Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 19 Sep 2014, 00:11

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

to retest or not to retest

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 5

to retest or not to retest [#permalink] New post 20 May 2010, 04:09
I'm sure there are plenty of people out there who can sympathize with me. I prepped pretty solidly for about 5 months and peaked yesterday with a 730 unofficial score report (q47, v45). Last weekend I took two GMATPreps and got a 720 and 760 respectively. Starting out in my preparation back in January I took a diagnostic GMATPrep and scored a 640. I'm applying to top 10 schools so my initial goal was to break 700. My final GMATPrep Q score was 50. So I think I missed the mark by quite a bit on the quant side of the house. I beat my initial goal with a low performance given my current capability. I usually hit between 60-80% on the challenges (untimed). What to do? I'm driving myself a little crazy here. I'm especially concerned about the rumors that employers like to screen for high quant scores. Any advice besides "stop whining" would be greatly appreciated!
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
Schools: IESE, Spain; Booth (Chicago); Ross (Michigan)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 9

Re: to retest or not to retest [#permalink] New post 20 May 2010, 04:25
I think you should stop whining ( :-D just joking) and start working on your essays and general applications. A 730 score is pretty good, I myself scored 680 a few days ago even though my optimum aim was 700. And I only studied for about 2 months for that score. No GMAT score (even 800) can guarantee you a place at a school and I think yours is just great - if the rest of your details are good you'll almost certainly get into your dream school.

Oh, and congrats on your score!
Re: to retest or not to retest   [#permalink] 20 May 2010, 04:25