Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 26 Nov 2014, 17:41

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

To IE or not to IE is the question

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

To IE or not to IE is the question [#permalink] New post 03 Aug 2010, 12:31
Folks,

I've been researching high and low and I find it strange that for a school that's ranked in the top 10 globally by many different lists, there's not much conversation about IE International MBA.

I am looking for one year MBAs and I want to start real soon. I don't want to wait a whole year till Aug/Sept of next year to start school and IE fits the bill with that respect. But a few rankings showing IE's post MBA career prospects as low when it comes to salary rankings and the talk I've heard of IE's popularity only extending to Spain and LatAm scares me. I am looking for post MBA work in Europe or Asia and lastly US. I've been working in the US for the last 5 years and I am looking for a global outlook on my work.

Anyone has done enough research on IE to shed some light for me? I am looking for feedback on what they've read/heard/experienced with respect to IE and the career opportunities that follow the MBA there.

Any help/opinions would greatly help me in making up my mind on whether I should put in a couple of weeks and 125Euros towards that application. I am applying to INSEAD, IMD, Oxford & Cambridge and LSB (even though it's 15 months).

Much appreciated...
Manager
Manager
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 49 [0], given: 12

Re: To IE or not to IE is the question [#permalink] New post 03 Aug 2010, 21:25
I am interested in IE as well... So let's see what the guys have to say about it.
Manager
Manager
Schools: Ross
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 23 [0], given: 32

Re: To IE or not to IE is the question [#permalink] New post 04 Aug 2010, 01:49
IE seems really intriguing . However there seems to be disconnect between its high ranking and its lack of respect among MBA applicants and students which no one has been able to explain satisfactorily. I found that they have a strong focus on entrepreneurship which I personally am interested in. Further they seem to be canvassing far more actively than any other top 20 school. (in Beijing , where I live currently)
Manager
Manager
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
Schools: Stanford '13 (D)
GPA: 3.11
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 28

Re: To IE or not to IE is the question [#permalink] New post 20 Aug 2010, 04:43
Would like to know about IE myself...anyone from IE here?

Re-taking GMAT. Hope the charm works this time.. :)

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Re: To IE or not to IE is the question [#permalink] New post 20 Aug 2010, 05:02
Discussions on every other school has tremendous amount of chatter and there is no one able to contribute about IE. I started this thread over a month ago. It makes me leery. For hearsay, IE's post MBA job prospects seem to be week. I understand that they're stronger in Spain and LatAm, but not so hot compared to the rest of the schools for jobs elsewhere. (Again, it's hearsay... and stats). It's apparently ranked #26 for post MBA jobs (or time taken to find work) on one of the rankings.

I've decided to not apply to IE.
Re: To IE or not to IE is the question   [#permalink] 20 Aug 2010, 05:02