Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 16 Apr 2014, 05:29

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Timing question and last day strategy

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Timing question and last day strategy [#permalink] New post 06 Jan 2005, 08:15
I've heard people mention a timing guide for the quant section, where can I find that? It would be really helpful to me to be able to look at my paper to see about how much time I have left for each question instead of having to figure it out myself. For example, if I'm stuck on a hard question I'd like to be able to look at the clock and the question I'm on and determine whether I'll still average about 2 mins/question if I spend another minute on the current questino.I'm taking the gmat tomorrow from 12:00-4:00.

Today I thouught I'd do some kap questions now to warm up, a powerprep test at 12:00, then review the questions I've made mistakes on(not just todays mistakes) throughout the day.

What would be the best way for me warm up tomorrow? I don't want to be tired when I take the real test, but I also want to feel like I've warmed up enough that I'm ready to go from the 1st question.

I've taken the gmat twice already (660, 680) and really want to get a 750. I feel like I've improved dramatically since last time and will do a better job controlling my nerves.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
VP
VP
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 27 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 06 Jan 2005, 08:48
i already did it once and i would stop learning NOW and start to relax until tomorrow. it is very important to stay calm and relaxed, but focused. GOOD LUCK !!!
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 06 Jan 2005, 11:04
christoph wrote:
i already did it once and i would stop learning NOW and start to relax until tomorrow. it is very important to stay calm and relaxed, but focused. GOOD LUCK !!!

I just finished my powerpoint test and scored a 50 in quant. The only question I missed was the 2nd to last one b/c I drank too much water and had to go to the bathroom. I recognized about 4 questions from doing the OG but still worked out all of them. I'm going to relax for a while now then go over my mistakes much later

Last time I think I relaxed too much the day before and was not focused when I took the test.

I really think working on the problems here helped me as I am better at solving problems on the computer screen than I used to be. I guess I will find out tomorrow at 4:00 how much all my preperation has paid off. Thanks for your advice and help.
  [#permalink] 06 Jan 2005, 11:04