. And, as for Cornell, they asked me to fax my unofficial report. They told me official scores aren't needed until admission as mentioned above.
Current Student
Schools: Wharton '11

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 2

GMAT Tests User
Re: Timing on submitting GMAT scores in your app [#permalink] New post 20 Dec 2008, 07:30
I would submit everything at once, because percentile decrease in time. E.g my 710 was 93% in March and it was 92% when I submitted in September. I was NOT happy with that...
Manager
Manager
Schools: Darden, Stern, CBS, Johnson, Fuqua

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 0

Re: Timing on submitting GMAT scores in your app [#permalink] New post 20 Dec 2008, 07:35
AZCFA wrote:

FYI...from the Columbia website:
Quote:
Be sure to self-report your GMAT score when completing your application. In addition, if an offer of admission is made, you must submit an official score report

Also, when I called, the admissions rep said that you don't need to submit official scores for your app to be complete.
Re: Timing on submitting GMAT scores in your app   [#permalink] 20 Dec 2008, 07:35