Greetings! I just appeared for gmat and obtained a mediocre score of 690. I am a bit concerned whether I should retake the GMAT again and would appreciate if you could provide some feedback and suggestions.
I am including my profile to provide some background:GMAT:
690 (Q49 and V34)Undergrad in Computer Engineering from a top SE Asian School
- Pass with Merit
- GPA ~ 3.3 to 3.5 (not really sure how to map grades to GPA).
- Was offered Singapore Airlines Youth Scholarship and Singapore Govt Bursary to complete my undergrad studies in Singapore.
- Was also working part time during my undergraduate days with several technology companies including Hewlett Packard (Singapore) and British Gas (UK).
- Won several business and technical competition and was featured in the National newspaper of Singapore on several occasions.- Singapore Straits Times..- NTU News
- Was a member of school's student's commitee.
- Currently pursuing Chartered Engineering
from IEE (UK). Should have it by early next year.
- Executive Education on Marketing - Tuck Business SchoolWork Ex:
- Worked for Hewlett Packard in several Technical/Engineering positions including leading of cross grographic teams.
- Currently leading Product and Service strategy for one of the core product of HP.
- Had filed for ~ 20 invention disclosures towards the submission of patents
- Was nominated for MIT Innovator Award by HP Labs
- Was featured in Asia Week (a CNN-Time Warner publication) as one of the top innovator of Asia in 2001.- Asiaweek Article..International Experience
- Orginally from India (lived there for 16 years) before moving to Singapore on the Singapore Airlines scholarship to pusure 'A' Levels and then Undergrad in Computer Engineering.
- Lived in Singapore for approx 10 years.
- Participated in a 6 months internship in the United Kingdom with British Gas.
- Worked in Singapore (for HP) for approx 2 years
- Currently working in the US for HP. Have been here for approx 3 years.
- Will be a Singapore citizen in January and a PIO of India. Waiting for US PR to be processed.Social Activities
- Volunteer for the National Parks Service
- Volunteer for United Nations (through a Canadian organization called RESPECT)Interest and other activities
- Mountaineering and Climbing (member of local Mountaineering club)
- Sea Kayaking
- Member of the Toastmasters club
I am interested in the following schools:
- UPenn (Wharton)
- Berkerley - Haas
- Insead (France)
- IMD (Switzerland)
Linda, what do you think my chances are? Do you think I need to retake my GMAT for the low GMAT/GPA? I should be able to get a very string recommendations from my managers/directors at work. Please assist.
With your high level of achievement and still competitive GMAT, focus now on the essays and don't retake the GMAT. I think that would be your best use of time at this point. You have a competitive profile for the schools on your list.