Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 03:41 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 03:41

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 422 [0]
Given Kudos: 46
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 698 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship, Digital Media & Entertainment
Schools:UC Berkeley Haas School of Business MBA 2010
 Q51  V41
GPA: 3.9 - undergrad 3.6 - grad-EE
WE 1: Social Gaming
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 422 [0]
Given Kudos: 46
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Re: Tips on Application Timeline for Future Applicants [#permalink]
Hi Kryzak

I have seen a lot of timelines threads which you have aggregated in the vault, although they are helpful for applicants I still have some doubts hoping you could give some advice.

I am aiming at Jan/Sep 2011 courses and have started the application process, many schools do not change there essays radically from one year to another year so I am working with Sep 2010 essays and trying to figure out my story. What I am really confused about is the app strategy as I think I have the time to prepare essays for all of my target schools come R1 should I go ahead and apply to all of them in R1 ?

Also since I have all this time on hand I am also looking at early decision rounds like Columbia (does any other school have a early decision round?)
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 698 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship, Digital Media & Entertainment
Schools:UC Berkeley Haas School of Business MBA 2010
 Q51  V41
GPA: 3.9 - undergrad 3.6 - grad-EE
WE 1: Social Gaming
Send PM
crackfire2003 wrote:
Hi Kryzak

I have seen a lot of timelines threads which you have aggregated in the vault, although they are helpful for applicants I still have some doubts hoping you could give some advice.

I am aiming at Jan/Sep 2011 courses and have started the application process, many schools do not change there essays radically from one year to another year so I am working with Sep 2010 essays and trying to figure out my story. What I am really confused about is the app strategy as I think I have the time to prepare essays for all of my target schools come R1 should I go ahead and apply to all of them in R1 ?

Also since I have all this time on hand I am also looking at early decision rounds like Columbia (does any other school have a early decision round?)

Hi crackfire2003,

I think practicing essays on this year's topics is good, and the essays don't change that much. Even if they do, you can use the stories for other schools or other essays, so it won't be all moot.

If you are ready for R1, I would recommend doing that. You find out earlier (in January) and can relax (or quit your job) earlier.

I don't think any other school has ED like Columbia, sorry.

Cheers!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 123 [0]
Given Kudos: 3439
Send PM
kryzak wrote:
piyatiwari wrote:
Guyz I am appearing for GMAT in mid-november. Is it too late? Do I have ay chances for Round 2? :?:

if Round 2s are in January, you have a chance, you just can't really apply to more than 2-3 schools. The first school will probably take you 1 month to prepare (along with recommendation letters, all your history, transcripts, etc...), which puts you to mid-December. You probably have time to do one more school and give it a fair amount of time (2-3 weeks).

For future applicants, I just wanted to throw in my two cents and say I don't think this is true. I definitely agree it's less than ideal, but, if you are at all confident in your reasons for getting an MBA, are proactive about exploring your past for essay topics (i.e. do it while you're GMAT prepping) and you smartly budget your time, you can apply to as many schools as you want in R2 with a mid-November GMAT. Of course, you won't have time for much else, besides maybe a school visit or two, but you can do it. I took mine on November 13th and still hit deadlines of Dec 1, Dec 15, and several schools this week and next. Whether they're admits or dings, I couldn't say. Even if they were all rejected, I wouldn't be so sure the reason was sub-par essays; there are other things in my profile that might give an adcom pause. However, if you start with your biggest application and flesh out your essay material from there, you'll be in good shape. I do also second the point regarding the applications themselves, though. The background B.S. will take you hours longer than you expect. Good luck! Hope everything goes well for you all.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 216 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V45
GPA: 3.37
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
Hey thanks for this post guys, I was just trying to figure out whether I need to be saving my vacation time this year for interviews, or if the interviews would be beginning of next year.

It sounds like if I apply R1 2011, then the interviews will most likely be in December 2011. Which means no exotic trips this year... oh well :D
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 215 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V44
GPA: 3.69
WE:Analyst (Consulting)
Send PM
Tips on Application Timeline for Future Applicants [#permalink]
Excellent post! Thanks for sharing these valuable tips! :)
Non-Human User
Own Kudos [?]: 40 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hello from the GMAT Club MBAbot!

Thanks to another GMAT Club member, I have just discovered this valuable topic, yet it had no discussion for over a year. I am now bumping it up - doing my job. I think you may find it valuable (esp those replies with Kudos).

Want to see all other topics I dig out? Follow me (click follow button on profile). You will receive a summary of all topics I bump in your profile area as well as via email.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2