Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 18 Sep 2014, 20:32

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Tips from a 760 (Q49, V44)

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Tips from a 760 (Q49, V44) [#permalink] New post 11 May 2013, 11:01
Hi all,

I just wanted to share a couple tips from my testing experience, might be helpful to you guys.

The actual test was pretty close to the GMAT Prep tests, but the reading comprehension and sentence correction were harder IMO, with the critical reasoning the same level. The quant section was pretty standard, maybe only 1-2 questions that were ridiculously hard. I also really had to pee for the last 15 min of quant, no doubt this messed up my focus haha. I got a subscription to GMAT Pill for the SC videos, they were, in my opinion, the best money I spent. The videos were very clear, and extremely helpful. The GMAT Club tests were invaluable earlier in my prep, just building up my quant chops so when I saw a hard GMAT quant question, I knew how to tackle it right away. Although I didn't hit Q50 or Q51, if I didn't have to pee really bad for that last 15 min I'm sure I could have hit that (make sure to pee fully during the breaks!). However, in anybody's last week before the test, running through every hard OG question, GMATPrep question, the two practice tests, and retaking the two tests to find extra questions is the most valuable thing you can do.

I didn't really put in too much time other than two weeks before the test when I just hit it hard for 4-6 hours a day, and let this serve as some inspiration to everybody out there that a little hard work will go a long way.
GMAT Pill GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 640 Q42 V37
GPA: 3.5
WE: Web Development (Computer Software)
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 66 [0], given: 14

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Tips from a 760 (Q49, V44) [#permalink] New post 11 May 2013, 12:59
deepakr wrote:
Hi all,

I just wanted to share a couple tips from my testing experience, might be helpful to you guys.

The actual test was pretty close to the GMAT Prep tests, but the reading comprehension and sentence correction were harder IMO, with the critical reasoning the same level. The quant section was pretty standard, maybe only 1-2 questions that were ridiculously hard. I also really had to pee for the last 15 min of quant, no doubt this messed up my focus haha. I got a subscription to GMAT Pill for the SC videos, they were, in my opinion, the best money I spent. The videos were very clear, and extremely helpful. The GMAT Club tests were invaluable earlier in my prep, just building up my quant chops so when I saw a hard GMAT quant question, I knew how to tackle it right away. Although I didn't hit Q50 or Q51, if I didn't have to pee really bad for that last 15 min I'm sure I could have hit that (make sure to pee fully during the breaks!). However, in anybody's last week before the test, running through every hard OG question, GMATPrep question, the two practice tests, and retaking the two tests to find extra questions is the most valuable thing you can do.

I didn't really put in too much time other than two weeks before the test when I just hit it hard for 4-6 hours a day, and let this serve as some inspiration to everybody out there that a little hard work will go a long way.

Congratulations Deepak! The total score and the verbal especially, is very impressive! :) I wish you best of luck for the college applications this year and hope you get thru to a gr8 college! As always such stories do lift our morale. I am to take the test prity soon too...hope I manage a similar score! :)

Feed me some KUDOS! :) :) *always hungry*

My Thread : Recommendation Letters

Expert Post
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2279

Kudos [?]: 8814 [0], given: 3667

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Tips from a 760 (Q49, V44) [#permalink] New post 11 May 2013, 14:02
Expert's post
Congratulations and thank you for posting a debrief! It has been somewhat quiet lately :-)

Posted from my mobile device.

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Manager
Manager
Affiliations: GNGO2, SSCRB
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.33
WE: Analyst (Health Care)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 62 [0], given: 11

Reviews Badge
Re: Tips from a 760 (Q49, V44) [#permalink] New post 11 May 2013, 20:03
deepakr wrote:
Hi all,

Congratulations !!!!!! ................. Thanks !! for Sharing ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :)

If you don’t make mistakes, you’re not working hard. And Now that’s a Huge mistake.

Re: Tips from a 760 (Q49, V44)   [#permalink] 11 May 2013, 20:03