Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 19:00 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 19:00

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1117 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [0]
 Q48  V39
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 520 [0]
Schools:Darden
 Q50  V51
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 332 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
How about a power nap after lunch? A little siesta always helps, the only problem is oversleeping. I usually sleep on my commute home from work and I feel so refreshed when the train pulls into my stop.
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1117 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
pelihu wrote:
How are you going to go out every night if you go to bed at 9 or 10? :lol:

Actually, I have a serious point. Preparing for and doing well in class is just 1 facet of business school. Another very important facet is recruiting - after all, would anyone be at b-school if they weren't looking to improve themselves professionally? Anyhow, a lot of important stuff takes place later in the evening. Cocktail hours and dinner with recruiters are the obvious concerns, and you want to be at your best during these hours. Also, networking with fellow classmates in a casual setting is probably really important as well.

I think the only real solution is just to cut out sleep as much as possible.

Therein lies the dilemma. We can't go to class unprepared yet we also need to be able to schmooze with all the other VCapitalists and consultants during the after hours.

As for getting in "face time," I have been attending events for the first hour or so, then I covertly sneak out the back door when nobody's looking. I just can't stay awake after 9pm anymore.

The good thing about waking up early is that I can also get one or two workouts in at the IMA, where, believe it or not, some of my classmates like to socialize at 6am!!
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 520 [0]
Schools:Darden
 Q50  V51
Send PM
[#permalink]
A nap is a great idea if you can find some time in the afternoon. They help a lot. I wish there was a place on campus where I could put my head down for a while.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 83 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
pelihu wrote:
A nap is a great idea if you can find some time in the afternoon. They help a lot. I wish there was a place on campus where I could put my head down for a while.

Yeah I stay abt 5 mins from Kellogg. I usually go back and take a few power naps during the day! Helps a lot!! However, I wonder whether I can do the same in winter!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 233 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Finance (Corp Fin, Financial Instruments)
Schools:NYU Stern 2009
Send PM
[#permalink]
Study lounge sofas and Statistics class seem popular sleeping grounds for my classmates.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 98 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Everyone in school is sleep deprived, and it seems like everyone has cough/colds. In any given class at any given moment, five people will be coughing simultaneously.

It's all good though, I'm sure sometime around the spring of 2009 things will slow down and we'll all be well rested and healthy again.
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]